• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Slight pain in liver area after rolling

Ringfinger

Bluelighter
I did the most idiotic thing 5 days ago and decided to take MDMA even though I had small doubts about my liver. About an hour after taking the capsule (tested as MDMA) i started feeling extremely dizzy and went to the medic at the ibiza club. I began to overheat (37.4 deg) but they poured ice on me and the overheating only lasted for less than 10 min. However immediately after that i started feeling a tiny pain in my liver.

Had it checked out and the dr said its a little bothered but its nothin serious since i am so young it should go away in a few days. Its been 5 days and nothing hs changed.

I read about how MDMA has been known to cause severe liver failure. All the doctors i showed it to tell me its not very serious but i need to stop drinking and eat light.

Im heading back to my home country tomorrow where i will have tests done, etc.

But m question is= has this happened to anybody before where it simply went away? All the reports i read about lead to severe liver failure.

I have seen alot of things about MDMA and none of them said anything about it causing liver failure. Sure it puts strain on it but I bet any problems with your liver would have happened anyway without MDMA.

I have seen alot of things about MDMA and none of them said anything about it causing liver failure. Sure it puts strain on it but I bet any problems with your liver would have happened anyway without MDMA.

I haven't read everything there is to read about mdma, but I know that in rare cases it can cause liver failure. First hit on Google: http://www.mdma.net/toxicity/liver.html

But hmm. As far as what I've read about it, it seems to me that it would indeed cause severe liver failure, and not just a slight pain. I don't know anybody who's had the same problem I'm afraid. 'Go see a doctor' isn't much of an addition I guess :S

Here's the thing. It has beeen known to cause liver failiure within days to weeks after ingestion. These people would develop yellowish eyes, vomiting, or extreme pain in the liver area. Me I only feel the slight pain. I am worried that it might soon get much worse.

They say liver damage only happens when u overheat. I overheated by about 1 degree for lesss than 10 min. There r other factors of course but I hope I end up being ok. This is no joke.

Very sorry to hear this man, all the best in a speedy recovery for you!
On a side note bro I did get your PM when I was out in Ibiza, I attempted to reply to you but it was unsuccessful due to my greenlighter status :( It's a shame as it would have been cool to meet up out there!
On topic, I have heard in other reports people becoming more aware of their liver after dropping MDMA, in some cases very slight pain, which does sound similar to your situation. In all cases this is where it ended and after a few days these people were back to normal heath.
Definitely do as you say though and have all the tests you can have done back home man for peace of mind.
All the best bro, hopefully you had an insane time out there despite this troubling episode :(

Maybe its not the liver...maybe its something else.

It is my liver..

Push: Thanks for the reply man I really hope this is the end of it. My father died 2 years ago of liver failure via cancer and now my mother only has me. If this ends up being serious it would be a tragedy beyond words.

Very sorry to hear this man, all the best in a speedy recovery for you!
On a side note bro I did get your PM when I was out in Ibiza, I attempted to reply to you but it was unsuccessful due to my greenlighter status :( It's a shame as it would have been cool to meet up out there!
On topic, I have heard in other reports people becoming more aware of their liver after dropping MDMA, in some cases very slight pain, which does sound similar to your situation. In all cases this is where it ended and after a few days these people were back to normal heath.
Definitely do as you say though and have all the tests you can have done back home man for peace of mind.
All the best bro, hopefully you had an insane time out there despite this troubling episode :(

Hey man, how much did it hurt them? How long did it last? did they have trouble eating normally?

Hey man, how much did it hurt them? How long did it last? did they have trouble eating normally?

It was very mild man. After dropping MDMA they became aware of their liver. More often than not that is where it ended from what I remember. They became aware of their liver, in some cases I believe a feeling of liver weight accompanied it. In some cases there was slight discomfort / pain with this awareness. In all cases it dissipated inside a couple of days or less, I never remember reading in any case it worsened for example.
How are you feeling at the present man? I believe in a majority of cases where MDMA has caused liver damage or failure the main symptoms of something being seriously wrong have been hours to 1-2 days following the person concerned taking MDMA.
I feel for you man and really hope you are feeling better but get as many diagnostic tests as you can performed.
I don't remember any comments on normal eating habits or if anything concerning this was even mentioned at all. In the majority of cases though these people had no outlaying medical problems prior to their taking of MDMA.

If you are having pains in that region it would be inflammation in the surrounding area, and not necessarily the liver itself.

Go to a doctor.

I've only seen accounts of liver failure in association with severe overheating. One degree doesn't count as overheating. :) (MDMA doesn't seem to be particularly toxic to the liver, although I would avoid mixing it with heavy drinking.)

You mention that you had concerns about your liver even before this night; there could be something else at work (binge drinking and some infections can wreck your liver.)