• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

substitute for 5-HTP? *PLEASE HELP*

ShAYZoN

Bluelighter
I did something beyond stupid last night mixing Adderall XRs with 3 bombs... Needless to say I'm super depressed I feel off... I can't sleep what is there that I can take other then 5-HTP that is household to help regualte my sertonin??

Eat turkey. It is a natural source of tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin. A turkey sandwich or some roasted turkey breast should do the trick.

I second the turkey. Eat lots and lots of it. Eat some strawberry flavored applesauce too. It does jack shit for your brain but it tastes good when you can't eat anything the day after a roll.

This wasn't a normal roll this was ugh... Hardest roll ever because I took 60mg adderall NEVER again :(

^^
If you are annoyed by questions that can be answered by a search then please refrain from posting a response at all.

ED welcomes all questions, and by the nature of the forum, discussion limited to a small number of substances, its inevitable that topics are going to come up again and again.

To the OP: I hope, and think you do, take this as a lesson learned. Unfortunately there is little you can do to rush the healing process except wait it out. Its unclear whether even 5-htp for example even increases serotonin. Its just a theory, albeit a logical one.

Just do what you can to live a healthy life and get plenty of rest.

Best of luck to you!

Sounds like your wired as fuck man...

just go for a run around the block a few times...or walk.

try to burn off some energy so you can sleep.

You're also experiencing the stim crash more than anything. Like Waffle_Kid said, after a stim binge you feel extremely crappy. So you may not need to postload anymore than you usually would.
Why can't you use 5htp?

Well I don't have any 5-HTP at the moment. I didn't binge on adderall I just combined them I tucked up but I have never done such a stupid thing in my life and i'lll never do it again.

If in doubt - take nowt.

The body has an amazing ability of fixing itself if you give it time - I know that you can feel really sketchy at the end of many a high but (as we all know) if we just chill out and get some sleep - rest - normal food n drink into our bodies they will recover.

A good nights sleep, a normal meal and plenty of fluids can make you feel so much better than popping some *insert suppliments name here*.

I can't vouch for this, but my friend believes that Aleve has similar effects on serotonin. Other than than, a multivitamin/mineral and a wholesome meal containing antioxidants will be your best bet. Amphetamine and MDMA taken together increase your chance of health problems possibly 3 times that of taking MDMA alone. I will never do that again. Plenty of people have overdosed doing that.

I was very close to OD I was overheating and what not fucking scary shit dude.

a little amphetamine with your MDMA is one thing.. 60mg, though.. fuck dude =\ I would have done 30mg tops -- maybe less.

Wiki is your friend, turkey contains less tryptophan then most common foods. The myth that turkey makes you sleepy is from over-eating.

Wiki is your friend, turkey contains less tryptophan then most common foods. The myth that turkey makes you sleepy is from over-eating.
I looked this up out of curiosity. According to en.wikipdia.org/wiki/Tryptophan, turkey has the same levels as all poultry, which is considered a good source of tryptophan. Other websites show that chicken has slightly higher levels. But you can get it from a lot of other foods, as well, if you don't want to get it from meat.

The first result from googling "souces of tryptophan" got me this website. It says that having enough carbs helps your body use the tyrptophan you eat, and then briefly lists some other sources besides poultry.

Amphetamine targets primarily dopamine..and dopamine rebuilds very fast, few days. Just think about comedown more seriously next time you take drugs ;)