• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

rolling 3 times in one month?

christhedumbbum

Greenlighter
I usually don't roll this frequently but 2 great events this month happen to fall within a week and a half of each other. i also rolled on july 4th, and these events are 7/16 and 7/27. My question is: if I were to stop rolling until new years eve after rolling 3 times in july, would this be much different, in terms of effects on the brain, than rolling 3 times over a 8 month span, taking roughly 2 month breaks in between?

Last edited:
i wouldn't roll if i were you, it's harmful no matter how long of a break you take afterward....at least hold off on rolling for the 7/16 event...you may lose the magic if you haven't already.

i wouldn't roll if i were you, it's harmful no matter how long of a break you take afterward....at least hold off on rolling for the 7/16 event...you may lose the magic if you haven't already.

does it make a difference if i postload with 5-htp for 4-5 days afterward, cause thats what i usually do and i feel myself again a week after rolling

5-htp helps for the depression for the days after by increasing the production of serotonin, but the risks with rolling so close together is that you're depleting your serotonin, your serotonin receptors are down-regulated, and the increased neurotoxicity caused by dopamine going where your serotonin is supposed to. 5-htp wont really help with this.

The 'loss of magic' seems to be handled rather paranoid sometimes I think (which I can understand and isn't bad, since this is a harm reduction forum). I know a lot of people who did lots of pills, often rather frequent (weekly basis). Some lost it, some not.

I'd say depending on your usage pattern - if you're already spacing out rolls long enough - doing it for those 2 events won't increase the chance of loosing it dramatically imho, even if this loss seems to be very individual I wouldn't say that 'doing it more than once a month will result in an immediate loss!'.

But if you're rolling and you are fine, you shouldn't take it as an invitation for a binge period.

i think you will be fine i've poopped 3 days in a row and i was good. didnt lose the magic either

Roll once give yourself a chance. Resist the temptation and value your young and beautiful body. With a bit of luck and gentle treatment it will still be working well for you in 50 years time.

Its possible that you could experience "loss of magic", but probably unlikely if you haven't abused the drug before and/or are just getting into it.

Another concern is that you may not have an optimal experience on the 16th and 27th just because your brain has not had enough time to fully recover. Recovery doesn't happen overnight. While you may feel *something* from taking mdma on those two occasions it will most likely feel like a speedy experience rather than a full on mdma experience. The reason for this is mdma works on other neurotransmitters in your brain aside from serotonin, it also works on dopamine for one example.

If you can avoid rolling on the 16th you will have a much better chance of having a great experience on the 27th. Space your rolls out as much as humanly possible.

One last little note, its actually unclear as to whether or not 5-htp actually works in replenishing serotonin. It all sounds correct in theory, but its still unknown as to whether or not it actually does anything.

If you do go ahead and, despite warnings, roll 3 weekends in a row anyway, just be prepared for the consequences. By the third roll you'll almost definitely feel the good aspects of MDMA less and speedy effects more. And the next day hangover will go from an afterglow to just feeling like poop.

In the end, you know what the healthy thing to do is, and it's your choice alone to make.

i know people who roll 3 times a week. don't lose the magic, and *apparently* aren't fucked up (they get depressed some days but doens't linger if they take a break). obviously the longer break u take the better, but 3 times a month isn't the end of the world. dont make a habit out of it, and maybe try and take a month break afterwords atleast, but i wouldnt wait all the way til new years (unless u really want to). Going into the 3rd week worrying about your brain and how fucked up ur gonna be is only going to placebo you into having a worse roll and comedown. Lately i've been rolling every other weekend of every weekend, just because its summer and i won't do it during school. I go into it thinking its harmless and come out fine, still never had a bad comedown. mind over matter

Skip the middle one, at least. Rolling on the 4th and the 27th is no big deal, just wait until September before rolling again after that. Rolling the 4th, the 16th, AND the 27th is going to have noticeable repercussions and you're likely to regret it if you pay attention to your body.

On the whole loss of magic... Sure it's personal, it depends, but 3 times in 1,5 week is really quite a lot. I think that if you Would try it, that you would be disappointed the third time.
So I vote too for "skip the middle one". (you can have fun without drugs, really!)

As everyone else has been saying you should probably roll only at one of the events, I've rolled about 6 or 7 times before in a month without loss of magic. I guess it effects everyone differently