• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Un-Bleached papers

rincewindrocks

Bluelighter
Is there really any health advantage to smoking unbleached papers? Or is it just a way for a company to spend less and then charge more? It seems to me like a)smoking paper is bad enough, so there wouldn't be that much difference, and b) wouldn't the bleach evaporate off in the drying process?

But I don't know, so I'm asking you, BL.

It's definitely not a big deal either way. Companies like RAW make them because there's demand for them (rastas, all-natural folk, whatever); the possibility of a lower overhead is a great bonus though :)

Health-wise the difference seems negligible

I dont think that there are supposed to be health benifits from using unbleached papers, because as you pointed out, there is no bleach in the finished product. I think the benifit is in that bleach costs a lot to produce CO2-wise and is expensive to dispose of in an environmentally friendly way. Unbleached papers are more environmentally friendly.

When I was into smoking joints I would either use rice papers or very thin papers.

If you're worried about your lungs get a vaporizer. :)

hey there fellow joint appreciating fellow! there is nothing like a nice well rolled joint of some heady herb.

anyhow id figure if anything the non bleached papers might be worse for your health. however the environmental sustainability thing is very real and a good thing to consider regardless of your feelings towards or being a environmentalist/hippy/stereotype as it doing the right thing and being mindful is an entirely different topic.

anyhow if ur interested in the amount of crap ur puttin in ur lungs set a paper vertically on a table and light the top, observe the amount of smell, smoke, and ash, as well as the color of the ash, white being the ideal.

i recommend rizla silvers, club papers, and elements:)

personally I doubt that there is any real health benefit to smoking un-bleached papers vs bleached ones.

Over here you smoke weed with rice paper and tobacco with bleached papers.. Switching this around will make the product taste off. You should do whatever floats your boat but over here most folks are pretty conservative on how you're supposed to smoke. I think ranuky made some valid points.