• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First roll in a while and query about pill testing.

Fractals

Bluelighter
Hey all, I just joined this forum a few days ago after lurking for months and months...I'm excited to meet everyone! Anyway, last night I rolled for the first time in 8 or 9 months. A friend and I each obtained one purple UFC. Since neither of us had a testing kit or internet access at the time, we went on the best we had: one of my friend's assurances that he had taken that same pill from the same person three times recently and they were clean rolls.

Anyway, we took the pills, and it felt like they were mostly MDMA slightly cut with very good tweak. It was a great time, we smoked shit-tons of cannabis, and it was a great reminder of why I love this substance oh so much.

I'd go into more detail but that's for the Trip Reports section. The main purpose of this thread is something I've been wondering about a while.

On pill testing database websites, such as ecstasydata.org, dancesafe.org, and pillreports.com, thousands of people submit samples of ecstasy pills in their area and these organizations will test their contents and post them online for all to see.

So, just for the sake of example here: Say a friend of mine obtained 10 blue rolex tablets in 2006. He submitted one of them to ecstasydata.org, and in due time, his entry was posted on the website as containing MDMA only. Great, that should be an awesome roll.

Now, on the flip side...say in 2009, someone somewhere obtains some blue rolex tablets. This person is without a testing kit and lacks the funds to send a pill to a testing laboratory. Therefore, he looks up his blue rolex on one of the three main pill-identifying websites. It says MDMA, so that person might be inclined to believe that there is definitely MDMA only in his pill. Right?

...wrong?

Isn't it true that:

#1: Though there are all kinds of different colors and designs for ecstasy pills, most of them, over the years, stay within rough guidelines (i.e. green, red, blue, white, with popular logos stamped on the front.)

#2: Each batch of ecstasy pills is created different and cut different. A blue rolex in 1994 may have contained a completely different set of substance(s) than a blue rolex in 2001, or 2006, or maybe another blue rolex in 2009. Sure, two batches may turn out to have contained the same substance(s) (likely if synthesized by the same person), but odds are, though the two pills make look exactly the same, their contents will turn out to be completely different. Especially considering if someone obtained two of the same pill from different people or in different parts of their area.

#3: Taking all of this into account, common sense pulls me to only one conclusion: Though these pill testing websites may be a method by which one can obtain rough guidelines about what *should* be in their ecstasy pill, the fact remains that there is a very high chance that his/her pill contains different substance(s) than the sample of that pill submitted months or years previously.

Just some wondering I've been doing. I hope everyone's doing excellent!

(That's another thing I love about MDMA...afterglows!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that's true, if you got the same press there's no guarantee that it contains the same substances that the online pill database says it does.

However, if the picture of the pill looks identical to yours, the area listed is close to your area AND the time listed is close to the present then there's a very good chance that your pill will have the same contents. Although there is still a chance that a 'copycat' batch has already been made.

The best way is to test the pills yourself. However, you usually have to spend money on a pill first before you can test it. The pill databases are a nice guideline so if you hear someone (i.e. a dealer) talk about a pill you can get a general idea of it's contents before you spend the money.

and I don't have AIM but PM or msn anytime :)

Yeah, being in the same city and around the same timeframe can really help. That's rare, though, as I believe these testing websites don't publish their results for weeks or months after you send yours in. Most pills I read about on those sites are years old.

I just know way too many people who have misconceptions such as "Oh, I looked this pill up last night, I know exactly what's in it." Or stupid people who, for some odd reason, believe that getting "molly capsules" instead of "regular street tabs" is a for-sure way of getting pure MDMA when there is just as much chance of it being cut as there is with a street pill.

It is a very good guideline, but I still prefer personal testimonials by good friends who have rolled off a batch and concluded them clean before I get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fractals your hypothesising is spot on correct.

cutlery has also given an excellent answer.

Each report be it at pill reports, dancxe safe etc is only of value for that place and space in time. And even then it should be considered as contributing information and not gospel.

There is NO guarantee your pill is from the same batch.