• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Modern Family

hellkitten

Bluelighter
As far as television goes I've been less than impressed with shows lately... (I guess excluding South Park and Ugly Americans)... but Modern Family has made me laugh out loud many times. I've only seen the first 6 episodes but it's climbing on my "MUST WATCH!" weekly ladder which currently is just South Park and Ugly Americans.

Reasons to Watch:
Al Bundy.
Al Bundy.... needs no explanation. If you grew up in the 70s or even 80s you will understand.
Ty Burrell
Dawn of Dead. Asshole. Awesome.
Married Humor
If you're married, and even if you're not.
Teen humor
Some teens won't get it, but you will from when you were a teen.
Family humor
Everyone can relate.
Ethnic humor
Everyone can relate.

PREVIEW ON YOUTUBE

Anyway, if you haven't seen it... you should :)

Funny...I've only caught a single episode of this (I rarely watch sitcoms of any kind these days), but what I saw was absolutely brilliant. One of the best comedies on television, up with My Name is Earl.

Saw bits of it haphazardly when it showed here .........but I gotta watch MOAR to really appreciate it I guess!

I haven't laughed this hard since the last time I stopped by the Words forum. Highly recommend.

I've seen a good amount of episodes. I really do like it. I don't think the OP means "Al Bundy" but "Archie Bunker."
Al Bundy was the 90's and totally a lame excuse for a man and character. I can't think of any character in Modern Family that acts remotely like him.

Archie Bunker was during the 70's and 80's and was a total racist and misogynist, and was basically a social commentary on the state of the average "middle" American mindset. I think Ed O'Neill's character, the older man married to the younger Colombian woman, is kind of like a grown up, and much more restrained version of Archie Bunker. The main difference between Modern Family and Archie Bunker, is that the characters in Modern Family actually learn lessons and seem to act differently over the course of the season. Compare Ed O'Neill's character in the first episode of the first season to the way he acts lately.

Yeah this show is funny as hell, at least for a major network. Bundy is back!!

i like it. a nice break with humor that is reachable for many ages and types of people and also not too slap-sticky... the show is actually funny and the characters (or caricatures) are likable. sounds like an easy concept to do... but where else on television do you really see the funny part attained?

I love this show! I never miss an episode! All the actors have great comedic timing I think. They were filming here on Maui recently and a couple of my friends got to work on the set. I can't wait for that episode to come out!

i think this show blows, the gay couple and columbian women ruin everything, that sort of humor is so sophomoric in my eyes

this show wishes it could touch what arrested development had going

with hbo on fire, i really can't see a remotely funny television show appearing on network TV ever again

unless you are a 15 year old or an old person ;)

I think Always Sunny in Philadelphia is quirky funny and always good for a quick and easy laugh. It's not a thinking man's show, but it's goofy enough.

I like it because it's pure sitcom funny. Want something else, watch something else.