• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do some people not feel "loved up"?

its.euphoric

Bluelighter
I went to a rave with a friend that I hadn't seen for a long time... he said he had rolled before, but I didn't know how he'd react to the pill.

Well he dosed and after a while at the rave dancing and stuff I thought he'd be like wow I feel good! Or at least seem more happy, or be hugging people and telling everyone he loved them. but.. uhh no, he just seemed the same really. It was weird, no hugs or saying I love yoU!

For me.. just from alcohol I get very loving, I start telling everyone I love them and keep giving people hugs, I also start wanting to cry because I feel so in love with others, because it's all so beautiful to me.

Idk I was just so surprised that he didn't even act different. I asked him if he felt good and he said he felt bomb and his eyes were dilated so I knew he was rolling... Do some people just not get the loving effects from it? Or did he just not want to look stupid for being all happy and open?

It happens. I only felt really loved up maybe two or three times out of using MDMA regularly for the past 7 or 8 years; even with lots of times when I had quality MDMA.

For me, MDMA was never the drug that gave me euphoria or feelings of being totally loved up.....for me that drug was magic mushrooms and the intense euphoria and love came from seeing a different reality.

I have no idea if it's the actual reason, but I always was a very naturally affectionate and "lovey-dovey" person; maybe some people naturally feel what MDMA allows a lot of other people to feel.

It happens. I only felt really loved up maybe two or three times out of using MDMA regularly for the past 7 or 8 years; even with lots of times when I had quality MDMA.

For me, MDMA was never the drug that gave me euphoria or feelings of being totally loved up.....for me that drug was magic mushrooms.

I have no idea if it's the actual reason, but I always was a very naturally affectionate and "lovey-dovey" person; maybe I naturally feel what MDMA allows a lot of other people to feel.

hmm that's really interesting!

The first time I rolled, the entire experience was just so awesome and new I kinda withdrew to just revel in it. So he may have just been feeling it out like I was.

The first time I rolled, the entire experience was just so awesome and new I kinda withdrew to just revel in it. So he may have just been feeling it out like I was.

i know what you mean.. but I don't think that was him. He was still talking, but he just acted normal.
Because I saw many people like that at the rave. That sit there motionless with their eyes wide open, not saying a word just sucking on their pacifiers. it's kinda creepy, but it's kinda cool knowing you're with someone who's feeling amazing.

Everyone is different I guess. Last rave I was at I had a rabbit fur hat on and most people were dying to pet it. Except this one guy who straight up told me "I don't like soft things when I'm rolling."

Weird... but everyone is different!

He could've been "riding over the high". I've seen people do it in places or situations where they aren't comfortable, or people who fear letting go.

Waste of drugs IMO, but so is getting wasted and having to "act normal" for whatever reason.

I have always felt it, sometimes its stronger than other times. I like everything about it, hugging your friends, telling them how much you love them and showing them love in anyway. I love spending it with that right person, someone you feel connected to as if your souls were are as one. Like its the most perfect moment on the most perfect day =)

perhaps it was a low dose for him. I know when I take a low dose(intentionaly) I feel amazing but not really loved up. many times when I take a normal dose I still won't feel overly loving, just majorly empathetic.

A girlfriend of mine never gets loved up on it or wants to be touched 8o. I can only hope that when she is behind closed doors with her hubby at the end of the roll that she has some love experience from it.

Tolerance affects how you'll feel from it - for me personally, I noticed after I got serotonin syndrome, I don't get the loved up effects. I feel 'fucked' in exactly the same way, it's just not a positive feeling; hard to explain.

pills were probably cut with meth or.. ?

when i'm on meth pills i just get really chill and don't get the loved up feelings at all. I get less talkative and really chill.. but i still roll

I've witnessed that before, I've put my hands on friends backs and went to massage them or sratch lightly (while they're rolling) and they're not really interested in it or even tell me to pass them up.

The main ingredient in any drug you take is you. Some people get really introverted and just enjoy their own mind on drugs (usually not mdma, but....)

ABCD...If anything I would think the pressense of meth would make someone more outgoing?

Maybe he is one of those people who try to act like they aren't affected by the drug because there "too cool" or whatever. But then again maybe he was just enjoying the euphoria and didn't feel the need to talk to people.

Not everyone gets "loved up" from mdma. I can't imagine not getting that, though, as that's the part I appreciate the most. For me, that feeling is the "magic" and not having it anymore is "loss of magic" =) Maybe some people don't have the magic to begin with? I know my gf only got the "loved up" feeling the first time she did it.

The "loved-up" feeling from MDMA comes not from its serotonergic or dopaminergic effects, but from its interaction with the vasopressin system. Individual vasopressin sensitivity can vary, so some people will feel it more than others. Also set and setting can play a major part, so there is a lot of possible variance.

I never get "loved up" I may get chatty, but thats about it. Even with quality Molly. I certainly dont start going and hugging people, that always seemed weird to me. I also hate getting light shows, dancing, or....well, just about anything you're "supposed" to like. Thats probably why I dont do it that often.

The "loved-up" feeling from MDMA comes not from its serotonergic or dopaminergic effects, but from its interaction with the vasopressin system. Individual vasopressin sensitivity can vary, so some people will feel it more than others. Also set and setting can play a major part, so there is a lot of possible variance.

I heard oxytocin, not vasopressin -- although I've heard the two are interrelated. What's the final word on that? >_O

I heard oxytocin, not vasopressin -- although I've heard the two are interrelated. What's the final word on that? >_O

MDMA causes *both* to be released. They both seem to have some effects on empathy, trust, happiness and bonding. Since research is still ongoing, no one can really tell you the full answer.