• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA false arousal?

skulltula14

Greenlighter
Well a couple days ago i took MDMA with my 2 friends, *Josh and *Ryan. We took it and we felt great. We went to a field to lay in the grass and just to be outdoors. Well Ryan knew Josh had an attraction to me and he said "Why don't you two kiss?" Well i kissed him and Ryan was in shock, he looked very turned on actually. Ryan was staring at me and turned to Josh and said "Do you mind man?" Josh didn't care, then Ryan layed down beside me and we madeout and fore-played for a bit. While we were fooling around he said "Out of all the years i knew you... wow this is crazy :)" And he kept saying "You can be my friend with benefits for the summer! Like we have to do this again." Throughout the night before the downfall he kept coming back to makeout with me. He couldn't get an erection, but he told me he was very aroused. The next day i asked him if he remembered everything and he said he did. We are still good friends but we never talked about this since. Well my question is, was Ryan only feeling that way because he was on the drugs or was it inner feelings coming pretty strong? This is a gray area question really, but if anyone had similar experiences please share them. Thanks :)

It's different for every person. IE, some people might really feel that way and act on it while on X, while some might not really feel that way and act it on X also.

You should ask yourself if what you said/acted while with him was really real. I think however you feel is exactly the same way he feels.

MDMA seems to clarify things for some, but for others, it can give a false sense of intimacy....I know for me, it just enhances the love I hide from others. If you really like him, you need to have that uncomfortable conversation about it ;)

Yeah, he is probably just afraid of losing the friendship because I went through the same thing, about a month ago I rolled with a long time friend of mine named Casy and we hooked up and have not talked about it at all but I have strong feelings for her that I cant do anything about cause she actually has a boyfriend :S. my point is if you wanna take it to the next level your going to have to make it happen yourself

It truly depends on the person. For me, MDMA simply lowers the boundaries I normally have up and makes things such as that come more naturally. I'm just "open" and me and the other person rolling seem to just "know" what is right at the time (got to love empathogens <3 ). For other people this is something people just do on MDMA. I know my equivalent to that is I always run around making out with people on e. I wouldn't do that normally (maybe I would if I could get away with it >.>), but it doesn't stop me from being in that state of loving everyone when I'm rolling. It sounds like, in your situation, he probably does have feelings and is simply afraid of ruining a friendship =) That's just my take on it, though.

FWIW, sometimes I prefer not to roll with the opposite sex (unless it is a significant other) because it does sometimes provide a false sense of intimacy and sets unrealistic boundaries for what is OK when you are not rolling, and when you are rolling.

Quite honestly I think it was the inner feelings. The empathogen experience generally makes it easier to express certain feelings without fearing the consequences. Now that he's back down again that fear or inhibition looms larger in his mind and is simply too big for him to express the same feelings to you.

As for the false intimacy aspect, I think that we can have pretty intimate feelings about a lot of people and that the empathogen experience here again helps overcome all the other considerations we always carry around with us.

When we are straight again those other considerations (often unconscious) just take over and we speak of false intimacy, although the intimate feelings we felt when we were high were emotionally just as real.

You need to talk to him about your feelings and confusion. It is the only way to find out. For me, MDMA made me feel very strong feelings towards certain people that were actually not really there. It would make me very, very horny and feel a very strong connection to other people around me, even if I had just met them! Definitely talk to him about this.