• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Banning raves

ThizzMon$teR

Bluelighter
i was watching the news today and pretty much heard that there trying to ban raves. Anyone else heard about it?

Honestly I forgot.
But i just did a search on google and put "banning raves" and the first thing that came up was an article on it from KTLA.

Plus I only got see a glimpse of it. I think there gonna start regulating it more rather than ban it completely.

"The commission banned raves after a 15 year old girl died of a suspected overdose and dozens of others were hospitalized following the Electric Daisy Carnival in June.
"

Jesus fucking christ.

The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena could lose significant amounts of money if the public commission that oversees the venues continues a moratorium on rave concerts.

Whether raves will continue at the venues will be a question considered Friday by a joint city, county and state commission that oversees the Coliseum management, which was ordered to impose a moratorium on new contracts with rave producers after the suspected drug overdose death three weeks ago of a 15-year-old girl after she attended the Electric Daisy Carnival.

In response to a public records act request from the Los Angeles Times, the Coliseum management declined to disclose how much it was making from each rave, saying that maintaining confidentiality was critical to keeping the Coliseum competitive in seeking event bookings. It is clear, however, that raves are big business.

The size of audiences has increased dramatically in recent years. In 2009, the Electric Daisy Carnival attracted about 133,000 over two days; this year, 185,000 attended, the highest number at any such rave since the events began at the Coliseum and Sports Arena in the 1990s.

The cost to attend the Electric Daisy Carnival on June 25 was $75 while the cost on June 26 was $85; a ticket for both days was $149. It’s a “very significant piece of the annual budget,” Pat Lynch, the Coliseum’s general manager, said of such concerts.

The Coliseum and Sports Arena, which is located on state land, operates on event revenues and receives no taxpayer subsidy. Raves or electronic musical events that can last 12 hours and feature nonstop dancing are highly profitable. The Coliseum or Sports Arena has held four such events each year since 2008 – the Electric Daisy Carnival in June, the Love Festival in August, Monster Massive around Halloween and Together as One on New Year’s Eve.

Yeah I just read it. I'm glad to see there gonna let the some still go on later this year cause I still haven't gone to my first rave yet.

Sucks the girl died. They shouldn't ban raves though.

No more "All ages" though.

Letting a 15 yo in was a huge mistake for them. Her death may very well end massives in SoCal for a long time.

Yeah I just read it. I'm glad to see there gonna let the some still go on later this year cause I still haven't gone to my first rave yet.

Sucks the girl died. They shouldn't ban raves though.

Dude, from your last post, you gotta chill out on the E.

It's sad that you haven't raved yet, as everyone thinks it's the best experience (Been rolling semi- responsibly for a year now, going to first rave next weekend)
But chill out before you pop again, especially being so young. (I don't say that in a bad way, started drugs hella early. But MDxx is epic, which Is why I can understand why you and your friend were stealing to fund it, shit I'm only 18.)

No more "All ages" though.

Letting a 15 yo in was a huge mistake for them. Her death may very well end massives in SoCal for a long time.

I live in NorCal, I've yet to go to a massive, or a rave in general.

Going to Tempo next weekend, seems pretty cool.

My old school ravin mother said a while back that "it should be 18+ again, and the smart enough 16+ year olds will find a fuckin way to get in, and those are the only teenagers that should be popping ecstasy or going to shit like that"

Do you really think that would happen? It would be too hard to regulate and people will still overdose weather there are raves or not.

yeah but. "OMG 15 year old DRUNK FROM PERSONS WATER BOTTLE RAVES R BAD WE CHRISTIAN FRIENDS SAID SHE DRANK FROM R LACED SHE WENT TO RAVE TO B SOBER WHEN SNEAKING IN LOLOLOLZ"

Dude, from your last post, you gotta chill out on the E.

It's sad that you haven't raved yet, as everyone thinks it's the best experience (Been rolling semi- responsibly for a year now, going to first rave next weekend)
But chill out before you pop again, especially being so young. (I don't say that in a bad way, started drugs hella early. But MDxx is epic, which Is why I can understand why you and your friend were stealing to fund it, shit I'm only 18.)

Oh trust me I am taking a break. And just to clear things, I wasn't the one stealing to support my habit, what I meant was that I had a friend who was stealing to fund HIS habit. I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, no disrespect.

I live in NorCal, I've yet to go to a massive, or a rave in general.

Going to Tempo next weekend, seems pretty cool.

My old school ravin mother said a while back that "it should be 18+ again, and the smart enough 16+ year olds will find a fuckin way to get in, and those are the only teenagers that should be popping ecstasy or going to shit like that"

Your Mom is correct. ;)

I skipped the rave scene entirely (graduated from HS in '82) and didn't get into MDMA until a few years ago, so I wasted a lot of time on booze, grass, and speed. MOST people under 18 are not capable of handling dangerous things intelligently, but that's the period of people's lives when they really want to. I guess it's Nature's way of weeding out the really dumb folks.

Oh trust me I am taking a break. And just to clear things, I wasn't the one stealing to support my habit, what I meant was that I had a friend who was stealing to fund HIS habit. I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, no disrespect.

Oh, well you seem to be smart for your age then (I'm sure you get that a lot).
Maybe that's why you started experimenting in the first place?

Dude, lemme know if you start feeling really depressed any-time soon.

That hit on your seratonin from your binging could be pretty hardcore.

Oh, well you seem to be smart for your age then (I'm sure you get that a lot).
Maybe that's why you started experimenting in the first place?

Dude, lemme know if you start feeling really depressed any-time soon.

That hit on your seratonin from your binging could be pretty hardcore.

Thank you. When I first started using drugs it was just my younger side trying to have fun ya know and it still is about having fun. But now I wanna try to take drugs on as a more spiritual understanding type way. That's why when i get older I may start experimenting the psychedelics.

And I'm not depressed. Bored yes but Ive never really been depressed in my life.

Thank you. When I first started using drugs it was just my younger side trying to have fun ya know and it still is about having fun. But now I wanna try to take drugs on as a more spiritual understanding type way. That's why when i get older I may start experimenting the psychedelics.

And I'm not depressed. Bored yes but Ive never really been depressed in my life.

I wish I could be like that,
Binging and not getting hit hard in the emotions.

But anyways, back on topic,

There's been enough about this girl on bluelight. But banning raves?
I hope this is just socal, norcal tempo is coming up and me+my girl still want to go. (She's not quite 18 yet ;/)

I think it's rather ridiculous, if not discriminatory, to ban a "certain type of people" (ravers) from having festivals with a "certain type of music" (EDM). Drug use goes on at many events, with people of all ages...drug use goes on without music, drug use is everywhere!

My opinion is that people are going to come in with drugs regardless- the best way to eliminate harm is to HAVE TESTING SITES where you're allowed to test your pills for free without law enforcement interfering. At least this way, when a high school kid comes in intending to find someone selling "ecstasy", they have the option to test it. Certainly, it wouldn't be 100%, but I think a lot of the problem is that a lot of minors come in intending to buy drugs in the festival from whoever they meet, and a lot of @ssholes intend to sell of their pipes/other crap they've got stuck with at these events- it's the perfect place to sell pipes at a high price, and never hear from the person you sold them to again.

The problem is, the authorities think the answer is to ban raves or try to stop the drugs from coming in altogether. There seems to be no room for acceptance, and preventing harm, It's like the whole "no condoms in high school" thing- they just tell students not to have sex in the first place. LOL.

I really think that big events pull in wayyyy too much money for them to be banned, it's much more likely that there will be some public efforts to make the events "safer"- I hope that making the events 18+ is one of those decisions. I wish they would allow for free water, or lower the cost, but I doubt they will be willing to cut into their income. I'm guessing there will be even more police, security, and perhaps new age restrictions.

I don't have much of a news source, but from personal experience, it seems that they're starting to crack down on raves, at least here in the northwest.. Just a year ago, a lot of raves were "all ages/ 16+", but it seems more and more of them are 18+ nowadays. The age limitation may seem like something easy to get over, but it works pretty well, ime/imo..

Bsiren - fuck yeah, on-site test stations would be epic.. I saw that there were some in SoCal, and I really wish that they were more widely available. Run those pipes out of the market ;)

Insomniac (producer of EDC, Nocturnal, etc.) has recently decided to make all of it's events 18+. Whether or not this will help get the (somewhat ignorant) general public off their throats.... is yet to be seen. =s I'm hoping for the best though! I'm located nowhere NEAR California... but I was planning on traveling to the LA EDC next year and would hate for it to not happen; that and, any sort of anti-rave precedent could lead to other events more close to be being shut down. *sad face*