• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-htp?

van3ssa

Greenlighter
Has anyone tried that after they've rolled? Do they actually work?
I've heard that it doesn't quite help fully. Idk. I'm not so knowledgeable on things to take post-roll. >.< Help?

The idea is that the 5-htp, a chemical precursor to serotonin, gives your brain more of what it needs to create serotonin (the chemical that is responsible for most of ecstasy's unique subjective effects.)

This is supposed to help you restore your serotonin reserves.

Now, that's the idea- I personally have never been afflicted by post-roll depression so I probably can't really gauge the effectiveness of 5-htp in relieving post-roll symptoms.

What should you take away from this? It's a precautionary measure whose effectiveness is entirely debatable, but if you have to err, err on the side of caution and take 5-htp after you use MDMA :)

I usually take 5HTP for a few days after rolling. I'd say it kind of helps, but not really in a big way. But at the same time I am stressed out and sad a lot of the time. So MDMA blues can mess me up in a really bad way.

I'd say, just try taking it. Even if it doesn't do anything on neurochemical level, it might give you a placebo effect.

If you really want to improve your roll/remove the comedown, I'd suggest looking into Piracetam. I've taken for a week every day before rolling and it makes my roll magical, like the first time. It also makes the comedown much less noticeable.

I take 5-htp after rolling and I've found it helps a lot. I actually take it during times of regular life stress too when I have trouble sleeping (1 12hr release tab right before bed and I sleep like a baby and wake up in a great mood.) Or I take it when I'm PMSing and notice that my grumpy attitude is non-existent.

Some people say it doesn't work for them, some day it does, so try it and see if it's right for you. I've found it for cheap at Costco (about $20 for 300 tablets.)

Also note that you should NOT take it 24 hours before you roll. Some say that it can decrease your roll greatly.

@levictus - I've never heard of Piracetam, but that sounds great!

I take 5-htp after rolling and I've found it helps a lot. I actually take it during times of regular life stress too when I have trouble sleeping (1 12hr release tab right before bed and I sleep like a baby and wake up in a great mood.) Or I take it when I'm PMSing and notice that my grumpy attitude is non-existent.

Some people say it doesn't work for them, some day it does, so try it and see if it's right for you. I've found it for cheap at Costco (about $20 for 300 tablets.)

Also note that you should NOT take it 24 hours before you roll. Some say that it can decrease your roll greatly.

@levictus - I've never heard of Piracetam, but that sounds great!

You're certainly spot on about the sleep thing. The mornings I feel most refreshed are those in which I took 5-htp the night before, it really does improve quality of sleep.

And as for 5-htp diminishing the quality of your roll, keep in mind that these are user-subjective reports and you should take them with a grain of salt. I've personally never experienced 5-htp diminishing the quality of ecstasy's effects.

Although I do personally believe that Piracetam greatly helps out your roll also, keep in mind that once again there is nothing that explicitly supports the idea that Piracetam should improve the quality of your roll.

You're not supposed to "feel"5htp, it's something that helps replenish your serotonin and is great in the long run. Taking it a couple of days before rolling and the day after rolling for a couple of days helps my comedown too, makes it go away faster.

It has worked for me, but you have to take it for a week prior and it can give you the chronic shits!

im taking 100 mg a day and i take the first pill int he morning th eother one around lunch and i feel likeEXTREMELY tired after the second one might cut down the those btu i cant seem to do this because i willget extremely hungry and many mood swings but i feel tired from lunch until i pass out and have odd dreams thenocne i wake up its really really hard but ill be fine int he morning

Used to take 5-HTP about an hour before my roll to help my comedown. Never effected my roll and it helped a little for the comedown. Ever since I hear about serotonin syndrome I don't really take it before anymore. But know I take it after. I'll take one the next morning and it does make the morning slightly easier for me. I still feel like shit but don't feel too lethargic and it gives me an extra pep to get through the day and the task in front of me (even if that task is walking to the kitchen). On times when I haven't taken it I really feel like shit and I don't want to do a damn thing.