• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is MDMA/MDA stable in water?

FadingGlow

Bluelighter
I was reading in some places that if you suspend MDMA in h2o that it would degrade in just a few hours. I've been looking around and can't find a for sure answer on whether it is stable or not in water, does anyone know?

I also found a scientific paper saying this wasn't true but it only gives a very rough overview of everything and no details of the study whatsoever.
http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0379-0738(01)00562-X/abstract

That was an accurate article. MDA / MDMA are soluble in water, but do not degrade in water. They will dissolve just fine, though =)

It's LSD that tends to quickly go to hell in water solutions. MDMA is stable in water. (Reasonably stable, anyway. I would expect a fungus or something to show up and eat it if you left it in solution for months/years.)

AFAIK the only reason LSD degrades in water is because of the chlorine and other harsh chemicals in the water. I heard if you use distilled water you avoid this problem?

Thanks for the answers though. I just had a MDMA/MDA combo in some water waiting for me and was making sure it was safe. =)

AFAIK the only reason LSD degrades in water is because of the chlorine and other harsh chemicals in the water. I heard if you use distilled water you avoid this problem?

Nope. LSD is highly sensitive to heat, visible light, and UV radiation too. Care still needs be taken when storing in a solution for more than a couple of months.
I'd add ethanol to your solution, achieving like 10 percent concentration, to prevent bacterial growth. Lab-grade, non-denatured ethanol would be ideal (denatured ethanol will POISON you, possibly fatally!), but everclear or even vodka should work. Please note that I have not done this before, but I don't THINK that this concentration of alcohol would react with the MDA/MDMA.

ebola

Nope. LSD is highly sensitive to heat, visible light, and UV radiation too. Care still needs be taken when storing in a solution for more than a couple of months.
I'd add ethanol to your solution, achieving like 10 percent concentration, to prevent bacterial growth. Lab-grade, non-denatured ethanol would be ideal (denatured ethanol will POISON you, possibly fatally!), but everclear or even vodka should work. Please note that I have not done this before, but I don't THINK that this concentration of alcohol would react with the MDA/MDMA.

ebola

well when you put acid in a solution you try to make it 1 hit is one drop, so i don't think denatured alcohol would do that much hard if you were doing one drop

as for the mdma in water, id prollyl barf from the taste if i drank that

ebola

I didn't say at all that that was the only way it would degrade. I said the reason it would degrade in such a situation. You could always add other variables but that's not what I was referring to.

That might be a good idea to do though. I'm sure vodka and such is fine as I've heard of people smuggling MDMA through country dissolved in wine.

ah that would be even worse tasting, im feelign kinda sick just thinking about it,

and i used to chew my pills,

lol, a chaser wouldn't even help, that taste sticks in your mouth, i gag htinking about it