• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ptosis. Help! :(

xxmrgn

Greenlighter
K I know that it's common for people to get a "lazy eye" after rolling sometimes. I searched the threads on here, saw that it happens.
About a week ago, it happened to me for the first time. After reading other posts and seeing that it does happen to other people, i stopped stressing.
Now it's been literally almost a week, and I'm starting to freak out again!
I know now that it's not a lazy eye, nothing's wrong with my eyeball. It's called ptosis (droopy upper eyelid.) It hasn't improved at all, I actually think it might be getting worse.

Should I go to a doctor to get it checked out?? And if so, what do I tell him?
Oh yeah doc i just had some good pills that's all?
Or does anyone know anything that can help make it go back to normal?? Any insight at all?? Everyone thinks I'm stoned all the time cause my eye is halfway closed! :(

Yes, go to the doctor... tell the truth but only if you think it is nessesary for the doctor to diagnose you. If you say "doc, I got that one eye thing you just can't fix" and he says take 2 of these an call me in the morning...no other info need be exchanged. If he starts acting like it something more serious...then come clean...it could help.

I doubt MDMA caused it but I could be wrong. Some doctors are quick to blame medical conditions on illegal drugs even though there is no case for it so get more than one opinion if the guy says "yep doing the E causes permanent droopy eye"

It is both illeagal and inadmissable if a doctor tells anyone anything about your medical dealings so don't be scared to tell a doctor anything that you thing would help.

I have never heard of this before so Im rather surprised you say you read reports of others having the same problem. Its certainly very unusual to say the least.

Its definitely something you should speak to a health professional about.

Or I spose you could try propping it up with a few matches for a few days and see if it stays up. Maybe it just learned to be down and now needs to learn to be up?

Yeah, I was really surprised too! I've never had this problem before, or have known anyone else to have this problem... so it really concerned me. Then after a whole lot of research, I found out it has happened quite often, but only to people that use MDMA excessively. It also can be caused by not enough sleep. And since I've been using so much, it's really thrown off my sleeping schedule so I'm sure that's not helping either.

It probably wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't normally have such large eyes, it just makes it that much more noticeable. I guess I'll have to go to the doctor and see what's up.

Then after a whole lot of research, I found out it has happened quite often, but only to people that use MDMA excessively.

Have you got any links brother, I would like to know more about it.

best go to your doc for him to check you out. He will check out all the causes of ptosis that could be caused by other problems, and its worth checking that out.

Cheers for that. It should be noted both of those posts were by the same person.

Maybe give it a week of good food exercise and plenty of sleep and no drugs at all and see how that helps.

Other than that it might be a doctors job but you need to be straight with him.