• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Poop question and back from the brink...

The Mayor

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I've been remiss in posting/visiting bluelight- it can be a trigger. In the past 5 months I have moved away from temptation and started a new life in a new city. Two months into my move, my stash of DHC had run out- as I knew it would- and I went CT. I have been completely clean for a few months now.

I am expecting my poop to return to normal, but it hasn't. Even after a few months it ranges in consistency from mud to shredded wheat. Every fart is a gamble. I sometimes take Immodium, but I don't want to have to rely on that. Any experience in this area? I have been a daily user of opiates for nearly 10 years. I have no real desire to return to using... just want normal movements!

Thoughts?

Hi Mayor, welcome back to Bluelight. Great to hear you're doing well and congratulations on being clean! :) <3

I'm actually going to move this to Healthy Living because I think you'll get more help in there.

One question though: how's your diet??

Pretty normal diet... three squares a day, I try to avoid fast food and I eat a lot of vegetables, fish and chicken.

Thanks for the help and encouragement.

Sounds like you're eating well. What about fibre? Are you getting much fiber in your diet? Perhaps you could increase your intake with the help of a supplement like Metamucil.

Or, perhaps it might be time to see your doctor about this? How long has it been going on for, the entire 5 months you've been clean?

Yeah, pretty much happening for my entire time of being clean. I was thinking that this was the biological cost of taking so many constipation-inducing opiates. Sort of a 'reversal of fortune' whereby my body just can't be regular without opies...

Thanks for the advice. I eat plenty of fibre, so maybe it's time to see the doc. It will be weird going in without seeking pain meds tho...