• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sega420

Bluelighter
brilliant movie -
just watched it all. great script, acting, everything.

you feel for the characters, which is refreshing :)

movie link -
Leaves of Grass

Good film.

It's written and directed by Tim Blake Nelson (the little guy from O' Brother Where Art Thou?) and stars Edward Norton, Richard Dreyfus and Susan Sarandon.

The film uses an absurd narrative context to make a commentary about form or lack thereof in art and life. It's entertaining in an intellectual, non-arrogant sort of way.

Watch it for Norton's performance alone (you'll see what I mean).

oh yeah, IMO his performance was flawless.
really captured the feeling of brothers. and the video layering where both his characters were on screen was done extremely well :)

was the whole jewish drug lord who's crew uses crossbows a joke? thought it was pretty entertaining.. a little cheesy but a good flic none the less.

film: leaves of green

oh well, why not, i wouldn't have gone out of my way to see this one but it came up the pipe so see it i did. good flick. it's not a movie that demands expectations, which suits it just fine. there's some humour, some slice-of-life, and something left to take away after it ends. all in all, quite transcended my expectations. despite edward norton playing two separate roles (as twin brothers) the noticeable difference between the characters is startlingly genuine. anyway, it's certainly worth two hours out of anyone's life

I saw this one a while back online....thought it was a little thrown together and despite me being a big fan of Fight Club, American History X, and many others he has been in, this one was a miss IMO.

I'll watch it if they put it in one of the boxes. I'm too broke for Netflix.

damnyouwaltwhitman.png

I can't hear Leaves of Grass anymore without hearing this episode in my head.

FUCK! i did a search too and nothing showed up. i guess i forgot to filter out the canna discussion results

FILM: Leaves of Grass (Edward Norton)

Synopsis: Bill Kincaid, a college classics professor is lured home from the Ivy League to the backwoods of Southeastern Oklahoma by his identical twin, a hedonistic, pot- smoking career criminal. Kincaid finds that Plato and Marcus Aurelius have ill-prepared him for dealing with a gang of homicidal yokels

Anybody else seen this?

I just watched it and thought it was awesome.

4.9 / 5

More later, it's late and my lids are closing of their own accord. :)

Stellar performance by Ed.

leaves_of_grass.jpg

going to download it now :\

edit: now ive watched it and it was awesome 4/5

Last edited:
S
Anybody else seen this?

I just watched it and thought it was awesome.

4.9 / 5

More later, it's late and my lids are closing of their own accord. :)

I've always been a big fan of Ed and I had not seen a decent flick in a while up until I had seen this. The film in itself was an unexpected by myself so I was quite surprised with how the storyline panned out and was equally impressed with the efficacy in Ed's role playing twins.
I was glad that it was him as an actor to be the one to redeem my bad movie watching streak :)

Lovveed it. Watched the other day and it was fantastic :)

I'd describe it as intellectual/slightly philosophical stoner fare. I liked it and pretty much enjoy Edward Norton in any movie. I also liked it because I feel like it "outed" some other actors as pot smokers too. for example, I know that just because Richard Dreyfuss, Ty Burrell, or Susan Sarandon is in this movie doesn't automatically mean they enjoy cannabis but I almost feel like they're winking at all the smokers who've watched it while saying "Now you know a bit more about me than you did before." I don't imagine an anti-drug actor would get involved in a project like this.