• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth, isopropyl, water - evaporation processes

JeebusGreen

Greenlighter
Mods, feel free to move to BDD or OD if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where exactly was appropriate.

Before anyone points it out: I understand this is not the best way to do what I am attempting. However, not having the time to dry epsom salts and not able to get acetone at the moment I'm just going ahead and seeing what I can do with this.

I'm attempting a quick fix (and also just for experimental purposes) on a small amount of adulterated methamphetamine I have. I dissolved it in isopropyl alcohol (99.7% pure, not completely anhydrous) in the bottom of a glass. By carefully tipping the glass I was able to leave some small crystals and bits and pieces that wouldn't dissolve in one area, and am leaving the solution to dry.

When heated slightly (under a desk lamp), a bit of frosting formed up the glass as though something has recrystallised/condensed from vapour. What might this be? It seems as though it only happened very initially.

Secondly, if there was some small amount of water in there, how will it affect the process as the alcohol evaporates off?

In fact, if you dissolved meth in a small amount of water, then let it dry out, what would the end result be?

I had something like the exposure of water then drying. I got some stuff free from my person because it was rained on there was this kinda powdery coating in the bag instead of pretty pretty crystals so i just scraped the bag and crushed the powder up and snorted it (i only buy straight from source for reinsurance of uncut product) it was a little weaker than normal but it still got me there pretty good a HG later lol

This is not very advanced discussion.

"[methamphetamine hydrochloride] is freely soluble in water, in ethanol (95) and in chloroform, and practically insoluble in diethyl ether."

Other things that are soluble in alcohol include MSM, sugars (poorly sol.) and ephedrine.

That said, alcohol (isopropyl is close enough) should dissolve the methamphetamine HCl fairly nicely, leaving behind some of the cuts and shit. Water in your alcohol will increase solubility of nonpolar cuts like glucose, & will also increase the amount of m-amp that dissolves.
Whatever is left behind is either undissolved m-amp or alcohol-insoluble cuts.

In fact, if you dissolved meth in a small amount of water, then let it dry out, what would the end result be?

Slightly dirtier meth crystals. You'd also remove water-insoluble stuff.
Meth HCl is hygroscopic, meaning it will suck water out of the surrounding air, so it could be tricky to dry it completely.