Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

No expectations, no dissapointments... just positivity

Dj ScAtTeRfAcE

Bluelighter
Well if snowboarding has tought me one thing it's to make the most out of what you've got. If it's the shittest snow season ever i aint gonna complain about how shit it is and how 'it's not like it was 5 years ago' (insert conformative voice). NO I'm gonna find the snow i can, make a jump and have as much fun as i possibly can. So what the fuck has this got to do with anything. It's because so many people aren't willing to apply the same princible to raves. Simply be happy with what you've got and no matter what is going on YOU can make YOURSELF have a good night.
Just some examples of things stopping people having good nights:
--->"The sound/music's shit" Do you know how much fun i've had dancing my ass off for hours to shitty cassette players like i'm front row centre to the best sound system ever. If your positive enough you can enjoy any music; I mean you don't exactly here Kylie being dropped at raves... Sometimes you have to adjust to the music. Okay it may not be your favourite but you can still enjoy it instead of just whinging yeh?
--->"The crowds shit" I'd hate to say it but if you have to feed of the whole crowds energy to have a good night then you may as well throw in the towel now. There are so many paranoid and angry energies and vibes at raves these days that you HAVE to set by example and be positive. If you do this you will definitely attract positive people, but there's no point analysing everyone as a whole, getting angry, then having a bitch on blue light the next day. It's defiantly a self-fulfilling prophecy in this case; good vibes = meeting good people.
---> "The drugs are shit" If you can't go to raves straight and have a good time then your automatically taking a risk relying on drugs to set you in a good mood for the night. Drugs should enhance what you can do naturally and you should not have a reliance on a little pill (or 5) to have a good night... as best said "do drugs, don't let drugs do you". Yeh maybe you could be more fuct, but everything happens for a reason and maybe it just wasn't meant to be. If there's one thing that's going to kick in a pill it's positivity and adrenaline. So in the time thinking about if you could have been more fuct you just went for a dance and smiled suddenly you might have been on the level you wanted.
So what am I saying? I think these days you need tolerance to have a good time as a raver more often then not. Shouldn't that be what it's all about though, having a good time? Don’t reply to this with the word jaded... I think it's been used so many times on this message board that people are becoming jaded to being jaded. Being JADED is just a state of mind, It's ALL IN YOUR HEAD! I know you all want to have a good time! Just go to raves and have as much fun as you can and let people feed of your energies. Raves should be an escape from the paranoid, fast-paced, materialistic, whinging everyday world, not a drugged up reflection of it. Of course not everyone is like this, I know people can have a good time. It's just that so many people are angry these days and i think they need to LET GO, SMILE, drop any expectations and approach EVERY situation with nothing but POSITIVY.
PLUR REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace, love and light
Mick
[ 11 January 2003: Message edited by: Dj ScAtTeRfAcE ]

^^^What he said :)
I agree unanimously with everything DJ Scatterface is on about. While at parties, I see people who really look like they want to be ANYWHERE else, whereas myself...even early in the morning when most people are in their cars racking lines or having sex in the toilets, I will be as content, if not moreso than I have been any other time in the night...purly because I allow myself to be. It really is up to you, and everyone's free to make their own decisions, but maybe give it a go, just for one night...be positive ffs!!!
*Beats bluelight with a plurbat*
*Hands the plurbat to DJ Scatterface*
*Reaches for the lazers*

you know what I hate, people who go around whinging about people whinging...
:)

i agree totally with dj scatterface, if you stop worrying about everyone else and how they are dancing in your zone, and just get on with it and enjoy yourself. Well thats what i have been doing, its all up to you, enjoy yourself!!

well, i can't say i have a lot to add, but that was cool dj scatterface :)
especially the thing about the sound system - of *course* the best possible sound is gonna be nice, but just 'cos something's a little off doesn't make it a shit night...make your own fun.
!brad

DJ Scatterface- I wholeheartedly agree with and endorse everything u said. Weeeeeeeeerd up!
Im now 3 years deep in the clubbing/raving/peaking game, and am yet to feel the bitter cold wind of jadedness.
Maybe because when i started, alot of ppl said- "pffft! yeh, ur having fun now, but u'll be a jaded old fuck like me one day!"
But, in the immortal words of Cypress Hill, I "aint goin' out like that!" :D

I am not the same person I was when I first started going out. None of my wonderful freinds I met in those days are the same either. We grew, changed, evolved, whatever... Myself and others could be construed as being JADED by established definition. But hey, I'm glad I am not the same as I was. I don't want to desparately cling to a fantasy after it has become little more than nostalgia. Raves are not the be all end all in my life. I got into the scene because it was new and exciting, and I learned many things, met many interesting people. However, now, my life moves in a different direction. I still go out, I still have fun, but you must be insane to think I feel the same way about it as I did all that time ago!
This is not peter pan and the lost boys. I want to experience new things, I embrace moving on. If I think stuff sucks by my measure of value, then it does by that measure of value. I really fail to care about these hollow entreties yelling at me about how I fail to keep it real. I will ALWAYS keep it real. The lessons I gained here I hold for LIFE. However... To quote Dylan:
"The times, they are a changin'"

im not jaded, i just know what i like and refuse to compromise my taste.

/\/\/\
| | |
Very true. I agree most whole heartedly. But when your tastes, aren't agreeable with the situation, or environment you are in...change the environment. dont winge about it.
Which is what is trying to be said i think. Otherwise somebody is pinging...... ;)

hey scatterface!!! well done!!! ive only really been going out (clubbin/doofin/ravin) for the last yr (well went out b4 that but only occasionally and was totally diff etc etc too hard 2 explain)but yeah am so sick of ppl that are jaded and say the plur is lots and over used and mis understood and where is all the under ground clubs and old school is best and then ppl raggin on ppl that say 'oh yeah im so cool cos i like old skool" WTF????
yeah sick of ppl tellin me that i have this kandi attitude cos i like life and appreciate what i have and the situation at hand rather than winge like everyone else about whats not going right and what they dont have!!! ffs!!!
i am not gonna be jaded...i dont care if kandi is or isnt cool...i dont care if its underground/commercial/happyhard or gabba is the cool thing to be liking or not!!
yeah yeah all this 'im an individual just like everyone else' thing shits me too!! so what if everyone is trying to be diff? its all about having ur own identity anyway...fuck being cool cos ur doing what everyone else is doing/....fuck being cool cos ur trying to be urself ...fuck the jaded ppl who tell me im gonna be jaded in a few yrs too!!!!
HAVE FUCKING FUN!!!

^^^
If you don't care about what people think, why are you so passionate about the topic?

PLUR is a line for picking up underaged raver chicks.
old skool will always be cool because u aint there.
crowd is shit cos they vibrate to alvin and the chipmunks on speed.
sound is shit cos us old skoolers have cumulative ear damage from partying since u were wetting ur cots.
drugs and parties were always better cos we were all more innocent(or is that naive?).
anymore questions?
viva le PLUR ;)
[ 12 January 2003: Message edited by: vurtomatic ]

I tend to agree with DJScatface. Perhaps not so much on Bluelight but on two other boards I read (ITM & TS), after every event there's always a huge thread of people complaining about the most insignificant, sorry shit. It's always the same people too; whining, sooky-la-la, crybabies who wouldn't know a good time if it stood over them and shat on their faces.

heh ^^^ i'd really like to see how much of a good time you might have if it actually *did* come and shit on your face :) but i agree with your sentiments. some people spend so much time picking out the faults that they forget about having a good time!
!brad

damn it... i lost the post i was typing... this is gonna be a test of short term memory :\
-
people go out for different reasons and when they're out, their own criterias for the night comes into play.
i go out for the music. if the music is bad, i'd say it. if the soundsystem is bad, i'd say it. if the crowd is bad, i'd say it. if the drugs are bad, well, they dont bother me as much as the previous points.
case in point: sasha at qbh. soundsystem was shit, basslines not punchy, diffused all over the place, highs were too sharp. music was good for the first hour, then it tapered off into the usual banging stuff, still good, cept for the shit soundsystem, i couldnt hear or enjoy it as much as i would like to. crowd was shit cos they were making too much noise, especially during breakdowns... i had wondered, were they there to party, listen to music, or blow sasha.
so that's the kinda things i bitch about, because those are the things that matter to me when i go out. its very simple: i know what i want, and there really is no compromise there.
on the flipside, there are people who go out, for other people. they make the best out of their nights and enjoy each other's company more so than the environment or music. not me, if i wanted quality time, i can easily accomplish that over a meal and drinks with friends.
different perceptions of quality time.
what im trying to say is... its just as silly for us to complain about someone else complaining. different perceptions, different priorities. we go out for our own reasons.
and dont bother using PLUR as a call to arms, inspiration, or whatever. PLUR is overrated. i would expect PLUR from a kandyraver, an accountant, a student, a homeless person: any person who thinks of him/herself as a civil human being. am i jaded? no. PLUR gets on my nerves because it is too entrenched in rave culture, when it should be entrenched in humanity.
leave people alone with their bitching, and they'll leave u with ur glowsticks ;)

PLUR gets on my nerves because it is too entrenched in rave culture, when it should be entrenched in humanity.
Exactly, maby if someone explained this to world leaders then we wouldn't be on the brink of war! You can't force a particular mindset on anybody or any group, usually when you do, you end up causing more problems than u solve. Indeed, one might argue that an enculturated PLUR in the rave safe scene led to or will lead (depending on your point of perspective) it's eventual demise. Having a good time is when the combination external factors and internal factors (positivity, mood, mindset) synchronise perfectly- that's why we remember (provided that all to common drug induced short term memory loss doesn't strike) those great night's cause everything goes right. If having a good time was just a matter of positivity psychiratrists would be out of work and self-help guru's would rule in their sted.
[ 13 January 2003: Message edited by: Tabernacle ]

My post was directed towards ravers because this is a rave forum. But what i'm talking about i see everywhere. When i go snowboarding i see so few people with smiles on their faces and they should be having the time of their lives. When i walk through the city i see fast-past people feeding of each others crazy energies. I'm sure if people can't be content at raves (which i presume is one of their escapes) then they are not treating many sitations at all in their lifes with positivtity. Has anybody ever cought the train and looked around, people are so damn miserable, even when they are clearly not going to work. I'm sure when they get to where they're going they will have a good time. But this is the point; I think people take what they have for granted and put momenteral pleasure above trying to achieve a more constant state of hapiness. Be happy with whatever is around you, feed of the kind and pure people you meet, not the angry or negative ones. As i said in my last posts... raves should be an escape from societies crazy ways not a reflection of it. Alright I know no one likes someone telling them how to live however in my opinion peace NEVER has to be justified.
I'm not trying to enforce something here guys, i'm trying to share something.
peace and love
Mick

Scatterface,
i not only do i agree with what you said, i would like to further explore the point about escaping society. wasn't the creation of the rave community based upon this escape. the earliest ideals of the dance/rave culture was seperating itself from normal living and ideals. so looking at this isn't it about being in the same frame of mind as everyone around.
Once again good posts scatter and party safe and hard.