• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mushrooms.

FiReMiLd

Greenlighter
I had taken shrooms on the 24th if I were to take 1 tab of E on the 26th would I not feel it as much because of the shrooms? Will I roll just as hard as if I never took the shrooms? Thanks guys.

Mushrooms effect a completley different part of your brain. You will roll just as hard.. Just as long as there good amount of MDxx!!

Happy Rollling :) -Shayzon

I'm pretty sure that some extra serotonin would be released, but not a significant amount to affect the trip.

Uh. Mushrooms work almost SOLELY on serotonin (to exert their psychoactive effect). MDMA, on the other hand, has a very complex pharmacology that requires release of serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, oxytocin, etc.

All psychedelic drugs including the psilocin and psilocybin in mushrooms are 5-HT2a agonists. 5-HT is short for serotonin, and the 2a is a specific subtype of serotonin receptor. Most 5-HT2a agonist psychedelics produce a tolerance effect that makes it almost impossible to 'trip' again without doubling or tripling the dose. This tolerance effect wears off over the course of 3-7 days.

MDMA on the other hand, has very little 5-HT2a agonist effect. Some of the visuals and cognitive enhancement that MDMA produces would be blunted by 5-HT2a agonist tolerance.

So the real answer to your question is, if you normally get and enjoy visuals on MDMA, you will probably not get much if any visuals if you ate shrooms two days before MDMA.

Most of MDMA's effects are from the release and reuptake inhibition of 5-HT, dopamine, and norepinephrine... just like amphetamine. If you had taken meth or amphetamine two days before, maybe MDMA's effect would be blunted from a cross tolerance...

Oh wow I fail as soon as I posted that I was like wow fail mushies are all about sertonin Fail on my part sorry

This board needs a pop up message before you post your thread saying "Did you use the search engine?" and another one "...are you sure?"

This board needs a pop up message before you post your thread saying "Did you use the search engine?" and another one "...are you sure?"

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124579

Wouldn't that violate the 12th rule, though? I've been told the search engine here is a bit cumbersome to utilise, although they way I've found around this is to go to google and type "site:bluelight.ru what you're searching for". Either way, I think Coolio's response was a better explanation than anything I've seen in any other thread on the matter.

We dont mind the repetitive questions here in ED.

I far prefer someone to ask and then to learn the answer and also how to use our Directory than to tell people to UTFSE.

We deal with a very large percentage of Bluelights newcomers and we want them to feel welcomed.

Sure it gets tiresome for us old hands from time to time but then you realise that another person in the world is going away better educated and hopefully less likely to cause themselves damage.

Uh. Mushrooms work almost SOLELY on serotonin (to exert their psychoactive effect). MDMA, on the other hand, has a very complex pharmacology that requires release of serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, oxytocin, etc.

All psychedelic drugs including the psilocin and psilocybin in mushrooms are 5-HT2a agonists. 5-HT is short for serotonin, and the 2a is a specific subtype of serotonin receptor. Most 5-HT2a agonist psychedelics produce a tolerance effect that makes it almost impossible to 'trip' again without doubling or tripling the dose. This tolerance effect wears off over the course of 3-7 days.

MDMA on the other hand, has very little 5-HT2a agonist effect. Some of the visuals and cognitive enhancement that MDMA produces would be blunted by 5-HT2a agonist tolerance.

So the real answer to your question is, if you normally get and enjoy visuals on MDMA, you will probably not get much if any visuals if you ate shrooms two days before MDMA.

Most of MDMA's effects are from the release and reuptake inhibition of 5-HT, dopamine, and norepinephrine... just like amphetamine. If you had taken meth or amphetamine two days before, maybe MDMA's effect would be blunted from a cross tolerance...

so if you ate a small amount of mushrooms with your mdma you could enhance the mdma visuals and have a emphatic/loved up roll, without a full on psychedelic hippy trip?

I've had favorable experiences using shrooms and mdma together. We called it a "hippy-flip." I remember the MDMA kind of smoothed out the trip and made me less nervous. Who knows what was doing what in terms of effects.

I say eat a small dose of mushrooms. Like 2 grams and then take a one "good" pill. That way the visuals aren't too overwhelming and you get the euphoric effects of both compounds.

Thanks for all the reply guys. All went very well lol, I rolled pretty hard. Yea I did use the search found bits of info here and there, but I wanted to get more clear and bring it back to the front. None of them have a reply like Coolio so noooow when someone uses the search bam theres more direct answer.