• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Catheter Thread

down508

Bluelighter
Anyone here shoot up so regularly that the safest option is to just leave a catheter in throughout the day and mainline whenever they please? If so this is the thread for you. It seems like if you do it well and keep everything sterile it will protect your veins much more then jabbing them over and over. anyone with any experience with this simple solution?

somehow i don't think there's going to be anyone around here with a catheter port. i'm not knocking your thread but there's never really been much discussion of this topic which has passed through here

Well I personally inserted a central line into my jugular vein, and it's been working pretty well.

The only annoying part is the multitude of questions people ask about it throughout the day. Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them I have cancer, and the port is for my chemotherapy drugs, and then I have to chloroform them and lock them in my trunk.

But overall I'm happy with it.

Haha. Yeah how'd you explain it to people? Where could you place it where you could cover it up? And if you did, I imagine it can slip out or tear your vein. *cringe* I did that once. Probably not a good idea unless you're bed ridden or in a hospital.

Well I personally inserted a central line into my jugular vein, and it's been working pretty well.

The only annoying part is the multitude of questions people ask about it throughout the day. Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them I have cancer, and the port is for my chemotherapy drugs, and then I have to chloroform them and lock them in my trunk.

But overall I'm happy with it.

could you elaborate a bit more on it?

Yeah, when I got diagnosed with Cancer I spent 18 days in the hospital after surgery. I had one of these ports, and was a bad boy and had someone bring me some dope and I shot it through the port a few times lol. Stupid, I know. At least I'm on the 'done now.

Yeah I've used picc lines, portacaths and iv's, you catch infections quite easily but it's such less of a hassle this way. But yeah I have a lot of experience with this. Plus you get to use more water (in the range of 3-10mls), and I find using more water really helps all the drug absorb. If you have any questions shoot.

It's never a good idea to use ports, picc lines, main lines, whatever, to IV street drugs or pills. You will end up catching life-threatening infections that you don't want. I can't stress it enough how dangerous this practice is...

well if i wear one around people usually don't ask out of respect. i've only been asked about it once or twice and said i needed it because i have a genetic condition that requires careful nutritient monitering. i've never delt with an infection due to catheter use luckily and i wear one every weekend

It's never a good idea to use ports, picc lines, main lines, whatever, to IV street drugs or pills. You will end up catching life-threatening infections that you don't want. I can't stress it enough how dangerous this practice is...

And you know this as fact? Is there a study to back up your claims? With portacaths and picc lines, i would incline to agree, because its a permanent fixture inside of you that is foreign, which is a perfect breeding spot for bacteria. But what's wrong with using a IV catheder? I think, in the interest of harm reduction, it would be a much better choice. Iv'ng medications is dangerous, but it's doubly so when you have to find veins a few times a day, and not using proper sterile technique. Yet on the other hand someone using and IV cathedar most likely will follow through with sterile technique, be able to use the same vein without continous pokes, and then pull the IV and let your immune system heal any bacteria that was present.

If you have proof that IV'ng 3-5 times a day versus using a IV cathedar is safer then i would love to read about it.

well can you, Trigeminal, cause i'm calling bullshit on your catheter installed:\

I'm pretty sure he was joking...

"The only annoying part is the multitude of questions people ask about it throughout the day. Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them I have cancer, and the port is for my chemotherapy drugs, and then I have to chloroform them and lock them in my trunk." 8)

brilliant solution to bunged up veins - get yourself a foley catheter and after you fill it with street rubbish just sqeeze the bag . right up the urethra - simpletons

I'm pretty sure he was joking...

"The only annoying part is the multitude of questions people ask about it throughout the day. Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them I have cancer, and the port is for my chemotherapy drugs, and then I have to chloroform them and lock them in my trunk." 8)

Yeah just the kind of thing we don't like in these serious threads in od. Save that shit for the lounge yanno?..

And you know this as fact? Is there a study to back up your claims? With portacaths and picc lines, i would incline to agree, because its a permanent fixture inside of you that is foreign, which is a perfect breeding spot for bacteria. But what's wrong with using a IV catheder? I think, in the interest of harm reduction, it would be a much better choice. Iv'ng medications is dangerous, but it's doubly so when you have to find veins a few times a day, and not using proper sterile technique. Yet on the other hand someone using and IV cathedar most likely will follow through with sterile technique, be able to use the same vein without continous pokes, and then pull the IV and let your immune system heal any bacteria that was present.

If you have proof that IV'ng 3-5 times a day versus using a IV cathedar is safer then i would love to read about it.

I personally was hours from death due to a blood infection manifested in a portacath. I have however never used a pic or portacath with "homebrew" solutions.

I know of one person who has, without infectious results, but I warn all thinking about trying this.

The idea of having an IV in for this use isn't that great. If you could get a nurse to install a picc line, follow dressing proceedures, and have pharm grade injectibles there would be no problem. The issue here is that you need MJ money for that kind of doctor care.