Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Percent of MDMA metabolized to MDA?

Illuminateur

Bluelighter
Anyone know?

The only info that I could come by was:
"MDMA is metabolized to its amphetamine analog (MDA) and their corresponding
reduced (4-OH, 3-Methoxy and 3-OH, 4-OH) metabolites. Approximately 65% of a dose
is excreted as unchanged MDMA and 7% as MDA. The reduced metabolites are
excreted as glucuronide and sulfate conjugates. "

I don't know, but am curious too. The times I've taken a lot of good, pure mdma I ended up having a lot of hallucinations which I figured was from ultimately having a lot of mda in my system...

I know this isn't any way to obtain a solid answer, but I would assume that it was proportional to the percent of unchanged MDMA compared to percent of unchanged MDA that is excreted.

ie: somewhere around 7/65ths ( approx. 11% ) of your MDMA gets metabolized into MDA :p I would love somebody to find out to see how close this is. I have a feeling I'm way off, 11% seems like a pretty large percentage.

Based on the amount of MDA detected in people's blood after taking MDMA, the 7% figure looks about right to me. See: http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=79

Whether that's a 'significant' amount is a matter of perspective. I doubt this conversion makes a noticeable difference in the high, since it's a small amount and MDA isn't radically different from MDMA in effects anyway.