• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Urine Thread

shubs

Bluelighter
should you resolve it by drinking water or will it get worse? Any other ways to help?

DRINK DRINK DRINK water...

i abuse opiates heavily, and have NEVER experienced this problem, because i stay well hydrated with plenty of water.

I also, during my years of abuse, never encountered urinary retention, though I drank many beers on any given daily binge (which isn't recommended, but also helped any problems with bowel movements)...

swybs

I drink a lot of water and still sufer from minor urinary retention. Meaning that if I only have to piss a little bit and I am heavily medicated I am going to have a rough time. I find that sitting down on the toliet helps alot.

"DRINK DRINK DRINK water..."

This is a horrible idea! What the hell are you talking about? Are you intentionally trying to get this guy hurt?

When you opiate, do not drink alot of fluids. We all get thirsty and we all drink a bit, but what I mean is do not guzzle down bottles of water. If you feel the need to piss, do not try to solve the problem by drinking more water. This can easily land you a trip to the hospital and more than one horror story has been posted on this site from people who tried to self medicate urinary retention by drinking so much water they thought they would burst it out. It will not. You will just need to piss many times worse and you can get very sick.

All you can do is just wait until you can piss. I suppose check every half hour or so? It's such a bitch if you forget to piss beforehand....

8) This and constipation is a comon problem among opioid users.
Moving to Health Q&A, mods please move back if necessary.

Bloody pee

Going to get it checked out tomorrow if it still persists regardless but figured I'd ask to see if anyone could give me information on what it could be.

I'm a 23 year old dude, pretty heavy drinker and weed smoker.. also am an occasional IV heroin, crack and ecstasy user nowadays, not sure if this would be pertant to whats happening but figured I'd add just in case.

Anyway today I started peeing blood and its not cloudy pee so much as when I'm finished normal peeing straight red blood comes out not a whole lot but a little more then a few drops. Theres not much pain just alittle irritation while I pee.

Anyway any insight would be greatly appreciated, this is just freaking me out a little.

Usually bloody urine is associated with kidney or UT infection.

Since you can see the blood with your eyes (no need for microscope) I found this info:

With gross hematuria, it is important to note the relationship of the bleeding to the urinary stream. If at the beginning of urination (initial hematuria), the source of the blood is almost always in the urinary canal (urethra). If at the end of urination (terminal hematuria), the source is usually the prostate gland in men or the bladder neck in men and women. Bleeding throughout the entire stream (total hematuria) is due to bleeding that is initiated in the urinary bladder or upper urinary tract (kidneys and/or ureters). Some of the common causes of hematuria include infection, tumors, stones, and trauma (injury). In order to look for the cause, it is generally necessary to consult a urologist.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Urology-Male-issues-989/blood-brown-stuff-pee.htm

So, yeah, go to a doctor.

Not to sound like a pessimist, but any time someone bleeds blood, it could be a really bad sign.

BUT, your a young guy, coupled with your drug use, this very well might just be an infection, as the previous poster mentioned.

I'm pulling for you. When is the appointment, and keep us posted. Peace.

does your side hurt more than anything in the world and theres no making it feel better?
then you have kidney stones. worst experience ever, i've had them twice.

^ nah, he said there wasn't any pain.

Just so the OP knows, pain is often associated with infections, but I have had routine check ups where they test my urine and it comes back as having a UTI even though I had no symptoms, so it is possible that it is nothing more than that.

Not to mention, some of the drugs you use have painkilling properties so you could be missing it.

^ Whats the best thing to do to avoid a kidney stone, besides drinking water?

I know when I had mine they told me to watch my salt intake.

A lot of times though, there is just a genetic predisposition and not much that can be done to prevent them.

i'll bank on an infection if there's irritation instead of pain but you dont wanna fuck around for sure get a doc to peep it.

Portillo said:
^ Whats the best thing to do to avoid a kidney stone, besides drinking water?

keep your coffee intake under 2 cups a day, drink apple juice every so often and/or if you're really concerned, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water once or twice a week.

Had this a million times, it is a UTI that sounds like it has spread to your kidneys.
Doctor ASAP - you'll be fine a few days after anti-biotics.

Yea you guys were right it was just an infection, thanks for all the information they gave me some pills and said it would be fine.

I've had blood in urine for years, had almost every test possible done, including CT scan. Nothing is wrong. They said maybe a capillary breaks every once in a while , or small infection that irritates the system and causes blood.

Just to put you at ease not every time someone pees blood is a bad sign. Most of the time its nothing. At your age a tumor or something serious is extremely unlikely. Almost 0% chance. At least thats what the doc told me.

We can't tell you what it is over the net. Go get it checked out to ease your mind.