Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Re-experiencing MDMA through Post-Hypnotic Suggestion

AylaV

Bluelighter
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17165370

This research explored whether hypnotic suggestion could produce a subjective mindbody condition similar to that produced by the psychoactive drug methylenedioxy methamphetamine (MDMA, Ecstasy). Twelve participants received posthypnotic instructions to re-experience an MDMA-like state posthypnotically, similar to one in their prior experience, for one hour. Three separate self report measures and qualitative self reports showed that the posthypnotic condition effectively mimicked an MDMA-like experience, lasting an hour at a stable level. Participant ratings in real time and in retrospect ranged from 36% to 100% similarity to a drug-induced experience. The qualitative reports and rating scales enabled a phenomenological description of the subjective experience. Scores on the Tellegen Absorption Scale correlated significantly with the strength of the posthypnotic condition (Spearman rho .87, p = .0003). The participants successfully carried out various intentional activities during this time (e.g., self reflection, talking with partners about relationships, artwork, walking in nature). Applications for this technique as an adjunct to therapy and health treatments are discussed.

Even 36% the level of the real deal as the lower outlier seem interesting enough to actually look into it as a possibly cheap alternative to rolling -- maybe even a way to deal with not rolling for the extended periods necessary to avoid rapid loss of magic. I'm personally not a huge proponent of hypnosis, but I was searching online and came across this and felt it might be interesting to bring up. Thoughts?

Interesting idea. I am not too familiar with hypnosis or post-hypnotic suggestions, however I do believe it's possible to re-experience an MDMA like state. Personally, I have been able to achieve such a state through meditation, music and a little bit of marijuana.

I've heard that meditation is almost identical, just no one has been able to explain to me how it even works >.< I have a lot of book smarts but, as an atheist, my spiritual acumen is lacking.