• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Clean Up Time

Obelus

Bluelighter
I feel like it’s time for another semi-annual me-clean-out. =D

For starters, I’ve been vegetarian (Pescetarian if you like to be picky) for about a year now. I like to think that my lifestyle is decently healthy; I walk around 3 miles daily, go running a few times a week, do yoga regularly and am a generally fidgety and active individual.

I haven’t really done much intensive cleansing since January, and I think I’ve acquired a bit of toxic build up. In the upcoming weeks; the change of weather, residence, and mind-state seem like a perfect opportunity to switch gears for a while. I’ll also be living at home soon, so I can freshly prepare my own food (on campus meal plans leave much to be desired). 8)

Now onto the questions!

I think I’ll start with a fast for a number of reasons. I’ve done brief ones before, and have read lots of varying reports about technicalities, if anyone could offer me the voice of experience, how long would an ‘ideal’ fast be? I heard you need to go at least three days because that’s the amount of time it takes for your body to switch from digest to detox mode, but I’ve also read that happens after day one. I’ve also read that your body needs seven days because that’s the time your blood needs to rejuvenate, and that you should aim for ten. Also, should I have a pre-fast ritual? Eat certain things to help my body prepare?

Number two. I’ve been strongly considering cutting gluten/grains out of my diet for a while. I’ve read up on it and it, but has anyone here undergone such a dietary change? In addition to that change, I’m thinking about going raw food only for a while. I generally stick to whole foods and avoid processed food like the plague, but again I want to step it up a notch. Any feedback on how it affected them mentally/physically would be grand.

Number three. I like drugs. Will using drastically hinder my ability to clean myself? I’m not aiming to be immaculate with my efforts, but how toxic are drugs, and how long should I forgo them if need be? I smoke daily (usually bongs) and have a psychedelic appetite which I’m going to suppress for a bit. Can ganj be conductive towards my efforts? It is medicinal I hear ;)

Lastly, could you, oh lovely reader, recommend any reading on non-indoctrinating healthy lifestyles? I’ve read a few things and dig Andrew Weil, but more is always excellent. I currently live in a house of vegans who scoff at me for eating fish yet eat things I wouldn’t touch like margarine and aspartame. :p They're very into structure and regulations... hence that Pescetarian sticker. Indoctrination makes me feel claustrophobic.

I’m looking forward to recalibrating my mind and physical self. Thanks in advance for any feedback or recommendations! <3

Your input = my unconditional love

Yes, I am free of gluten, corn, soy, and dairy. Check out the acne thread (near the top of the forum). I share some of my story there. :)

I did a 3 day juice fast followed by a liver flush recently. I've done many cleanses in the past. I always recommend people start with parasite cleansing and go from there. Parasite cleansing, liver flushing and fasting have all made major differences in my life. I also do iodine therapy but it's too complicated for me to explain here, you gotta do your own research on that one (I believe there have been threads here about it before).

Personally I don't believe in vegetarianism, or rather, it didn't work for me. I was sick as I've ever been after 3 years vegetarian and since I can't tolerate corn, soy, wheat, some beans, etc it's very difficult for me to be vegetarian. I saw massive improvements in my body and health when adding meat back into my diet, but yeah, do what works for you!

closest i ever get to a cleanse is my "more water, less booze, eat some damn vegetables once in a while" diet.

Dear God. lol

My balance drastically improved after my last liver cleanse/parasite kill. It's interesting, because even after many, many cleanses now, something new and random improves with each one. It's really a long term committment. I see people who want to do a cleanse and then go back to chain smoking and drinking all the time and it's just like.. wtf was the point of that? You kind of either have to give a shit about your health or not... but if you don't, doing a cleanse once in awhile isn't going to offset the rest of the stuff you are doing.