Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Slow Metabolizer?

Kitsunix

Greenlighter
Hello all,
I'm a bit new to ecstasy, and just had a couple questions that I haven't been able to find answers to.

The most vital of these is that I think I might be a "slow metabolizer." I haven't seen much information on it, but I seem to somehow trip twice as long as anyone else I am with.

I do not have a naturally slow metabolism calorie-wise, I actually have a rather fast metabolism. The people who I'm rolling with are also mostly new, so its not that they simply have a higher tolerance. However the 2 times that I've rolled so far I've taken it at 10-11pm and not even started the come-down until 2 or 3am, whereas everyone else has been all the way down for almost an hour or 2.

I am not taking a larger dose, only 1 pill, although I am a bit smaller weight-wise I didn't think it would effect it to this extent.

Generally I just want to know, does anyone know why this happens? Should I be more careful in any way? Should I be cutting my pills in half?

Pls & TY!

As a general rule consuming a tablet will take 45-60 mins to come up and will last about 4 hours with a 30 min peak or thereabouts.

So your quite normal.

You might like to take the time to edumacate yourself about mdma in the Basics sectioon of the Directory.

Sounds normal to me, like Mazdan said, whenever I use MDMA, I'd assume:

1 Hour Come-Up
30 Min - 1 Hour Peak
3 - 4 Hours of Rolling
1 Hour of Afterglow

Giving you a total of just about 5-6 hours depending on the potency of the pills or molly which you took. :)

Just to add to what other have said, calorie metabolism and such really has nothing to with MDMA and things like that. MDMA hits receptors in your head which overall have nothing to with your metabolism. While a person might be sensitive to MDMA, the whole issue will depend more on your brain chemistry. And at this point in time, even the smartest people on this issue would largely be engaging in speculation.

So just enjoy your roll and be happy. :)

Ok, thanks guys! I was just a bit confused with the differing response between myself and those i was with.

You may be thinking of enzyme deficiency which can occur with dxm. Someone who takes dxm and is enzyme deficient will trip for faaaaaarrr longer than someone who is not enzyme deficient. I cannot remember the average duration off of the top of my head.

As for the duration of your experiences, they seem very normal to me and not prolonged at all. In the right setting I can roll for 5 or 6 hours. But I need lots of different stimuli to keep me going.