• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA vs MDMA

jspun

Bluelighter
For those with experience of the identity of the E they were getting. Please compare and contrast the experience from MDA and MDMA. What is the "cone of silence" PIKHAL talks about in your words for MDA.

my first time experience with MDA was the same along with MDMA, i felt all the affects of MDMA. after about 5hrs of consumption i decided i wanted to smoke some weed befor i go to sleep oh and take a shower. i packed a bowl a took some bong rips. for the next 1hr30mins i stood there in my bath room staring at the mirror. music was playing but i didnt know what song was playing and whether it was a new song or not. time no longer existed, the past and the future didnt exists ONLY the present. my mind has never felt so clear. ill try my best to explain it but plz forgive me if it doesnt make sense.

standing there with the light on and door closed. i knew i was in a bathroom. i didnt know why i was in there i just knew i was there in the present moment, there was no need to move not even adjust my weight on my feet, it just felt perfect! i was there starring in the mirror, had no clue what i was looking at(this is wat i mean by blank mind, nothing registers) then slowly i started to question what was infront of me, i first realized that it was a mirror in front of me, i began to realize what a mirror is and waht it dose. a person stood infront of me with the biggest smile, he looked so happy, then it hit me it was me i began to touch my face to really see if it was me. i have no clue how long this took but it didnt matter. it felt like my IQ dropped to 1 but in a good way. i didnt feel stupid or retarded, i was just lost in the moment my mind went to another world a simple world haha

i started to come back to reality and then realized what i was doing, where i was, and who was at my house. i wanted to go to bed but i couldnt unless i took a shower and took another rip(those were the rules of my world at that time)i wasnt able to open the door unless i followed the rules. i dont recall taking a shower but i remember having my hair wet and putting on new clothes. after another smoke i began to TRIP OUT!

i went to my room and attempted to go to sleep. my friend was passed out in my bed. as i closed my eyes i started trip, first thing was i could here every single noise going on in my body esp my stomach, i thought it was really loud and would wake my friend up so i got up and sat at the edge of my bed, all of sudden i was back to how i felt when i was in the bathroom. i sat there for god knows how long with my eyes close going on a ride. after i came back i jumped on my comp to look at visuals. i hear my name being called maybe like every 2 secs. soudns like my friend but i know shes alseep but i keep hearing it and i turn around, her lips arnt moving but i still hear it, i take off my headfones and still yet i hear her voice calling my name. i also kept hearing converstaion of my friends right outside my door or in the cornor of my room. the one thing that got to me was i was kept seeing someone walk by from the cornor of my eye every so ofter, a shadowing figure(never thought it was a ghost or anything)

i finally feel like im able to sleep, still got my head fones on. same thing i hear my name is being called but shes out cold. i felt/thought she was leaning on me and rolling back on fourth on my bed but when i look shes on the other side in the same postion. lol i thought someone kept sitting at the end of my bed and slapping it every minute or so. i didnt know i fell alseep till i was woken up.

i was blown away by this exerience for the first few days, i didnt know what to make of it. as i settled my thoughts i realized how awesome that was, and ranks as one of my best experiences. i know im missing some stuff, if i remember ill add it in.

Last edited:
mda is like mdma in how u feel ,the love and all that, but its a lil longer in duration and the afterglow can be difficult like a sort of come down, were as mdma thers little to no come down the next dayyy. mda is my favorite , although its harder for me to get- reson why i lil it more is its a lot more active and visual roll and it lasts longer somthing like 8 hours, but i did a combo a few times -2 mdma wafers and a mda pill - best drug combo i think iv ever done,

ok depends on the suitation for my personal prefrence but is mda its like the feeling of bein on mdma while trippin and havin great eye jitters and being bugged out def a AMAZING experience mdma is just a good body feelin and sum eye wiggles but feel GREAT the next day the after and comedown on mda is crappy though unlike where mdma u can move fine then next day while with mda the next day u know u did drugs last night also from what i noticed people do E more when there first pills were mda then mdma from what i seen mda=GREAT!!! for rookie mdma is for the seasond vets

I have some good stuff at home.
It's just that everytime I've taken it, I never really got talkative, or hyper, more spaced out with a great bodyload and a quiet empathy. I was wondering if it might be MDA... but maybe not.
Also, being on it with for a whole night and smoking a joint triggered some small hallucinations : colored spots appeared and blinked very fast turning in circles around the center of what I was looking at.
The cool thing : I could change the colors with my mind, some were rather difficult to make appear... !

Last edited:
The trippy thing is that according to Shulgin there isn't cross-tolerance implying different mechanisms of action. When I used to work in neuropharm, in the mid 90s, one of the investigators in the lab had a study suggesting selectivity for 5-HT and less affinity for DA increased MDA<MDMA<MDME. Anyway- every time except twice what I got was not specified- just E. The one time I new for sure because I had an aquaitance make a small multi oz batch and ran it on TLC (used Shulgin's protocal allegedly and identified molecule using TLC so I was reasonably sure it was MDMA. Took in Maui with my now wife. The effects weren't as loved up and energetic. Minor visual disturbances and a feeling of intimancy and closeness, but not the feeling of getting up and dancing or talking to people I didn't know. Set and setting (by then I had an H habit)- we were at McKena beach and after we took it on the road back from Hanna and had a storm that temporarily washed out the road- begist storm in years that day. Took another cap from this batch at the beginning of our 10 day trip and felt rather anti social. Was getting bad vibes from a local at one point. Color intensification without hallucination. Again felt intimate with girlfriend and cuddly but antisocial with other people in contrast to other times I took E. This batch had brown specks so probably needed extra washing but was 125 mg a clear filled tablet.

Another time my roomates had a big party and took E. It made me feel really cold and achy. My girlfriend came in and said go out and check out your party. There seemed to be a thousand people in the space of 1/2/ hr. Really a couple hundred but we were all antisocial and scared to come out. This stuff made me really nauseated before I went off too and had mild visuals, especially eyes closed. Made me and others who took the batch want to lay around and hide in my room and be antisocial.

If what I took was what I thought it was, I would prefer MDA. It feels more psychedelic and I believe I experienced more colorful visuals. My personality leans towards psychedelics over 'feel good' drugs anyday tho, so it depends who you are I suppose :D

Which one offers supperior Euphoria and which has a more loved up character. More energy? Who do the visuals from mda compare to mdma. Which makes your soul feel more pure. Please describe the cone of silence from MDA as described in PIKHAL in your words- those who have experienced it. Thanks BLers.

mda is like mdma in how u feel ,the love and all that, but its a lil longer in duration and the afterglow can be difficult like a sort of come down, were as mdma thers little to no come down the next dayyy. mda is my favorite , although its harder for me to get- reson why i lil it more is its a lot more active and visual roll and it lasts longer somthing like 8 hours, but i did a combo a few times -2 mdma wafers and a mda pill - best drug combo i think iv ever done,

Agreed. I have yet to try mdma by itself but combined with mda was by far by best experience ever, drug related or not.