Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Fake 6-ADPB trip report from new user

FreddyB

Greenlighter
Hi, new here, but a long time reader.
Since the Meph ban me and my wife have been looking for something legal to take to have pleasant evenings in together, since with 2 kids, we're usually pretty shattered in the evenings, and we rarely get time together, so a little something to keep us awake and having fun all night is all we're after. Mephedrone suited us perfectly, but we're not rich enough to have stocked up for a year, and we've already gotten through our stock we bought in the month leading up to the ban.

So we've started shopping around trying different things to see if we could find anything good. I noticed that some of these are a little short of trip reports, and to tell the truth trip reports are what I rely on when researching something new, so thought I'd contribute our experiences to try to help others.

Some background.
I'm 39, 17 stone and 6ft2. I had only moderate exposure to drugs before I met my wife 7 years ago, having taken what I thought was MDMA back in the early 90's (from experience now I can tell it was Speed), and smoked a couple of joints is all.
My wife is 38, around 12 stone, and 5ft8. She was a rave organiser in the 90's, so had a lot of exposure to the drug scene (although one once took coke, and never touched heroin), and recently had a problem with a speed addiction.
I rely on her for experience in drugs and what to expect, she relies on me for a stable head and to stop excess.

Like many others, we've been looking forwards to 6-APB being commonly available, and when I found a site saying they had some now, at such low prices I thought I'd take a risk and see what I got (yeah a bit stupid, but I chatted with the guy who was running the site, and he seemed to be fairly honest (or at least as honest as an online drug dealer could be expected to be)). The drug was reported to be 6-ADPB rather than 6-APB, which I took as the reason it was being sold as a powder rather than tablets (as everyone else seems to be doing).

Anyway, I received 1g, and found it to be an extremely sticky powder, which had a faint chemical smell.
Trying a dusting from the inside of the bag, and rubbing it across my gums it nubbed them and made them tingle, which seemed to be promising, however, my wife reported nothing.
I was extremely tired having had only 3 hours sleep the night before, so was keen to take something to give me some get-up so I could get some web development work done. So I put 100mg in a capsule, however this turned out to be more tricky than I could believe, as it stuck to my scales, and stuck to the knife I was using to scoop it into the capsule, so required use of a finger to push it off the knife where it was stuck in a big glob, so the amount I took was probably less.

Having read trip reports of 6-APB, and heard that 6-ADPB was very similar, I expected it to take a while to kick in, so headed to my home office (sounds fancier than it it, since the tumble drier is in it as well) to get some work done.
After 45 I noticed that the white background of notepad (which I was using to edit the webpages for the site I was working on) was pulsing with colour, it was swirling with pinks and blues, which as they increase I found distracting, as I was unable to concentrate on the text, and was spending all my time staring past the text at the amazing looking background.
About 30 minutes later I gave up all hope of getting work done, as the walls of the room were pulsing, and I was seeing little sparkles of light here and there as well. However I was also totally overtaken with exhaustion, and felt my eyes droop closed a couple of times. I moved next door into the bedroom, where I enjoyed the colours for about 20 minutes more before falling asleep.

I slept for about 2 hours, and when I woke felt very strange indeed. My vision was fuzzy, and all my joints felt like they were wrapped in foam. I went downstairs feeling very spongy, and sat for a while with my wife talking about how I was feeling. I could still see little sparkles, and had a deep down feeling of wrongness. I knew I was effected by the drug, but wasn't feeling good about it, just impared by it. Generally an unpleasant feeling, of knowing that the drug is stopping me feeling okay.

Anyway, after a further hour I decided to make myself some toast and jam, although I wasn't really hungry, I was aware all I'd eaten all day was a microwavable burger, and it was 7pm already. The act of making and eating toast seemed to clear my head, and by the time I'd finished I was totally down to normal again.

The following night, my wife followed suit in taking 100mg capsule, and didn't feel anything at all.
We then split the remaining quantity between 2 capsules and swallowed it, to see if it was merely the low dose which had little effect. My wife continued to feel nothing, but did sit up most of the night as if she'd taken a stimulant. However I was overtaken with exhaustion again after about an hour, and headed off to bed and slept all night without seeing any visuals this time, or feeling anything except tired.

Summing up. Don't know what we were sold, but it wasn't anything like other peoples reviews of either 6-ADPB or 6-APB. Would I buy again? definitely not. While still stoked about trip reports for this chem, I'm certainly going to be heck of a lot more picky about who I buy from.

Well it clearly wasn't 6-ADPB or 6-APB. Sounds a bit like AMT? I have noticed vendors selling that lately.

Hmm... not AMT. They both would have been ODing and Puking their guts out at 100mg. I've had AMT before and that's not what it sounds like. There's no sleeping on AMT :).

I can tell you that waking up after 6 apb i felt like i was still well up but in the worst kind of way - coupled with boozing as well, it was a dreadful feeling that subsided within an hour into just post-pill like lethargy. Also, Web development is the last thing i'd be capable of. I'm a nerd myself and spend alot of time in front of screens and just looking at one sent me west and had me rolling about laughing at my incompetence in front of one just trying to find the cursor.

what if the actual amt dose was lower, say 40 mg, also a lot of the sample testers reported 20 hr duration before sleeping

I had the sample only 8 hrs in an I was asleep, did wake up after 6 hrs still feeling a little trippy

Seejay
what if the actual amt dose was lower, say 40 mg, also a lot of the sample testers reported 20 hr duration before sleeping

sorry freedyb but if youd dome enough reseasrch youd know that 6-adp amnd 6-adpb are not the same.... are you trying to cover for the rubbish masquerading as 6-apd at present? are you scooby in disguise?

notwithstanding

I may be drunk but i'm not daft
i may be drugged and i'm not a giraffe
I may be you, i may be I
but I will never be as high
again

I love you

sorry freedyb but if youd dome enough reseasrch youd know that 6-adp amnd 6-adpb are not the same.... are you trying to cover for the rubbish masquerading as 6-apd at present? are you scooby in disguise?

Nope, and I wasn't saying this was, just that's what the retailer was claiming it was. They appear to be very similar chemically, and therefore I thought they may have similar effects (very few trip reports existed at the time). Basically, bought shite from a retailer, risked a small amount of cash, and got ripped off.
From other things I've said on here, you'll be able to see I paid another retailer for 6-APB, and got ripped off big time (and had an interesting night, followed by a comedown which lasted days).

No offence taken at what you said, and hope you take none at any of the bollocks I talk, but do find the witch hunt here for retailers to be amusing. Anyone who hasn't posted much is instantly taken to be talking shite, in a display of huge paranoia.

I concur, I'm actually getting a bit sick of the attitude of some of the hard-core psychonauts- it seems you can't say anything without shrieks of "shill", "vendor" etc. I wonder how many people have been put off discussing their take on 6-APB for that very reason? It's hardly harm reduction if people are afraid to post.

Hence combined with other reasons why I barely ever post. (along with the fact that we cant talk about vendors which is absoloutley absurd when we are all getting ripped offed, poisoned and the products are not illegals).

Whether it was or wasn't, you,, I or anyone here will never know. Next time, I guess, all you can really do, is do more research into the sources your procuring your RCs from.

It sounds like it could of been 5-MeO-DALT. Read the trip reports on Erowid. See if you can liken it to them.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_5MeODALT.shtml

^ I'd agree, this does sound a lot like 5-MeO-DALT to me. Don't take my word for it though, it's hard to speculate on the identity of a substance from a vague description of the experience.

Doesn't sound anything like 6-APB/6-APDB or similar substances at all though.