• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Testing for Caffeine in pills

Dahli

Bluelighter
Simple question: Does anyone know of any ways to test for Caffeine in MDxx pills or powder.

I'm a big fan of test kits and test every pill I get, regardless of testimonies. I'm also a big fan of sharing my results on Pill Reports. But none of the tests at EZtest seem to test for Caffeine (unless I'm blind.) Does anyone know of a way to test for it? I've found tester strips to test for Caffeine in liquid, but nothing like the EZtest regents.

And my main reason for bringing this up- I got some molly (which I was told was pure) and tested it with my Marquis, Simons & Robadope (mainly just to see what pure mdma tested like) and everything looked good, no Amp or Meth-like results. But after ingesting it I was quite awake at 5am and had the hardest time sleeping and it felt like I had drank 5 Mt. Dews just before bed- Leading me to suspect Caffeine. But I'll never know unless I can test. Thanks!

as far as I know there is not test akin to normal MDMA testing kits that will test for caffine. but caffine is the least of your worries when taking MDMA so I would suspect thats why they don't make a kit to test for it.

Also, just because you had tested MDXX powder doesn't mean that you are going to be able to sleep after taking it. I have taken clean pills many times and was unable to sleep afterwards. It is a stimulant so trouble sleeping should be expected to some degree.

If you want to sacrifice the whole pill, I imagine dissolving it in water would allow you to use the tester strip...or perhaps if you just wet the pill and lay it on the tester strip? Sounds dumb I know but it might give you just enough surface area to affect a change.

@TearItDown - We consumed a 80mg cap at 10:30 and another at 11:30. I had energy all night (which isn't abnormal) but by the time we got home at 5am I still wasn't sleepy (normal bed time is midnight, and normally I'm dead tired by 5am when partying.) I slept restlessly from 5am till 9am and woke up tired as hell but unable to fall back asleep. I wasn't able to sleep again until 10pm that night. Normally, MDMA doesn't have that reaction for me; I'm usually able to sleep very well. If I hadn't tested the powder before consumption I'd suspect Meth or Amp.

Could be that it was just MDMA and my inability to sleep was just myself. But I am sensitive to high doses of Caffeine so that's why I'm interested in testing for it. Also I like to know when my source is lying to me by telling me "Oh yeah, it's 100% MDMA, not cut with anything." If there's no simple way to do it that's fine, I was just wondering if there was.

Alright, first off, lets think about it here. 160mg in a single night, correct? Did it actually FEEL like you were on 160mg of MDMA? Lets just pretend that your molly is cut 1:1, meaning you did 80mg mdma and 80mg caffeine. 80mg of caffeine is even less than what is in a 20oz mountain dew bottle. I think your sleeping problem came from the mdma itself or perhaps relating to events prior to consumption

I dont know how you could test for caffeine but if you have been partying on stims then its not that unusual to be awake for a few hours after the party has finished.

i dont know of any means for testing for presence of caffeine, but if it bothers you that much you can do an anhydrous acetone wash to remove any caffeine present.