• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help IV diffrent pills as safe as possible

x_fizzler

Bluelighter
Ok so i get oxys and roxys ocasionally i dont know if i really care to IV them i use to and it wasnt all that great anyway, the oral BA works well and IV oxy isnt really a rush to me and goes by quick. But if i were to IV oxy id probably use the malli roxy 30s.

I also get a fare share of MSIR and ABG ER ms. Now ive read that ABGs cant be as easily shot as mallis or or brands. Im my experince when i heat for plugging an ABG pill will get a bit of wax of the top have some filler in the spoon but mostly turns into a yellowy non jelly substance. Does anyone specifically prep abg pills??

As far as the MSIR roxanne brand i get are a little more scarce than the abgs. When i mix them with water all the binders and crap sink to the bottom never heated as theres no reason. The problem i have with these is they contain talc i guess and i have no idea where to easily obtain a few micron filters, id really rather not order them wish there were dealersthat sold them, probably have pluged all the msir before the order came. Anyways if ordering them is the only way can someone set me up with a decent source that doesnt sell in bulk.

No i dont intend on IVing all the time i cant even get enough needles to do that. Will shooting an msir once or twice with only a cig butt be a huge problem? I mean for some reason i snorted these pills all the time along with roxys and never had a problem with talc in my lungs. So i guess im saying if done in moderation is the risk greatly minimized? I think my biggest fear especially wit the abgs is a missed hit and losing an arm.... any suggestions besides swallow your pills would be appreciated

Please, atleast use a cotton, not cig butt.

As for the risk, its random.
I've shot up quite a few things/gotten boy cut with mdone where the risk was there, but I'm still here.

^definitely not, cotton buds work much better than cigarette butts

micron filters will work better than anything else

Last edited:
i dissagree i think cig buts work better as long as it is a tube intended to be filled with tobbaco i wouldnt use one that has tobbaco in it/has been smoked i have only shot msir 20 times in the last 4 days thru a iv at the hospital im at i was using cotton balls to filter then i tryed a cig filter and it seemed to make it a little "cleaner" and the rush was the exact same

ya i rip my filters off neway so i have tons of clean filters....

So since all i have is an oc80 and a 15mg of a 30mg roxy, i just shot the roxy, so only 15mg of oxy but i feel it nice and warm wish i woulda had more...

i used alchol on the spoon then used shot 2ml of water in it along with the 15mgs crushed. then i stired let it sit for a minute. I then filtered it with a q tip and saw some shit floating in the barrel so i shot it back in the spoon and filtered threw a new qtip. the solution was as clear as water. found a vein rubed with alcohol tied off registered loosend belt registered a little bit again then i slowly pushed half the solution in registered again and shot the rest... my arm looks completely fine has a red dot no bumping or brusing.

So im wondering what is the deal with talc how safe is it to shoot pills like this and what if i would have had a missed hit (did this a month ago with a clinical ampule of dilaudid urghh)..

If i wanted to shoot an OC saftely could i prep the same way without cooking as to avoid dangers of binders and wax and shit? I know cooking it would be more efficent but i dont have a problem just using a lil more powder and eating whats left

i dissagree i think cig buts work better as long as it is a tube intended to be filled with tobbaco i wouldnt use one that has tobbaco in it/has been smoked i have only shot msir 20 times in the last 4 days thru a iv at the hospital im at i was using cotton balls to filter then i tryed a cig filter and it seemed to make it a little "cleaner" and the rush was the exact same

well thats going off the faq on bluelight, i've tried looking around for an analysis of filters used for injection(what gets through) but you have to pay to get results on the only article i could find..

i found something on a government based hr website saying it's possible for cigarette filters to contain glass shards but nothing conclusive on how effective they are in comparison to cotton buds.

i'd seriously recommend against shooting pills without filtering through a micron filter

well as i originally asked does anyone have a source for micron filters that arent sold by the 100s? and just out of curosity how bad is all this for you if done in moderation? maybe once every few weeks or so? Im pretty sure it has to be as bad as smoking two packs of non filters a day, or snorting these pills or even the guys that smoke them, all these methods would carry the small binders into your lungs, that is what happens to the talk when you shoot right?

i found something on a government based hr website saying it's possible for cigarette filters to contain glass shards but nothing conclusive on how effective they are in comparison to cotton buds.

i'd seriously recommend against shooting pills without filtering through a micron filter

^^^^ the best advise in this thread
yeah i've read, and been told by social workers that work at NSP's that cigarette filters contain fibreglass and it's possible to get some of the in your rig.... however unlikely it seems.... i was even told pocket lint is better than a cigarette filter!

Anybody in the habit of slamming pills should always be using a 0.2um Micron Filter. I use them for my Dillies as well as smack for the last 6 or 7 years.

I am new to this, I have always snorted nothing else. I do not have a clue on filtering? what is that

cigarete cotton is just as good as any other standard cotton that people use that arent into the "blue light harm reduction scene" for petes sake the project reach here gives a bag with TINY cottons for when u want to IV, along with clean needles, water bottle, bleach, etc..and these cottons are tiny..cigarete cottons are fine

is there something on here where i can watch? Im new and have no idea of the terms about iv ing?

IV means intraveinous - it is the act of injecting a drug directly into ones vein. Pills contain harmful binders which should not be injected, hence you can use cigarette filters to filter these out making your injection safer.
Okay bamababe?

There is no glass in cigarette filters. This is an urban myth. The vast majority of cigarette filters are made from cellulose acetate. There is very little difference between solutions filtered with a cigarette filter or a small piece of cotton.

Here's a study which compared various filters: Effect of filtration on morphine and particle content of injections prepared from slow-release oral morphine tablets

That link is just re-directing back to this thread. I compiled some studies in the following thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/626897-The-best-filter-for-injection-aside-from-a-micron-filter

But if you're shooting pills you should really be using a micron filter. See more info about micron filters here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ega-Thread-and-FAQ?highlight=micron+filtering

in my experience cigarette filters are preferable to cotton swabs, but after having just got an abscess cut out of my thigh i will never IV again without a micron

any suggestions besides swallow your pills would be appreciated
You could also try plugging (rectal administration), many people find it very effective and it's safer than injecting. Otherwise check out the threads on preparing pills for injection.

well as i originally asked does anyone have a source for micron filters that arent sold by the 100s? and just out of curosity how bad is all this for you if done in moderation? maybe once every few weeks or so? Im pretty sure it has to be as bad as smoking two packs of non filters a day, or snorting these pills or even the guys that smoke them, all these methods would carry the small binders into your lungs, that is what happens to the talk when you shoot right?
It isn't just about how frequently you do it. And the complications can't really be compared to smoking. When you are injecting pills there are different risks from snorting or smoking them, think about the fact that the pill particles are going directly into your bloodstream.

I am new to this, I have always snorted nothing else. I do not have a clue on filtering? what is that

is there something on here where i can watch? Im new and have no idea of the terms about iv ing?

IV means intraveinous - it is the act of injecting a drug directly into ones vein. Pills contain harmful binders which should not be injected, hence you can use cigarette filters to filter these out making your injection safer.
Okay bamababe?
I thought she meant the various terms to do with injection drug use, not the term "IV" itself? Like filtering, micron filter, cooker, cotton, tourniquet, sterile, etc?
Filtering is when you run the drug/water solution through a filter before injecting it to remove other substances (binders, fillers, particles, "cuts", contaminants) and in some cases bacteria (only a micron filter will remove bacteria though).
I would seriously recvommend you reconsider IV drug use, it is much more dangerous and more addictive. If you want to learn about it anyway, there are tons of instructions and tips available. Here is a good place to start:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...s-I-Want-Blood?highlight=injection+megathread

Then you will need to learn the best method for preparing your specific drug for injection. It depends what you are going to be injecting.