• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos benzo substitutions

I tapered heavy use of IV flunitrazepam under medical control in few months, for what I've learn needs a less potent benzo with long blood life to take up to 4 times x day, 1 sleeping pill incuded.
Valium can be the first to use, then prazepam, lormetazepam and bromazepam, better if taken in drops because it's easier, anyway I strongly advice you to talk with a psychiatrist and get a tapering schedule and a every week visit to see how it goes.

Good luck!

All benzos have a cross tolerance. Taking Valium and Klonopin may cause an even greater tolerance to Xanax. At least from my experience (though the other way around), my prescribed dose of Klonopin (1mg 2x a day) had a terribly diminished effect after taking Xanax for a few days. Then again, that is only my experience. But in my opinion, it certainly would NOT reduce your tolerance to Xanax.

^There is definitely a cross tolerance. I was using about 5mg of xanax most days for about 6 months. I was cut off from the xanax and started using valium, eventually working my way up to about 100mgs a day. After 2 months or so on the valium my source for xanax reopened and it took 7mgs to even feel the slightest buzz.

Just as there's no complete cross tolerance between morphine and levorphanol, for instance, there's no complete cross tolerance between clonazepam and alprazolam. But answering your question, the difference you're looking for is actually inadequate to existing. So - NO (if you wanted to quit alprazolam, it would be a first step for a doctor to get you on some long-lasting benzodiazepine; but you don't mean that kind of thing, I guess).

I tapered heavy use of IV flunitrazepam
Incidentally, I tried more than once to substitute flunitrazepam for alprazolam at night to no avail: I would fall asleep only after taking my bar.

no, because like opiates, the cross tolerance works the same way. so it would raise your tolerance slightly for each use of valium and klonopin toward xanax

prolly the valium moreso than the klonopin but thats just my opinion and experience