• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sustained Release Hydrocodone 15/325? help!

brittscute

Greenlighter
Hey guys. My pain management dr. just switched me to this special form of vicodin- it is a sustained or controlled release form in the strengh 15/325.
I was on norco 10/325 every 4-6 hours. I would take about 5 norcos to get a noticable high, and also for pain relief. I have a very high tolerance from years of needing strong pain meds.
I had to get this new pill filled at a compounded pharmacy. They had to make it special with a ingredient called Methocel... not sure what that is, expect they said it is what makes it sustained released.
It is a big red capsule with the powder in it. Does anyone know about how this sustained release works? The directions say to take 1 every 6 hours as needed. And regular norco is also 1-2 every 6 hours as needed...so it seems like these new ones aren't very "sustained or controlled release"
Can you break open the plastic capsule and take just the powder ( like with water )to get the full feeling of the hydrocodone? I wonder if it is just the plastic capsule that makes it "sustained release". any help, info, experiences is appreciated! I want my original feeling that i get from taking regular hydrocodone/norcos!
thanks!

I have heard of this but never seen them or used them.... I hope you get an answer though

One way that you may be able to tell how the sustained release works is by pouring some of the powder in your mouth and see if it gels together once your saliva come in contact with it. Many of the newer extended release meds gel back together, so even if you chew it, in pretty much reforms into one blob connected by the gel. Thats the only insight I have on this, as I have never heard of said pill.

CWE seems like it would be worth trying. Not saying it will, but worse case scenario you have to drink it all.

if it gels what does that mean? it kinda dissolved in water a little with bigger pieces...anyone else have insight? does taking the powder out of the capsule a good idea to avoid sustained release? i would think the plastic pill coating doesn't have much hydrocodone in it... i may be wrong...

if it gels what does that mean? it kinda dissolved in water a little with bigger pieces...anyone else have insight? does taking the powder out of the capsule a good idea to avoid sustained release? i would think the plastic pill coating doesn't have much hydrocodone in it... i may be wrong...

yes you could try that.. but if it is a true time release I doubt it will work

no there would be no drugs in the coating... that is made of gelatin normally.

eat 30mg of powder and see how it compares to 3 hydro 10s imo

I have only ever snorting oxycontin never done H, Do you think that the oxycontin would be blocked because its less powerful ?

I have only ever snorting oxycontin never done H, Do you think that the oxycontin would be blocked because its less powerful ?

first of all... make your own thread please... stealing someone elses isnt cool

secondly.. please be more specific.... H (heroin?) doesnt BLOCK anything.. but it would take less of it to get high than a weaker substance...

If it gels, than that means that the time release is kinda "built in" and cant be defeated just by removing the pill coating. You would be able to tell if you are chewing it, it would gel up and stick to your teeth. Thats what happens with xanax xr, and opana er.

somone is high right now^

too the op's question the geletan wouldnt be what has the time release in it it would be in the powder you could try a cwe but i doubt that would work and even if you are takeing them every 6 hours they pry work for 12 or even 24 what did that pharmacy say?

this sounds kind of cool. I actually like the high from hydro more than oxy... maybe if you sniffed the powder it would defeat the time release (though you probably don't want to do that cause of the APAP), people do that with the opana er I believe, as it's the only way they can usually defeat the extended release system, because it gells when it hits water. Maybe applying a tiny bit of a alchohol to the powder would help dissolve it, and then you could draw it up into a syringe, and inject the solution into a cotton ball which you could put under your tongue?? I'm really just throwing out guesses here, but keep updating on what you find.

hydro is better then oc just a little weaker also i wouldnt really recomend snorting it just take it as dirrected if it is for pain then takeing it oraly is your best route

I know this isn't a "which do you like more" thread, but I just got to say thank you to Hewo for sharing your opinion about hydrocodone. It is weaker, but I find it gives a better high.