• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants !! Urgent Advice Requested Please !! Ingested potentially baaad stuff

Never.Bones

Greenlighter
Christ I can't believe I'm actually making one of these posts.

Ingested a solution of about 0.05g methamphetamine (supposedly) in water.

Upon drinking and swallowing I noticed a fairly strong chlorine or possibly ammonia type smell/taste but was too stoooooopid to spit it out straight away.

Have noticed some mild burning and irritation develop in the mouth and throat in the past 30min.

Called the Queensland (Australia) Poisons informations line, and was told to keep sipping water, and if there is any vomitting - call an ambulance. So she seemed casual about it.

At the end she asked for my postcode, which I gave reflexively.

Now having mild anxiety about whether police are going to turn up 8)

Any advice on that little matter and the whole thing in general is appreciated.

Really never thought I'd be actually authoring one of these posts.

I think you'll be fine, meth is a fairly caustic chemical, and there could easily be a little of whatever left over from the cooking process. Highly doubt it's anything to worry about with only 0.05g.

Your going to be fine, do some deep breathing and dilute whatever is in your system with lots of water.

Edit: Also hide (or flush) all of your shit, just to be safe.

Goddamn haven't even been GreenLighter for 24 hours 8o Gah I'm normally sensible and extremely cautious... whatever happens this is a nice wake up call to myself to tell me to.. wake the fuck up :!

Cautiously aware of a slight discomfort in the oesophegeal region, but hasn't gotten worse or spread further.

Faint tingling/pins and needles in hands and feet... but am aware of the fact that I do get that on stimulants after a 24+ run redose sometimes in normal situations.

No nausea.

Little bit stressed

8)

Cheers guys.

Little bit worried about the nature of the substance... I usually smoke but didn't because it was not pleasant at all and needed a wash, but made a silly decision and thought that a bit ingested would be ok - without sniffing it first.

The fact that it was adulterated meth that produced some kind of chlorine/ammonia gas when put in solution makes me wonder what nasty sounding compound it could be.

by "slight discomfort in the oesophegeal region" you mean that you have a stomach ache? that's normal with anxiety and nausea associated with meth.

Have never tried methamphetamine, though I have taken lots of chemical drugs dissolved in water, and what you are describing is entirely normal, nothing to worry about. I would seriously doubt there was actually a release of any sort of gas as you swallowed it tbh, any gas that was going to be evolved would have been on adding it to water, not when it got to your mouth. If you are worried though, add some more to water, and check to see if any gas is released.

Haha no no, a genuine feeling of irritation further up.

Hrm, getting a slight visual effect now. Colour and detail is noticeably more vivid... experience similiar on a low dose of 2-cb before.

No, no anxiety. You go wait over there in the corner.

Ah no dude, whatever that solution contained when it went down the hatch wasn't by any means normal. Yeah probably wasn't any harmful gas but it was certainly something the irritated the beeejeeesus out of my mouth.

Maybe she asked for the post code in case she recalls you, you doesn't answer, so that she could call an ambulance considering something bad happened??? Don't worry too much.

there is no way that ammonia gas was released not chlorine gas either...neither is present in the finished product,except chlorine is in tap water...ammonia is not able to be put into a solid form except unde rsome exreme laboratory conditions..a real research lab at a university or chemical company..ammonia gas would not be found in a solid compound unless it is ammonium nitrate which produces ammonia gas only when added to sodium hydroxide(lye) under pressure in a metal tank for example and then propane is added and adgitated(shaken ) to the tank of ammonium nitrate(a coomonfertilzer in the USA) and lye ,both of which must be contained in a metal cylynder under pressure and then propane gas is added through a line conecting the propane contaner(under pressure) to the pressurised ammonium nitrate and lye containg container also under pressure...so you are feeling some irratation from impure meth or from meth itself,it often irratates a persons stomach and throat after oral ingestion...eat a calcium or antacid pill,,or mix a spoon of baking soda and sit it into a glass of water and drink..this is an antacid for the person who does not want to go buy tums or whatver brand of antacids you hav ethere...it is also cheaper to do it that way..baking soda is cheap and water is as well,,unless you live in the desert with no running water..then if that was the case you would not be on a computer most likely,altho you could still have crystal meth in the desert...lol or anywhere,,,jutsstay calm.. .05 of a gram is 50 mg...you will be ok,,dink water take antacids ...be mellow...its ok ..

Yeah that was the obvious explanation, but it wouldn't truly be a panic thread if I didn't at least throw that out there once.

Definitely feeling a bit abnormal (and not in the I just had some meth kind of way).
Vision is definitely affected, feel a little wobbly and intoxicated. The occasional unhealthy skin prickle and numbness and hot feeling.

I'm watching you kidneys. Give me a shout if anything gets rough down there, 'kay?

Thanks for the responses. Especially my fellow Greenlighter jumping in.

Yeah true, I didn't mean necessarily it was chlorine or ammonia gas, just had that smell/odour, which made me think of a myriad of potential nasty adulterants or leftovers combining to form hydriotic such-and-such. And it has done some nasty things to my mouth, tongue and throat, no question :/ not 1st degree burns or anything, but enough to remind me for at least a few days :D

Baking soda in water eh.. Yeah, we are a rich people here, with many comforts. Water I can do.

BaybeX: Well yeah, that's why I'm posting here :p

Better to do a bit of sensible worrying and have people that aren't high say it's fine, since I know I'm not in the best state to form an accurate judgement.

Seriously though, just swallowing a single mouthful has burned the inside of my mouth. Shit is nasty.