• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Klonopin and Sex.......

Phaedo1982

Greenlighter
Need some advice: I'm currently taking .25 mg of Klonopin three times a day for PTSD. I've been out of a relationship for about 6 months and just started dating a new girl and I've noticed that I can't get it up when the moment comes...

I know that one of the side-effects of K-Pin can be sexual dysfunction, but I'm not sure if this is the cause or if it's just some "performance anxiety."

Can anyone offer any suggestions to help or experience with this? Wondering if I should not take a dose when we're going to be together or cut down... I didn't think that under 1 MG would be that much of an issue...

I've tried to research this on-line, but some studies say that benzos don't really affect sex much, while others say that they do.

Looking for some advice from people who have taken them on a regular basis before. I'm 28 and in otherwise good health - not taking any other medications.

I'm so frustrated with this!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if it's the K-Pin, though, because I was in a 7 year relationship before this and have only been with one other girl, so I might just be nervous due to my "lack" of experience with different people.

From personal experience, when I was taking clonazepam on a daily basis, I couldn't even masturbate everyday. I would sometimes go a week or more, and I would not even miss it. Since I weaned off clonazepam, my sex drive has increased by a good degree, but it is by no means where it once was, but this could be due to age.