• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Calling all BLer's from '00-'01, is it me or am i getting old?

GoNeGoOsE

Bluelighter
Shit.. haven't logged onto BL for over a year and suddenly decided to come here after seeing all my old BL shirts (cheers to White Smoke for producing them back then!! I'm going to frame up one of your shirts..) couple of questions for you oldies
1) You guys still around at all? (i remember posting here as early as Mar '00)
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis? =)
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?"
4) Have your priorities changed at all in the last 3 yrs?
To all here on this BB, this is a great place to be a part of and take care!! :)
[ 19 January 2003: Message edited by: GoNeGoOsE ]

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. :)
Much as it at times pains me to admit, Bluelight is responsible for connecting me with the entire social group I interact with since that fateful Wild Things 2 meetup and have come to love in real life. Despite many no longer posting due to our freindships trancending this place, you know who you are :) I see you every weekend, I live with you, I go to your 21st birthday parties, I have been in intimate loving relationships with you, I go to uni with you, I count you as my closest ally, I have laughed and cried with you, I have had (still have? ;) ) crushes on you, I thank the day I came here to this website alone and met you, I count myself lucky every day, I am glad I have you here to spend these figuartive years of my life with, I feel lucky to know you, I shall tell my grandkids about the times we spent. All of you. Thanks for letting me in. As cynical as I am prone to be, bluelight has changed my life so much for the better... So glad I found this place.
[ 19 January 2003: Message edited by: -Thoth ]

*waves to gonegoose*
I still remember ya! :D
...now and then ;)
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis? =)
Don't go to many raves these days... I tend to enjoy the social ones /home drops more.
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?"
Hell... I routinely do that with my posts from the day before. :D
Like I said, I enjoy the social aspects more. I still love the odd boogie, but can't be bothered spending the whole night dancing 110mph.
:)

hey goose :)
you are one of the first perth nick's that i recognised when i first joined up back in nov '00.
it's good to see you back. hope that i can finally catch up with you if you return to oz. definitely look me up if you get to perth :D .
1) You guys still around at all?
yep, still here, still contributing regularly, still in love with the whole bluelight community.
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis?
still into the scene, well the music, which is what it's always been about for me. reality always alters, and i still like to push my limits, wether bent or sober. it's about self-knowledge, and self-improvement, and knowing your boundaries, and always stretching beyond them. however, like jake, the personal, one-on-one is more important to me more and more these days. the most pleasant two weeks i've had in a long time was just recently when i visited the east coast, and personally met with many bl'ers that i've only known online b4.
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?"
yeah, but it's good to have a record of me changing as a person, and see how much i've learned, and how i've progressed in that time.
well, of course. i would actually be worried if they hadn't. it's funny to see how much less arrogant i am about my drug experiences these days. in the old days, i thought i knew it all, and sounded like an arrogant twat some of the time. these days, i have less to prove, and am a lot more tolerant about other's views, and experiences.

Wow, I log on after a long time of no show and see this.
I'm not really around anymore posting....
Not really into the scene at all.....
Haven't looked up a post in a long time......
Priorities now based around a life with my Stompr and houses, cars, pets and real life.
I still go out every now and then, don't drop many, but when I do drop, I do so in style and make a whole weekend of it!!
BASS OUT
** Waves to all those looking **

^^ what he said...except without stompr. and I still post occasionially.
I say we bring back a NRG vs Techo thread!! Bass vs Psyentist square off for good times sake!

*waves*
Still here and still wondering what I'm on when I reread any of my posts.

yeah ocassionally still check round here...only really ever post to payout kandy kids and pleo tho ;)
the scene has changed for me...i'm definately over big fuckoff parties with banal uplifting trance...still get on down to tezza when i can for a good shuffle, but mostly just drag my ass out to bushdoofs for a good stomp most weekends. nicer community and less (almost no) focus on drugs with the best music...
i dont look back for my old posts ;)
priorities haven't changed much in the last 3-4 yearsish...viewpoint and consumption levels definately have tho.

Yeah I guess I'm still here. I don't know how much longer I'll be around though....
Yes and no if that makes any sense. I'm not really into going to every single goddamn party anymore, but I still love the music as much as ever, so I mainly go to hear the dj's I want to hear. I guess sometimes altering my brain is fun too. ;)
Unfortunately there's been a few people around that every now and then feel like they need to remind me of some of my old posts. Please stop reminding me, I'm not a nice person anymore. ;)
Yes I'm somewhat more responsible these days with what I do with my time and how I spend my money. Also I'm actually working towards getting things done. Partying is fun for awhile, but it won't make you happy forever.
I guess though I have made a lot of friends here (also met a lot of dickheads from here too though. ;) , and well if I hadn't of met some of those people I'm sure my life would be very different today. Actually it's quite scary thinking about this!!

still here, still in the scene and altering reality regularly (less regularly and not as hard core, but still regularly), I've not looked up an old post but someone I know has (stop spying on me! :) ), priorities haven't changed but every thing else seems to have - for the better, go figure!
still regularly see some of the prodigal Sydney crew as well...

Hey GoNeGoOsE long time no see :)
1) You guys still around at all? slight name change but still posting .
2) Still into the scene? Yes and no ,taking a big ass break from the pills(4 months and counting) but going out regulary .
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?" Oh hell yes! 00/01 was a very sketchy time for me ;) [email protected] the hell was I on when I came up with that? :)
4) Have your priorities changed at all in the last 3 yrs? Yes ,I am having some me time of late and its doing a world of good :) Should have done this years ago.

YAz me is still here...
I cant get out i cant get out!!!!
I am Traped inside Blulight Prison with a life sentence it seems...
Alcatraz... Pfft. that aint shit..
Peace all..
Braja.

Bass Junky - Long Time :)
Pekkie - Sorry I didn't talk to you at Chadstone that day
Well I think I started posting early 2001
I read the posts sometimes so I guess I am still around
Not really into the scene unless you count the tons of Nitrous I had in child birth (and yes it did alter reality)
I don't read my old posts
Well my number one priority these days is my Husband, child, pets and house. Guess you could say my priorities changed.... ALOT.

1. I'm sorta on the verge of knowing the target group here so thought I'd say hi :) (Rego'd in april '01). Freakily I still check this thing all the time, but then its 'lack of other activities' when I'm at home more then anything.
2. Verging on being ready to move on... floated away and then been dragged back by a few close friends 'discovering' the rave world and subsequently doing the rounds again. Yeah still semi-regular altering seems to be afoot... More due to being thrown backwards from my personal advancement then anything else... Quite over it :)
3. Never look up my old posts, didnt think anyone did :)
4. Priorities havent really changed, I always went out to have my own night and to hear the music I wanted to hear. These days though I'm just much, much more picky in what I like, what I listen to and what I applaud.
Big thanks to a lot of the really great people I've met through this, dont have any decent social links with a lot of the people I used to know but thats just the way things turned out. Shiteeeload of intelligent and funky acquaintences though :)
*Bows to Bluelight*

Yep a little.
A little as well, chilled out these days :)
Old what? ;)
Not really, a little bit more relaxed and settled than I used to be tho :)