• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How often to roll

Hilights

Greenlighter
Hey guys I rolled for my first time about a week or so ago and of course had the time of my life. I was just curious what the general consensus is for spacing out rolls. I know of some people that do it every weekend and that is not on my agenda at all but I'd just like to get a general idea of a safe time to wait between rolls. Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

Everyones brain is different; so it can take from 1week to 1 year
to heal. IMO people who roll every month downregulate theyr serotonin receptors so it takes more time them to heal. I think best way is to roll 2 -3 times in a year.

You should wait at least a month before rolling.
Preferably longer.

Take it from me, don't do it multiple times a month. Especially not weekly.
You can end up with some serious problems.

first off you just made the best choice you could possibly make by asking this question just after rolling once.

being that ecstacy "mdma" is amazing it will probably be tempting to do just about every weekend if readily available so remember this. you can ruin the ability to feel amazing from taking ecstacy if you damage your brain by abusing it.

now optimaly a few times a year is perfect and will probably never effect you in a negative way. "probably"

most people try to keep it down to once a month or every other month.

a lot of people new to ecstacy use every weekend or every chance they get and that is the single biggest mistake you can make. i made that mistake and i really wish i could go back and do it the right way. now i inform as many people as i can on the smart way to roll.

also remember that you wont notice the long term negative effects until its too late most likely. at least in my case. i felt that rolling all the time wasnt hurting me, that i was an exception but when i did chill out and stop using for a few months i started noticing all kinds of nasty side effects that im sure youll read about here on bluelight soon enough.

keep researching the drugs you do, there is so muchinfo here and you can never be too educated when it comes to harm reduction.

first off you just made the best choice you could possibly make by asking this question just after rolling once.

being that ecstacy "mdma" is amazing it will probably be tempting to do just about every weekend if readily available so remember this. you can ruin the ability to feel amazing from taking ecstacy if you damage your brain by abusing it.

now optimaly a few times a year is perfect and will probably never effect you in a negative way. "probably"

most people try to keep it down to once a month or every other month.

a lot of people new to ecstacy use every weekend or every chance they get and that is the single biggest mistake you can make. i made that mistake and i really wish i could go back and do it the right way. now i inform as many people as i can on the smart way to roll.

also remember that you wont notice the long term negative effects until its too late most likely. at least in my case. i felt that rolling all the time wasnt hurting me, that i was an exception but when i did chill out and stop using for a few months i started noticing all kinds of nasty side effects that im sure youll read about here on bluelight soon enough.

keep researching the drugs you do, there is so muchinfo here and you can never be too educated when it comes to harm reduction.

Thanks for all the info man. My predicament is this: I rolled on June 7th and I'm going to a show on the 24th of June...I'd consider doing it and then just taking a really long break from it but there's another time I'd like to roll on July 25th. The smart man in me says don't roll the 24th and just roll the 25th of July but the 24th is EDC...could I roll the 24th of June and then the 25th of July and then just take a solid 4-5 month break on it and be good or should I just go with the smart idea?

Last edited:
you CAN roll two days in a row... A lot of people actually roll harder on the second because you'll still have MDMA in your system from the previous night, but some will have a much weaker roll because of the lack of serotonin; each and every person is different. However, this is unadvisable, and generally not good for your health. If you choose to do this, please take a 4-5 month break AT LEAST.

you CAN roll two days in a row... A lot of people actually roll harder on the second because you'll still have MDMA in your system from the previous night, but some will have a much weaker roll because of the lack of serotonin; each and every person is different. However, this is unadvisable, and generally not good for your health. If you choose to do this, please take a 4-5 month break AT LEAST.

No no I would never roll two days in a row. I would roll JUNE 24th and then JULY 25th.

No no I would never roll two days in a row. I would roll JUNE 24th and then JULY 25th.

If you read his post properly, I'm pretty sure that's what he was asking.
Yes, you can roll June 24'th then July 25'th.

You brain on AVERAGE needs a month to heal, by then all the major things have healed but there's still some minor damage done that could be also healed by waiting longer (2-3 months). But, rolling once a month isn't too bad but chances are you'd slip and roll a few times a month.

that event in june is a day later then you think it is btw. ;)

a month is a decent amount of time. it would be preferable to take a 2-3 month break, but you should be fine with a month. maybe take a bigger break after. also try to take supplements, eat healthy, exercise, etc. that'll help you more than you know.

My breaks vary from 2 weeks to 3 months depending mostly on the event lineup and I can say from experience that the longer breaks you take the better the roll is. However, 1 month is fine especially if you once in a while take a little longer break.

I think that if you're just rolling twice then on back-to-back weekends is fine, but it definitely loses its "magic" if you do it too often. I personally don't like ecstasy so much that I'd seek it out actively - I'll buy it when it comes across. But anyway, I'll usually roll about 3-4 times a year and that's it. I'll take psychedelics more often than E.

EDC is on the 25th and 26th of June (not the 24th, thats a thursday)
Anyways I would say go for it, but just take 1-2 pills max. at EDC. (shouldn't even be an issue since you are just starting out)
You should be find since that is almost 3 weeks since you last rolled.
Just make sure to sleep lots/ take care of yourself between June 7th and EDC and you should be fine.
And then rolling on July 25th shouldn't be a problem either.
The thing with MDMA is, 1 session of some large amount like 800mg used is much more harmful then 7 sessions of 200mg used, each spaced out a month.
Just as long as you don't take too much there isn't really any threat of neurotoxicity. (1-2pills max should be it since you are just beggining)

The real problems start when people lose control and roll with like 12 pills every weekend for a year.
If you space out your rolls around a month (anywhere from 3-5 week range is fine) and don't overdo it with the pills (don't take too many), you should completely fine.

4-6 weeks is a good standard space between rolls but 3 weeks isn't that bad if you only do it once a year or so.

Just keep your doses low to moderate and you'll be fine to roll June 24th and July 25. Then don't roll until September at least.

Thanks for all the info man. My predicament is this: I rolled on June 7th and I'm going to a show on the 24th of June...I'd consider doing it and then just taking a really long break from it but there's another time I'd like to roll on July 25th. The smart man in me says don't roll the 24th and just roll the 25th of July but the 24th is EDC...could I roll the 24th of June and then the 25th of July and then just take a solid 4-5 month break on it and be good or should I just go with the smart idea?

personally i wouldnt compramise an event that i was so looking forward to going to such as edc just because i had rolled one month prior. like you said just make sure you take a nice break after the july 25th event. also try not to roll on random weekends if you like rolling at events because there is at least one great event a month to attend year round in socal. =D

how old are you by the way? just curious since your going to that event in june.

personally i wouldnt compramise an event that i was so looking forward to going to such as edc just because i had rolled one month prior. like you said just make sure you take a nice break after the july 25th event. also try not to roll on random weekends if you like rolling at events because there is at least one great event a month to attend year round in socal. =D

how old are you by the way? just curious since your going to that event in june.

Thanks for all the good info guys. And I'm 22 for socal.

Yeah, try not to do it weekly, the first time I tried ecstasy it was amazing so i decided to do it the next 2 weekends and the monday after my third weekend I was studdering(sp?) while i was reading in front of my class. I wait at least a month and a half before I roll now, it makes it more enjoyable and gives you something to look forward to. :)

Try to wait at least a month.
I usually wait three to four months. Except once a year in the summer when we wait for two weeks.