• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Memory loss after Ex?

SWIX

Greenlighter
So i'm talking with my friend and he says his memory and his indecisieveness have worsened over the past couple months, possibly starting after he did E, however he thinks it's the constant weed smoking which to me makes a little sense but even when he takes breaks he's still kinda "slow". the reason i doubt it's the E though is cause i've done it a few more times than him and my memory is pretty good i also smoke as much weed as him. Just fishing for some answers and maybe some supplement you might suggest for him to boost his memory.

That's where the word "e-tard" comes from...
Taking ecstasy will definitely give you slight memory loss, and make you a little slow.
And if your mixing that with smoking weed all the time, wellll you're just killing brain cells like crazy. [;
I would say it's from the ecstasy, that's what happened to me after using quite a bit.
And be careful, just because you aren't feeling the same way as your friend yet doesn't mean it won't happen to you.

How long ago did he take ecstasy? It is possible that he is still slightly serotonin depleted and that is why he seems a bit "out of it". MDxx substances can definitely cause short-term memory loss with prolonged use, but if he only did it once I doubt that'd be the problem. I'd say its more likely that constant weed smoking is causing the memory loss more so than one-time MDMA use.

Yeah the key issue is how much MDMA he has been doing. If he has been using it every week for the last two months, then yeah MDMA could be the issue. MDMA can slow you down, but that's only if you abuse it. If you only do it a few times every year, the I would suggest looking into other things.

Tell him to stop using E for a while and work out.
His memory should slowly recover.

Since he's doing other drugs its very hard to say what specifically the memory loss is from. There could be a lot of other factors as well. I wouldn't be so quick to necessarily blame mdma right off the bat.

well he took E in febuary and like 4 times since so it probably couldn't be that if he has only taken so few, so it must be the weed or maybe the mix of the two

remember, even if he takes breaks from smoking or rolling the "slowness" doesn't disappear right away.