• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Daily KJ required?

Middleway

Ex-Bluelighter
I am trying to lose weight and I have been trawling through various internet Basal metablolic rate calculators.
My Resting metabolic rate is 7891.8kj per day according to my age height and sex.
Add in activity and it comes to 14,000kj per day. Even being very concervative it still comes to 11398kj day.
I understand that when you cut your intake too much your body catabolizes your muscles to provide glucose. Thing is I feel like I am eating more than ever. My diet is spot on, no junk only healthy stuff. Using whey protein to up the protein content of my meals but I am having a hard time eating this much food. I have never been a crash dieter or anything, I have only put on this weight because of the side effects of antideppressants, I don't know if they altered my metabolism or upped my appitite... I suspect both.
So anyway, I was limiting myself to 8000kj a day and managing that easily with no hunger. Now to eat 10,000kj a day which is a 4000kj deficet according to this calculator http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
It feels like I am stuffing myself. I couldn't imagine trying to eat 14,000kj.
I am training in martial arts every day for about an hour. But I just don't feel like I need this much food.
Thoughts?

Takes a bit of time to build up to eating big calories. Making sure you eat regularly will help speed metabolism which will make it easier to eat more. I find the bigger a breakfast I have the hungrier I am for the rest of the day. Try to get a proper brekkie in you and then eat every 2-3 hours till bedtime.

Keep an eye on your weight- your metabolism may naturally be very slow or artificially slowed by the antidepressents. I can eat twice as many calories as my gf and still lose weight whilst she will put weight on. Metabolism has huge varience between individuals.