• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

School and Show MDMA education

Rifkala

Bluelighter
I would like to become involved, somehow, with providing individuals with more truthful, helpful information about drugs.

I was wondering if there are any US programs out there geared towards providing a more balanced education to high school students.

Also, does anyone knew of any programs that work the circuit in the NJ/NYC area? I'm very into the jam scene there, and would love to somehow organize testing locations at events... there are so many young kids who come out to roll face, knowing nothing about the pill in hand or the drug they think they're taking...

I would contact DanceSafe in regards to setting up testing stations at events- I'm unaware of programs that actually spread unbiased factual infomation on drugs, unfortunately. Schools seem to be so afraid of minors trying drugs, that all the information out there seems to be geared towards fear and discouragement, and therefore the information on drugs tends to be only the worse case scenario stuff, and sometimes, outright lies =( I tend to reffer people to erowid (website), as erowid is very straight forward without placing judgement on the user, and also INCREDIBLY detailed in their information. Good for you for going out there and seeking correct information on drugs for youth- knowledge IS power!

I don't think a test station for an illegal drug will fly with club organizers and promoters

I'd say dancesafe is your best bet. Don't know much about their NY/NJ chapter though, if there even is one.

I don't think a test station for an illegal drug will fly with club organizers and promoters

I've heard of test stations being set up at certain events. In that one documentary about the Father and his kids rolling they have test stations that they check their pills at. I believe that was filmed in northern Cali. So it's not totally implausible. If they had one of those groups in Seattle I would be very very interested in joining up with them! But I've never seen them at events here so... *shrug*

If you're interested in taking education into your own hands why don't you print out some simple flyers or business card type things with info and resources and things and hand them out at local raves. I've been thinking about doing that and will definitely share what I come up with if I get around to doing it!

I would think that it is going to be incredibly difficult to get the proper approval to be able to set up a testing station. You are afterall, going to be handling illicit and illegal substances. Those who said contact dancesafe.org, I'm in full agreement. They also may have other ways for you to help the cause.

As far as spreading the word in schools, I highly doubt that you will be able to get permission to do that. Time and energy is focused on prohibition rather than harm reduction. Its a sad reality and maybe some kids lives could be saved, but that's our government for you.

Another thing you can do (and this is in the future) but ED is currently running a business card competition. Once we have finished voting there is going to be a business card available to be handed out at events/parties. Stay tuned for that info though. :)