• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rash all over my body.

Liamliamwh

Greenlighter
I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this before....

I was out on Friday night and I had 2 pills, now they were not what I'm used to taking as I only ever get my pills from the same guy but I made an exception and bought some from a friend of a friend, these were in capsule form. A brown capsule... now the buzz was unreal, I was off it for an age.

Problem is my face got really red and covered in blotches, it was burning up and was quite unpleasant. The rash then spread until it was basically from head to toe... now this is not normal?

Any ideas? It's all gone now but still I'd rather avoid this happening again.

Test your gear so you know what your getting.

It could have been anything you took.

My guess is an allergic reaction --- maybe one of the other products in what you took is what caused it.

Would you test the powder in the same way you would test the pill?

Is getting a achne like rash on your face/body not a sign that your liver or kidney's are struggling to metabolise the mdma? I taught I read that somewhere but not quite sure where.

Acne after mdma use is probably due to excess sweating.

Found this in the mdma faq:

C. Why do I get acne or rashes after using Ecstasy?
There are a couple of possibilities.

The first is that ecstasy users often engage in acne causing behaviour. Dancing produces sweat, which can lead to clogged pores. The menthol vapour rub that many users smear on their face can also cause acne. Many users go to sleep immediately after a night of MDMA use, and do not shower or wash their faces.

The second, more serious possible cause, is what has been labelled "ecstasy pimples". This is an acne-like rash that can appear on some users. There is reason to believe it may be linked to a damaged liver, or a liver deficient in the enzyme that metabolizes MDMA. Dr. Uwe Wollina suggest that high levels of serotonin may enhance blood flow to the face, boosting the activity of glands that produce spots when blocked. He suspects that people who break out in spots after taking ecstasy will be more prone to other negative side-effects.
(MAPS Article ).

The third possibility is that the acne results because of norepinephrine-related stimulated production of sebum, a greasy substance that clogs pores and causes break outs

I once got a bunch of pimples on my back after 2 day binge. It was really gross cuz I scratched them all off, theirs still some scars on my back from it. Nothing too noticable though. It was probably from me sweating, cuz I was pretty much soaked in sweat most of the night and day from excessive dancing.

Found this in the mdma faq:

C. Why do I get acne or rashes after using Ecstasy?
There are a couple of possibilities.

The first is that ecstasy users often engage in acne causing behaviour. Dancing produces sweat, which can lead to clogged pores. The menthol vapour rub that many users smear on their face can also cause acne. Many users go to sleep immediately after a night of MDMA use, and do not shower or wash their faces.

The second, more serious possible cause, is what has been labelled "ecstasy pimples". This is an acne-like rash that can appear on some users. There is reason to believe it may be linked to a damaged liver, or a liver deficient in the enzyme that metabolizes MDMA. Dr. Uwe Wollina suggest that high levels of serotonin may enhance blood flow to the face, boosting the activity of glands that produce spots when blocked. He suspects that people who break out in spots after taking ecstasy will be more prone to other negative side-effects.
(MAPS Article ).

The third possibility is that the acne results because of norepinephrine-related stimulated production of sebum, a greasy substance that clogs pores and causes break outs

Very interesting post. I nearly always get a slight but perceptible burning spotted rash on my cheeks and forehead about 2 weeks after using E / MDMA. It lasts several days. I used to become agonizingly anxious when this happened because my usage of E is often linked to sexual escapades and the first time or two this happened I was panic stricken because even though I had engaged in safe sex I was convinced it was an HIV related rash. Turns out I was wrong, and now it's just more an annoyance than anything.

Interestingly enough, I am one of those users who suffer significant and long lasting side effects; but that was back in the day when I was abusing and using regularly. I find that regular usage has minimized side effects or negative effects, although the rash does still happen.

I have only used three times and got a rash this last time. The rash was interestingly on my armpits, legs and but. It was an acne like rash and went away after two days on my arm pits, and legs, but my but is still bad. Just rolled this friday. Its pretty concerning. I got my yellow and red fish from very expierienced users and best friends. So im sure it is great stuff. I felt better than i ever have in my life while on the fish. The only negative reaction was the rash. Im following the advise on this forum and will only take it once every 30 days. So memorial day weekend I will try it again and hope everything is ok. No one else expierience the rash. There were about 18 people that all took the same thing. I hoping my skin is just sensitive to chemicals and had a mild dermatitis. Taking tetracylcin and clindamyacin to help the acne like rash on my ass LOL.. I hope some more people chime in with advise. Maybe people were embarrassed to admit the got the rash on their ass. lol

Are you allergic to penicillin ? my girl breaks out when she rolls sometimes due to that, that is how i know when it has it in a pill

hey everyone, saw this post and decided to register to provide some potentially important information. if you are experiencing rashes after using mdma you should either discontinue or be very careful.

Rashes can be indicative of acute liver damage. there is quite a lot of medical literature which shows severe, acute, hepatotoxicty (liver damage) after administration of MDMA. most of the patients that experienced liver damage showed up with rashes on their chest and/or shoulders. as of now we're not sure whether the liver damage is occuring due to hyperthermia, due to MDMA liver toxicity or possible contaminants in the pills, but if this is occuring after you use MDMA you should reconsider using it again.

if you do decide to use it please make sure that you do not drink alcohol, take large quantities of Tylenol or other agents that may require extensive liver metabolism. of course, lot's of water and rest if you feel overheated.
party safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
there is quite a lot of medical literature which shows severe, acute, hepatotoxicty (liver damage) after administration of MDMA. !

doctor rx could you provide some links to that literature please as its something we should include in our Directory.

doctor rx could you provide some links to that literature please as its something we should include in our Directory.

Wollina U, Kammler HJ, Hesselbarth N, Mock B, Bosseckert H "Ecstasy pimples - a new facial dermatosis" Dermatology, 1998; 197(2):171-3.

this is one example, "The facial rash has not been investigated by histology. So we can only speculate on its pathogenesis. Hepatotoxicity of MDMA and related compounds interfering with sexual steroid metabolism might have provoked a sebaceous gland response. because of the distribution pattern, this seems to be likely in patient 2."

there are others, i just don't currently have the time to find more right this minute.

I found a number of links online to that literature but at best they appear nothing more than hypothesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9732169

The problem with that is that there is no guarantee that the drug used was indeed mdma. It could have been anything.
There is also no guarantee that there is a direct link between the drug use and the rash.
Its simply someone surmising that it might be the case.

Its also possible that while using mdma the person has face massages or wears face paint or whatever.

Your suggestion may well hold some weight and is certainly something that should be considered.

Hopefully future mdma users will have the benefit of absolutes discovered from studies.

Bottom line as always is for anyone who feels they have a problem to seek medical advice and to be honest with there GP so all possibilities can be considered.

since you've done MDMA pills before and havn't reacted like that you're not allergic to MDMA, but you're allergic to one of the components put in that capsule...