• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can you drink "too much" sports drink?

avcpl

Bluelighter
The common advice is "be sure to drink plenty of water!", but obviously too much water can be too much of a good thing and lead to death.

Is it possible to drink too much of a sports drink? (ie Gatorade, Powerade, etc.)

I'm sure too much would make to sick, but would it kill you like water would?

The main ingredient in sports drinks is water, so yes, too much and you will die.

However, isnt the salt content isotonic with the salt content of the human body? So therefore, if you have enough water in your body, the sports drink will just be excreted. Of course, your bladder could still burst and take you out like Tycho Brahe, but I don't think you'd die from over absorption. Idk, I'm sure drinking too much of anything would kill you, but I don't see powerade as a super huge danger.

However, isnt the salt content isotonic with the salt content of the human body? So therefore, if you have enough water in your body, the sports drink will just be excreted. Of course, your bladder could still burst and take you out like Tycho Brahe, but I don't think you'd die from over absorption. Idk, I'm sure drinking too much of anything would kill you, but I don't see powerade as a super huge danger.

Sports drinks still contain much more water than salt. Healthy kidneys can only excrete about a liter of liquid every hour. Also, not all sports drinks have an isotonic ratio of sugars and salt, don't count on being able to drink several liters of sports drink and thinking you're not in harm's way.

Yes, its possible to drink too much of anything. Isotonic drinks just get absorped into your system slower.

forget the name of it but the main ingredient in those energy drinks has enough for your daily intake and you shouldnt drink more than 2. but my bf has drank like 5 in a day before and only experienced drowsiness/leg tingling/numbness lol

but no nothing like that from powerade