• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Do you think I have pink eye??

ThaiDie4

Bluelighter
A few hours ago my left eye randomly started to get really red. But it doesn't hurt at all- like the feeling you get when something is stuck in your eye or when you scratch it- which is odd . My eye just feels kinda swollen, and goo keeps coming out of the sides (gross, I know). I've taken out my contact lense and washed it and stuff, but nothing is really helping.

So, fellow healthy livers, what do you think? I really don't wanna go to the doctor if I don't have to because frankly I'd rather spend the $$ on other things... but I don't want my eye to get all fucked up or to spread whatever is wrong with it to other people. Thanks for any input.

Here's my eye.

image2010050800042.jpg

Sounds like pink eye to me. Yep, seen and had enough of it growing up with 6 brothers and sisters. Nice pic, btw!

You are going to need antibiotic eye ointment. You need a doctors appt.- no choice in that.

Boric acid can be used as an eyewash to clean out the scum- as will a warm compress.

Its also VERY VERY contagious- dont re-use towels or touch anything w/o washing your hands.

If possible, wear glasses until the infection is gone.

Also - be careful with eye antibiotics. If you start taking one and it doesn't seem to help or it seems to make things worse, go back to doc asap. If you're allergic to an eye antibiotic (apparently gels that you put into eyes are particularly a common allergen), the symptoms of rubbing an allergen into your eye can, unfortunately, seem to be the same as the symptoms of the infection you're trying to cure. Learned this the hard way a few months ago. Had a nasty infection in both eyes, got some antibiotic, kept putting it in for a week while it seemed like the infection was just getting worse, until finally my left eye reacted so badly that the white part of my eyeball began to fill with pus and swell out (yes as in my eyeBALL was swelling, not surrounding skin/tissue). Freaked me right the hell out so I called a 24-hr emergency line and they said I was having a severe allergic reaction.

A shitty couple weeks haha. My eyes still aren't better. Apparently I'm also just allergic to something in Scotland that fucks with my eyes and neck.

Eye problems suck. I can't wait to go back to the US :|

Haha sorry for the only tangentially relevant rant - hope your eye clears up soon!

Throw out your contacts...you will reinfect yourself if it is pink eye.

If it is viral it will run its course without antibiotic/steroidal medications that reduce redness and clean up the discharge.

If this persists or worsens after 3 days then as an eye care professional I strongly urge you to see an optometrist or ophthalmologist to ensure it is not something worse which could damage your eye.

I read that if you put some lemon juice in your eye it will force out the infection and it will force the tear duct to clean itself thus forcing puss out of your eye.......Im completely serious

Sounds like pink eye to me. Yep, seen and had enough of it growing up with 6 brothers and sisters. Nice pic, btw!

You are going to need antibiotic eye ointment. You need a doctors appt.- no choice in that.

Boric acid can be used as an eyewash to clean out the scum- as will a warm compress.

Its also VERY VERY contagious- dont re-use towels or touch anything w/o washing your hands.

hey bud where you been hiding?

^^don't listen to him

I swear to god!
http://www.susangaer.com/studentprojects/pink.htm

Saturday, September 6, 2008 7:16 PM
Name: Micheal
"[email protected]" Add sender to Contacts
Country_of_Remedy: USA
Ingredients: Lemon Juice
Instructions: Put a drop or two of lemon juice in the palm of your hand. Dip a clean forefinger in the lemon juice and apply to the outside of the white of the infected eye. It will sting yes for about 5 minutes, but it will force the infected tear duct to clean itself out. I once watched the pus ooze out of the infected duct. Not too pleasant to watch, but very effective. Of course another remedy is to watch your favorite tear jerker. Pink eye is caused by not crying. Have a big cry-fest with some super sad movie. It works! It helps also to investigatewhy you aren\'t crying. Why are you so unfeeling?

hey hey hey wait are Michiganders hillbillies or rednecks? and what of Virginians

? Maybe when you smoked it only went in your left lung, and so only your left eye is stoned.

If it is viral it will run its course without antibiotic/steroidal medications that reduce redness and clean up the discharge.

Yup, I think it must have been viral... it's all cleared up now! thanks <3

hey hey hey wait are Michiganders hillbillies or rednecks? and what of Virginians

Virginians are the shit %)

? Maybe when you smoked it only went in your left lung, and so only your left eye is stoned.

hahahaha!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your input\advice! It's all good now =D

haha what a coincidence, I'm just recovering from a bad flu and throat infection and got the same red-eye symptoms last weekend. I was really embarassed & self conscious and practically hid from my flatmates...

Anyway I got some eye drops with sulfacetamide which really helped clear my eyes up over a couple of days.

Hope you're feeling better thaidie! :)