• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about filling a prescription

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilaPunK

Bluelighter
I have a brand new prescription in hand for duragesic patches. I have a question. If i goto a pharmacy that i usually dont use, tell them my insurance is cut off and say i wanna pay cash, can they look in the comp and see i filled the script on July 8. I ran out early and am just looking to pick up 5 to hold me over till my fill date. They shoiuld fill it no problem since im not using insurance right? I am going to pay cash. My insurance is in their computer, if i tell them my ins is not valid will they still check it? Thanks im desperate i need to know.

btw like i said this is not he pharmacy i used last time to fill the script.

If it is a LEGIT script, I would go to a LOCAL NON CHAIN non cpu linked database and your a new person there no record. State your a new person first time here and you have no Insurance paying cash.

If your sript is legit.

I would not chance going to a chain pharm that has your info in file, thats just me.

Once again, all depending on if your script is legit. A local pharm, C2 drug, new patient,wants to pay cash(no insurance) they might call the doc to verify.

just dont use the same chain as all their computers are connected.
is the script from a different doctor or something? i dont see why you wouldnt just use your regular pharm and ins

because my regular pharm just filled it on the 8th. its too early. and ins wont cover till august 2nd. i need it tomorrow. i havnt used cvs in awhile but they do have my insurance on file. I mean if i tell them i want to pay cash, i dont see why they would run it thru insurance at all. In fact im telling them my ins is getting renewed

same doc. what happneed was i had a extra script laying around on the 8th and i used it to fill my script thru insurance. now i have an extra script from this month to use.

im worried about going to a small pharm cause they charge a fortune for the script. cvs wants 218 for 5 patches and i can afford that. I havnt filled the patches at cvs in about 5 months and i cant see they running it thru insurance after me explaining my ins is not valid and i want to pay cash. Script is 100% LEGIT

Asking to pay cash for a C2 substance raises "red flags". My gf is a doc and has seen on numerous timespeople wanting to pay with cash to get around something that might not be just right.

Most NON chain pharms around here are WAY cheaper than CVS, WAlgreens, etc.

If patch at CVS is 250.00 if you go to a nonchain its not going to be 375.00 for same brand, str. All things equal the price might differ by a few dollars either way.

Thats just me.

I wouldn't recommend it. Everything you've described sounds like it will set off red flags. I wouldn't fuck around with your C2 prescriptions. You might lose them/get arrested.

I used to work for an independent pharmacy and they do not know when or if you've filled a prescription before (unless you've filled it with them). Paying cash for a script is also not a 'red flag' unless you're acting like a drug addict and even if they do suspect something suspicious there is no way for them to know. Also many people do not have insurance and I have seen plenty of people pay cash for controlled prescriptions, so there's nothing to worry about with that...especially with the way the economy is now it is not an odd thing for some one to not have insurance. The pharmacy I used to work for used to fill prescriptions for people and sometimes people would come back to fill early and because of insurance issues they would just simply not put it through on insurance and let the people pay cash for it (and for the more common costumers they would even fill the prescription early and just wait until the 'proper' fill date to bill it to the insurance)<-- I'm not exactly sure how many other pharmacies will do this and I'm almost positive they won't do it for a new costumer but the point is that they really don't ask many questions because they want their money so they'll fill your script. The only way some one can see what prescriptions you have filled and what prescriptions you are currently filling and what dates this all happened is if your doctor runs the report. Pharmacies don't get, and can't get any more information you give them unless it's through your insurance company (or unless they call your doc).

we do not allow questions revolving around the pharmacy and filling out prescriptions and insurance.

please check out the rules in my signature link to refresh your memory, and check out the State of OD thread as well for the latest updates going on in OD:)

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.