• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Overdose on MDMA, MDA, MDEA?

bluemanthief

Bluelighter
OK, so I have heard of people OD'n on X, but im curious to a few things.

1. Is it possible to OD on pure MDMA, MDA, or MDEA? If so, how much would have to be taken (for about an average sized person, who is healthy)?

2. Do other alduterants speed up or induce an OD?

3. What kind of damage is done to the brain, nervous system, etc..?

I can't think of anything else I wanna know, but if anyone has any other information regarding the subject, (i.e. stories of friends OD'n, what happens, how it happens... just anything).

Anyways, I hope someone can shed some light on this subject.

BMT

1. Yes.. but i don't know how much.. it depends on the person and circumstances.

2. Yes.. speed or another stimulant could increase risk of a heart attack, an MAOI will increase risk of serotonin syndrome, being in a hot place and or dancing too much without breaks can lead to hyperthermia (overheating) which does nasty things to you.. other drugs (including dxm, and stimulants) will likely increase this risk.

Your liver also takes on a bit of a beating from polydrug use.

3. Damaged 5-ht (serotonin) system in your brain will be a likely result, although missuse (too much and or too often) will likely result in this too.

Weak heart will likely be a result from a heart attack.

Death?

Fatal overdoses have been documented with each of these drugs. How much it takes to produce a fatal overdose is hard to pin down; some people have survived astonishing doses (40+ pills) while others have died after only a few pills. (Most cases being somewhere in between.) Generally speaking, the risk of a fatal overdose is quite low, but people do die from 'ecstasy' use every year.

3. What kind of damage is done to the brain, nervous system, etc..?

It seems to be a bit of an all-or-nothing shot; those that survive an overdose often don't seem to have significant permanent damage. Those that don't...well, being dead is significant problem. In fatal cases of simple overdose the victim usually suffers from extreme overheating, causing their body to start breaking down and their organs to fail. As drug overdoses go, an ecstasy overdose is a particularly horrible way to go.

if anyone has any other information regarding the subject, (i.e. stories

I'm told this is in poor taste, but: http://thedea.org/morgue.html

Other sections discuss other causes of death, cases if you care to poke around.

Fatal overdoses have been documented with each of these drugs. How much it takes to produce a fatal overdose is hard to pin down; some people have survived astonishing doses (40+ pills) while others have died after only a few pills. (Most cases being somewhere in between.) Generally speaking, the risk of a fatal overdose is quite low, but people do die from 'ecstasy' use every year.

It seems to be a bit of an all-or-nothing shot; those that survive an overdose often don't seem to have significant permanent damage. Those that don't...well, being dead is significant problem. In fatal cases of simple overdose the victim usually suffers from extreme overheating, causing their body to start breaking down and their organs to fail. As drug overdoses go, an ecstasy overdose is a particularly horrible way to go.

I'm told this is in poor taste, but: http://thedea.org/morgue.html

Other sections discuss other causes of death, cases if you care to poke around.

well, i dont think talking in terms of pills is accurate, yeah someone may have survivied 40 pills, how about those pills were nothing but some aspirine dust??? how about those few pills were 100% pure amph??

we should refer how much MDMA one ppl can take in terms of mgs, not pills...

It is possilbe to OD on most things even water but the amounts vary between person and situation. Death from MDxx or MDx alone is pretty rare but that doesnt make it a 'safe' drug at all. In my opinion mixing any stims puts extra strain on your heart and mixing stims with downers has the same effect (imagine pressing the gas peddle and the brake peddle at the same time!).

Lethal dose of MDMA is 5-6 grams. It's about 65 pokeballs - at once.

Yes, its possible. But very unlike.

Lethal dose of MDMA is 5-6 grams. It's about 65 pokeballs - at once.

Most overdose deaths happen at much lower doses than that.

Unfortunately this isn't a question that has a clear-cut answer; depending on a person's genetics, environment and other factors they may be at much higher or lower risk of death than the next person.

That said, I don't think a fatal accidental overdose (such as from getting a couple pills that were stronger than you expected) is a realistic cause for concern.

^

Sure, there many variants here to consider (body weight, age, etc). Also, we're talking about pure, pharmacy-quality MDMA.

We should not rest on this 5-6g limit (I can't even imagine doing that much at once), but i'd say that it shouldn't be a common thing - at all, to have an OD if people are getting pure MDMA.

The LD50 of MDMA is about 6 grams. That means that 50% of the time, if you have 6 grams of MDMA in your system at one time you can die.

im sorry, i love this drug, but anything near a gram at once CAN NOT be enjoyable, if it takes anywhere near that much to roll, theres no way you actually are. therefore IMO it takes one of those ignorance accidents or wrong labelling, or combo of, to hit the dosage OD point of 5-6 g.

I could see an uneducated dealer or user thinking hard to figure out what MDA was and guessing LSD, speed and heroin.. but still couldnt see that being an intelligent reason to choose the big doses.

after reading that dea.org morgue link it looked like most deaths had underlying problems or details that manipulated the cause of death

given that it is easier to mistakenly od on a simple legal scrip combination, and that a large majority of ods involve other stimuli, it seems smart to descern that a healthy, educated person with self control and common sense should be far from overdosing with DOUBLE the normal reacreational doses, even with other drug use