• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Alpha Lipic Acid? and more preloading

Soulgasm

Bluelighter
Sooo I bought this new bottle of ALA (100mg each) and plan to use it the next time i roll for its apparently awesome antioxidant properties. However, Ive heard this stuff lasts a ridiculously short time (20 min. half life?). My question is, how often will i have to redose on the ala? I was planning to maybe eat like 100mg an hour beforehand and then like another 200 during the rolling and then some after. Keep in mind this will be a pretty heavy little binge and I plan on rolling for 8 hours or so. I would just go for the timed release formula but no store near me really carries it. Also, im planning on using some magnesium to cut down on the grinding but all I have are these 250mg magnesium oxide supplements. Ive read that magnesium oxides bio availability is verrrry low. I was just wondering if these were worth taking and if anyone has tried magnesium oxide with their roll. Or should I just go spend some more money and get some chelated magnesium?

Try magnesium citrate. I have found that it helps with teeth grinding much better than magnesium oxide (as in, I've tried MgO and it didn't do a thing, but the citrate helped noticeably). Vitamin and supplement stores should have it.

I take ALA as part of my pre- and post-load. I wasn't aware of the short half-life though. Maybe I should be taking more than 100mg before and after, lol. As stated above, definitely take several antioxidants together, not just the ALA. Your ALA can't prevent neurotoxicity all on its own--antioxidants must work together to help carry free radicals away from cells. If you want to do it right, you may as well take a combination of antioxidants. If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading the Harm protection supplements thread here. It's long, but many of the replies are extremely helpful as they list the different stacks people have taken. As far as I know, there is no perfect stack (unless a scientist is holding back on their conclusive antioxidant research), so the best thing you can do for yourself is, well, lots and lots of research.

ALA has many studies showing it helps with neuropathies from diabetes and other causes. The best way of limiting possible damage from rolling is moderation, like rolling less than once a month, imo. Many nutrients might be useful but we have little research going on as far as substances that minimize E related problems. Moderation and a generally health lifestyle is about the best we can do.

After your post I tried to find time release ALA and found some, but I don't want to post commercial links or product links on BL because it is bad form. There are time release ALA product available though.