• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy and Supplements

runduderun

Bluelighter
I was wondering how supplements may help in MDMA harm reduction/recovery from its effects to the body.

- Could maltodextrine (before) or gelcarbs (after) help the body to maintain the weigh?
- What about protein shakes?
- Will sport drinks like Gatorade work better than water to rehydrate?

I'm mostly worried about the fact that Ecstasy may reduce appetite abd dehydrate, plus the fact that you waist a lot of energy dancing and parting, then you are taking a lot from your body. Im supposing here that I could treat this as if I were doing sports or working out. If you're specially worried about your physical, please share your believes.

Have you checked out The Directory?

There are endless threads of pre and post load supplements and also a really cool Harm Minimisation supplements article in the Basics secxtion at the top.

Yes, and unfortunately I only came across posts related to vitamins, serotonin precursors, and nootropics.

That's not the point in here, its not about pre/post loading for brain damage. I'm talking about body damage.

Sorry, if there's any thread specifically about this, it seems i can't find it.

Not at all. As I said, those are all related to brain damage, liver damage, etc.

I'm seeking for information about nutrition (carbs, proteins...) to help maintaining weight, sugar levels, etc.

You don't need to find something that is ecstasy specific, just follow general guidelines for eating healthy...

the reason that we have a lot of threads on this site dedicated to supplements that can be used to prevent brain damage is because that is what's put to risk by using ecstasy, not your body...

Granted, long sleepless nights of dancing and partying aren't very good for your body, but once again it doesn't need to be ecstasy-specific

Sure, it's not specifically for Ecstasy. This may apply to sports practice as well. The same way as many of the tips to reduce MDMA toxicity also fits other situations.

I'm wondering what, in this specific case, can be applied (considering it's effects on body, and all the dancing), and how can it be applied.

In my point of view, a glass of maltodextrine before, can help in sugar balance, as well as gelcarbs after. If not hungry, I would replace a meal with a whey protein shake (although I don't think of it as the best choice), and also replace water with Gatorade, while rolling.

I'd like to hear from you, who use supplements to withdraw the extra effort/body damage, what are do you usually do.

Thanks!

Pre-loading with vitamins or 5-htp makes your roll hella weak. When you are coming down, post-load with emergen c packets and other antioxidant vitamins, and 5-htp. IMO taking all those after your peak is over helps with lowering possible neurotoxicity. It's like it brings back a lot of what you just used up rolling(compared to not taking anything that is). I'm going to always take 5-htp after I'm done rolling and the next two days from now on.

If you're particularly concerned about wear-and-tear on your body, I would get a good meal (plenty of carbs and protein) perhaps two hours before dropping. Antioxidant vitamins (like C) are also a good idea in this context, not just for potential neuroprotective effects.

Sports drinks like Gatorade can be preferable over water while rolling for the same reason that they're often preferable while playing sports: You replace some of the carbs that you're burning and some of the electrolytes that you're sweating out. I'm not sure it would have much benefit in the context of preserving muscle mass or the like, but it can't hurt.

I would expect the main thing would simply be to keep both carbs and protein available, both during the evening and the next day (it can be hard to eat, after all.)

Since 'ecstasy' type drugs hit the nervous system fairly hard, I would expect some nervous system fatigue the week after (so you'll probably feel a bit weak), although it will pass.

My general impression was that a night on MDMA cost close to a week's worth of progress in the gym in terms of building strength. Whether it's worth it depends on your point of view.