• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opiates for hemorrhoid

willywooper

Greenlighter
I think that I have an external hemorrhoid on my anus. It is a bean sized lump and slightly purple in appearance. Pooping causes light bleeding. Any chance on Hydros or Percs for pain ??? (It sincerely hurts to walk... pooping is like passing glass shards)

We can't tell you what you'll get for pain, or try to help you get anything. Just visit a doctor and see what they recommend. If it doesn't work, ask to try something else.

no chance dude. Opiates make you constipated. doesn't sound like a great combo to me.

Thanks for your input Nib, but I don't think there is any problem with me asking if I will get anything to dull the pain if I spend the little money I have to see a doctor. I know they cant cure it so pain treatment is the only reason Id go see a doctor (IT HURTS TO WALK). Thanks for all other sensible non-useless post!

Thanks for your input Nib, but I don't think there is any problem with me asking if I will get anything to dull the pain if I spend the little money I have to see a doctor. I know they cant cure it so pain treatment is the only reason Id go see a doctor (IT HURTS TO WALK). Thanks for all other sensible non-useless post!

I was prescribed 5/500 vicodin for this yesterday. You should know that your condition sounds like you have a thrombosed hemmoroid, which is the most painful and persistent kind. My doctor also prescribed a custom compounded cream with lidocaine, a steroid, and ibuprofen which is supposed to be excellent ( the lab is still making it.) Also, you should be taking a mineral-oil based stool softener every day, 2 hours apart from any other meds. Good luck!!

I think i've developed internal hemorids or am just tearing my arse to shreds when taking a big massive shit which hurts like hell.

It comes and goes, I only really get worried when theres deep red blood mixed in with my stools.

Im not a guru on hemmoroids but on the tv programme, "embarresing bodies" some guy had massive external ones and had them removed surgically.

It comes and goes, I only really get worried when theres deep red blood mixed in with my stools.

Bright red blood would indicate a tear or cut near the end of your "poop chute" but if it is deep, dark colored blood that indicated that you more than likely have some other issue further up, in your intestines or stomach. Definitely get that checked out ASAP

Bright red blood would indicate a tear or cut near the end of your "poop chute" but if it is deep, dark colored blood that indicated that you more than likely have some other issue further up, in your intestines or stomach. Definitely get that checked out ASAP

This is absolutely right. Just wanted to emphasize to the poster to see a doc soon, you should probably have a colonoscopy.

bright red blood is almost always just hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. its not an OMG DOCTOR situation...

when you have the dark blood that looks like coffee grounds, you are bleeding somewhere higher up internally, then a doctor visit should be high up on your list of things to do.

bright red blood is almost always just hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. its not an OMG DOCTOR situation...

when you have the dark blood that looks like coffee grounds, you are bleeding somewhere higher up internally, then a doctor visit should be high up on your list of things to do.

what, dont pass along this bad advice man. If there is ever blood in the toilet after you take a crap, not matter wtf it looks like, you need to go to a doctor fucking IMMEDIATELY. Shit aint no joke

That sounds like a bad idea. I understand you are in pain but the opiate constipation that you will have could make this SOOO much worse in my opinion.

what, dont pass along this bad advice man. If there is ever blood in the toilet after you take a crap, not matter wtf it looks like, you need to go to a doctor fucking IMMEDIATELY. Shit aint no joke

Yeah, seriously. If it happens once or twice, I could see someone taking a pass on a doctor, but if it's a common thing, go get it checked out.

Yeah man I know, I don't fancy having my "poop chute" investigated.

It happened quite awhile ago now and hasn't re-occured so I think i'll leave it until it re-occurs.

It did look quite a site, too many opiates and inactivity I reckon.

I know opiate constipation is the main culprit for constipatation etc but what about paractomol?

Its not ment to affect the digestive tract like NSAIDS but I do wonder8)

Thing is I need the opiates for back pain....if the doc puts it down to opiate use/abuse im off those meds, and back to square one...unemployed and in total pain.

Meds in question are co-codamol 30/500, 2 every 4 hours and tramadol 400mg daily.

If you actually take the meds every 4 hours then you are ingesting 6000mg of acetaminophen (paracetamol) a day, which is really damaging to your liver (4000mg a day is the maximum for short-term usage.) Acetaminophen does not cause constipation.

Constipation generally causes you problems on the bottom end of the digestive tract, like with hemorrhoids and other such issues. What I don't think you're understanding is that darker blood from farther up usually signals much more serious issues, like cancer or even bowel ischemia. It is definitely worth exploring because of the seriousness of these possible issues.

If you're going to use opiates to deal with the pain, you need to make sure that you don't neglect treating the actual hemorrhoid itself. You don't want to make the mistake of treating the pain and not the actual cause.

You also need to make sure that the constipation from the opiates doesn't just make things worse. Using opiates can make your movements larger and harder (due to lack of frequency and buildup), putting a lot more stress on your anus. This is actually what causes hemorrhoids sometimes. So, passing a huge turd might end up hurting a lot more than if you tough it out without the opiates.

Ibuprofen helps too, no need for an opiate, unless your doctor says otherwise.

no its called a fischer or some shit right? that sucks man. no opiates wont help. prep h will. christ. when i was little i got something that sounds like that had to get it surgically removed or something i dunno fucked up sorry to hear about anus blood too. Bright red means its near your asshole the dark red means its inside deeper than just a finger......wow I dunno why I said that trying to help