Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Some DexAmp and MDMA ideas and questions

sir_thizzalot

Bluelighter
Hey guys-
I've lurked here and other similar sites for a while now and just joined. I have a good understanding on what MDMA does in my brain but have some questions about DexAmp before, durring/mixed, and days after thizzing-

1) I remember talk of how horrible it is to take amphetamines with MDMA because the dopamine released enters serotonin cells and is toxic to them. Is this still believed to be the case or is this just bad info?

1b)if that is true, then taking any amp while my serotonin cells aren't back to full size would do a little damage, right?

1c) if 1A is true, then since ecstasy releases dopamine too then isn't it pretty much toxic to your serotonin cells every use, even without real amp(I know that mdma is technically partially amphetamine but not that much)?

1d)if both or either of those are true, then how much can I stop the flow of dopamine to my serotonin cells by pre-loading the right vitamins, and taking some of those again durring and after?

2)If I remember right, DexAmp releases Serotonin(or is it endorphins, or both? I know less about what dexamp does in my brain than mdma), and tons of dopamine. Wouldn't that dopamine go into those slightly deflated serotonin cells and do damage just like thizzing? What damage like that am I doing by taking 60-80mg vyvanse(about 18-23mg dexamp for that one dose, sometimes I will take 60mg vyvanse followed by 40mg a few hours later) about once every week or two(some weeks have 3 days where I do that dose once but it's rare).

And lastly- if I can stop the dopamine from damaging my serotonin cells(with vitamins/anti oxidants/whatever), then take 5-HTP a bit for the first 3-4 days after my one dose(only dose once a night, but higher doses than most people) nights, then won't I easily be able to thizz once every 2 weeks without any real damage or low serotonin levels?

Hopefully all that makes sense, this amp stuff is confusing me! so I decided it was time to ask for some help on here.

From what i know, amphetamines release mainly dopamine and norepinephrine, but also a bit of serotonin. There were some studies done suggesting that taking an SSRI type of anti depressant such as prozac or paxil a few hours after you take MDMA would block stray dopamine from entering the serotonin neurons. Not sure if this is still an accepted method of harm prevention. And the theory behind anti oxidants is not that it stops dopamine from entering into the neuron, but by 'deactivating' oxidized radicals that can apparently damage the serotonin cells. Someone who's more up to date with the research and knowledgeable about the exact processes can expand on this.

^not wanting to take SSRI's really for some wierd reasons my mine.

That's all helpfull though, thanks!

I'll add one more note now knowing what you said about anti-oxidants:

I swear the times I pre-load I get little or no Euphoria and think straighter, and roll for a shorter time than when I don't pre load at all. WTF is this from? I've known about anti oxidants helping fight neurotoxicity for a while now so now days i almost always take a fair amount. miss the euphoria sometimes though.

I've also noticed less euphoria and a lack of a peak when i pre loaded with anti oxidants. no idea why that is though, or if its just a coincidence

Do not take it after rolling. It should be alright while rolling. Mdma usually borrows some dopamine, and from what I've heard, d-amps borrow some serotonin. A bit of a cross over isn't bad, your body will be using both it's dopamine and serotonin to it's full potential. May not have a wonderful comedown, but it feels nice. Be responsible, be safe.

1) It's true that taking amphetamines and mdma together is considerably harsher on your body/mind compared to either of them taken on their own. It's more stressful on your heart/cardiovascular system and brain mostly. Definitely not something you want to be doing regularly. Worse comedown too IME. Keep the d-amp dose low to reduce the harmful synergy the combo can cause.

From my understanding it's more toxic when the mdma has run its course and no more serotonin is being released while plenty of dopamine still is from the amps. I don't know the exact science behind it, but doing speed on the tail end or comedown of the mdma seems to feel harsher on the brain compared to having some speed hours before the mdma.

1b) Most likely. Not so much if you dose low.

1c) Mdma will cause some level of harm to you every use (like all recreational drugs). I don't know if it's neurotoxic everytime though, pretty sure it isn't but it'd also depend on the dose, how long and how many times you redose, your health etc. Pure mdma on its own, used responsibly isn't that bad though IMO.

It only has a small effect on dopamine, nowhere near that of amphetamines. I don't think the concept where dopamine enters and damages serotonin cells with mdma + amps is anything like or close to the way in which mdma works on its own, I could be wrong though.

1d) Pre/post-loading will do little, perhaps nothing in preventing the damage amphetamines and/or mdma may cause IMO. Having said that a healthy body/mind can repair itself faster and put up with more abuse than an unhealthy one. Taking a bunch of supplements doesn't make you healthy though, that is to do with the lifestyle you have at all times. Sure, they can help but don't rely on them to stop the harm amps/mdma may cause.

2) D-amp primarily releases dopamine and noradrenaline. It has a very tiny effect on serotonin in therapeutic doses. You would need quite a high dose of d-amp to have a decent effect on your serotonin, though obviously if mdma is involved it may take much less. I wouldn't think you'd be doing any irreversible damage by having the doses of d-amp you mentioned at that frequency.

2a) Regardless of the vitamins, supplements etc you're taking, if you're doing mdma consistently every 2 weeks you're likely to have that catch up with you. I'm not saying it will cause considerable damage or anything but it definitely won't be doing your brain any favours. A month would be better, though if you want to take mdma more frequently try and have a 1-3 month (or longer) break every so often. Your brain will thank you and it'll really help in keeping your tolerance down. Moderation is key.

Last edited:
Alright I think I'm getting it pretty well now.

Pre-loading will be mainly for when I want a clear head the whole time but it sounds like I'll be going back to not doing that a bit more often. I'll still take some emergenC after my peak and the next morning for some extra energy anyways. I haven't tried it yet but I'm thinking that taking 5-HTP the once a day for the first three days after sounds like it could help.

I guess if I use any dexamp it will be a low dose most of the time(9mg/30mg vyvanse, or 12mg/40mg vyvanse, just for some energy durring the roll), and I'll take it about an hour before I take my ecstasy since it takes longer to kick in. I'll wait at least 6 days before taking any more dexamp after this just to play it safe.
I've been tending to wait 3 to 5 weeks between doses so I'll just keep that up, probably with a few exceptions over summer to be honest.

So a few more questions came up now-
The past few months I've been under the impression that dosing twice in a night adds a lot more damage than dosing once. Is this the case?
And this is more out of curiosity, but a pill with a high amount of mdma(~120mg, at least, and no I'm not a retard, it had wayy more than any pokeball ever has), a medium-low dose of meth(enough to make you feel extra awesome but not feel dead when it's all worn off), and some dose of ketamine, would do a lot of damage to you serotonin cells from the meth, right? Those are all gone, but they were for sure the best time I've had pilling. I can keep myself from taking good pills like that but haven't actually looked up why they're extra bad(in my mind meth/PCP/DXM are the 3 not to do).

thanks a ton to everybody who answered

5-htp is a God send for MDMA.
I would pre load and post load with them all the time and I always had a good roll.

and the redosing.. with pills you need to take more the redose than you did the first roll. if you double dropped, then you would need to take 3-4 to redose just to feel it, taking just one wouldnt help. Meth on the other hand is just the same. you can just take a smaller redose, you wont feel it. you need to bump it up every time if its back to back.

^
I wasn't talking about how to re-dose, I've been thizzing enough to understand all that, I was asking if it'd be worse for you to dose one time two days in a row or to dose twice in one night. I find with a low tolerance I was able to dose about the same as the starting dose the second time, but with tolerance before that night I would need to raise the dose. Just what I found for myself.
Asking about meth, I meant in pills with plenty of mdma too. Knowing myself, I shouldn't be out bumping meth for fun. There's not a bad chance I'll end up doing it in a few years orally or something(snorting things has never worked as well for me as other people snorting the same thing, and I get massive nose bleeds, so I prefer orally on drugs that can be taken that way).

Doesn't taking 5-HTP prior to rolling hard really raise your chances of serotonin syndrome? I was planning on taking it after the peak has been gone for about an hour and once again the next few days

i took d-amphetamine the 1st time i rolled, when the effects (the little bit i felt...) started to dampen, and i was fine, the speed comedown was no worse or anything. didnt bring back the mild mild "roll" i felt the 1st time though.

^again, not asking about the feeling but about the health of my serotonin cells! The first few times I rolled were on (epicly awesome) pills that had meth in them. I assumed that it was normal to be real hyper(these were still smooth btw) and not sleep the night after taking. haha. Anyways I only have one memory of a bad comedown from a good pill that had lots of amp in it(first gen yellow dolphin! fun times).
It's like just plain mdma lacks something(not from tolerance) because the pills that used to flood WA were all better from also having a good combo of other drugs.

gah. fucking amphetamine comedown! anything that's good to take before, durring, and after, to ease comedown? I have a friend who gets no comedown(and they make him hyper and last a shitload longer than they do for me). bastard.

Weed is good. Benzos are also good for most comedowns, but I'd watch out taking it with any amphetamine (MDMA included).

^I used to smoke lots but don't at all anymore. Mostly trying to not take things that will make me in some way high or fucked up when trying to help aid comedowns. I'm thinking some pre/post loading of the right vitamins may help, I'll try it(and, I always eat plenty of healthy food on amp, it helps lots too).

amphetamine/methamphetamine would probably increase stress on serotonin receptors, as both drugs will put out serotonin, while amphetamine only puts out a bit, methamphetamine puts out a decent bit of serotonin, a lot moar than maphetamine. Also, the amphetamine would add stress to the dopamine receptors in all likelyhood..i mean i wouldnt be worried about serotonin damage, using amphetamine or methamphetamine. Why do you think tweakers never "lose the magic", because meth doesnt put out nearly as much serotonin as MDMA does. The longer halflife of methamphetamine would maybe have you rolling longer, but it would also deplete more serotonin of course. Sorry, for the rambling, high on 80mg of d-amphetamine right now.
quick edit: MDMA also puts out dopamine, but not nearly as much. I think either way youd damage your brain, with or without amphetamine. I would stay only with MDMA, amphetamine dulled MDMAs effects for me. I havent dabbled in meth so i dunno what meth+MDMA is liek.

Last edited:
^
Feel free to ramble when it's helping!

And that's a good point I hadn't thought of which pretty much ends my questions! I'll stick to either no amp, or a 30mg vyvanse 35ish minutes before taking the mdma. Too bad, but good to know! The meth questions were mostly wondering what everybody around here was doing the themselves the later part of 09.

Now I'll look up mixing foxy( 5-meo-dipt) with mdma!

oh and have fun crashing from 80mg dexamp, I couldn't imagine that! how highs your tolerance? Due to shitty crashes I pretty much only take 28-25mg dexamp in one dose, one time in a day now. Crashes are what keep me off amphetamines a decent amount of the time!

LSDMDMA&8285456 said:
amphetamine/methamphetamine would probably increase stress on serotonin receptors, as both drugs will put out serotonin, while amphetamine only puts out a bit, methamphetamine puts out a decent bit of serotonin, a lot moar than maphetamine. Also, the amphetamine would add stress to the dopamine receptors in all likelyhood..i mean i wouldnt be worried about serotonin damage, using amphetamine or methamphetamine. Why do you think tweakers never "lose the magic", because meth doesnt put out nearly as much serotonin as MDMA does. The longer halflife of methamphetamine would maybe have you rolling longer, but it would also deplete more serotonin of course. Sorry, for the rambling, high on 80mg of d-amphetamine right now.
quick edit: MDMA also puts out dopamine, but not nearly as much. I think either way youd damage your brain, with or without amphetamine. I would stay only with MDMA, amphetamine dulled MDMAs effects for me. I havent dabbled in meth so i dunno what meth+MDMA is liek.

To many errors in your logic to point out.

Look, when you take MDMA, a lot of shit happens inside your brain. One thing that happens, is that oxidized radicals are created. These are toxic molecules that attach to places they shouldn't (say, a serotonin neuron receptor). Through a similar method, basically the same thing happens when you take meth/amps. Anti-oxidants are useful because they can neutralize these toxic molecules. Unfortunately we can't say how much anti oxidants it would take to neutralize them all, or if regular doses really makes a difference.

But one concern is that amps won't just 'add' onto the damage, but it will actually increase the damage disproportionately because dopamine molecules are generally the ones that get broken down and become toxic. There fore taking them together is worse than taking them apart. This is my understanding of one of the theories on MDMA neurotoxicity. Unfortunately, I also can't tell you how much more damage will incur by taking them together, it might turn out to still be very minor, or it could actually be making a big difference in damage... I don't think anyone really has a concrete answer on that.

Still to many unanswered questions...

^
My mind was along those lines, I haven't taken every word anybodies been saying too deeply, just getting ideas. I'm planning on taking caffeine with mdma instead of amp for the most part now. I'll go back to taking mdma/amp combo pills if they're the best around though.

Also will space out amp and mdma time to keep my noradrenaline or whatever high enough that everything perfect when I take my next pills, which are...

INTERNET SIGN POKEBALLS BITCHES. Like, 3 years old? I'm guessing more mdma and caffeine than current pokes. and I'm not in cali or around the pokeball area. ha!