• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Severe mouth ulcers after mephedrone

scoxx

Greenlighter
This may have no relation to the mephedrone...but it seems coincidential that the day after I had some I woke up with really swollen lymph nodes in my neck (around my jaw and under my chin). I felt a bit rubbish, shivery, tired etc but just associated that with the comedown. The day after that I wake up with multiple ulcers on my gums, throat, tongue, roof and floor of mouth. I've probably had about 2 ulcers in my life, so to all of a sudden get such a severe outbreak seems a bit weird. I can hardly eat or drink as it's unbelievably painful. I didn't take the mephedrone orally (although obviously get the throat drip from sniffing) so I cant imagine it being a direct chemical irritation type thing...Anyone else had anything like this from mephedrone?

I know ulcers can be caused from being run down/stressed etc so it may just be that I suppose...but I've just got such an insane amount!

Aphthous ulcers are thought to form when the body becomes aware of and attacks chemicals which it does not recognize.Linky
I'm thinking this could be the cause, or that the Meph was cut with salt or is generally a "salty" chemical (I'm not sure if that's possible though ofcourse).

Do you have sores or rash on other parts of your body (specifically the hands or feet), or other symptoms like lethargy, sore throat or mild fever?

If yes, you may have hand foot and mouth disease. While it's pretty uncommon for adults to get it, it does happen. Usually an adult's immune system can fight it off, but if you're run down because of drug overuse or stress in general, you may be susceptible. I got it when I was 17 and living in close quarters with an infant and using stimulants frequently. The only symptoms I felt from it was first getting a bunch of little sores in my mouth, then my palms became itchy, and I developed sores there too. It was alarming at first, but once I knew what it was, It is actually a pretty mild sickness and went away in a week or two.

Just a thought, hope it helps.

be safe and have fun.

No hand or feet rash/itchiness. I do have sore throat, fever and fatigue but I know these symptoms can be attributed to lots of things. I suppose if it doesnt go away in a week or so I'll pop to the doctors...it's just immensely painful and frustrating! I just wondered if anyone else had suffered similar things with meph...I've heard people having problems with their nose (nosebleeds, septum and sinus infections) and the stuff seems pretty heavy (burns like hell to snort) so probably doesnt do your mouth much good either I guess. The risk you take with RC's though!

im the same after taking quite a bit on saturday, all the back of my tongue is ulcery, and the inside of my cheeks right at the back of my mouth are in agony too. not sure if thats ulcers though or if ive been having a wee chew ..

maybe use some oragel for a few days to help numb the pain?? <-- i put question marks because im not sure if it's safe to do. but it should get rid of some pain.

EDIT: i mean it's not a "cure" so you'd still need to find the root of the problem.. but it could help along the way.
*IF IT'S SAFE TO USE ON THEM*

If your jaw is swollen it could be from grinding your teeth where you could have bitten or messed up the inside of your mouth without realizing and those abrasions probably turned into ulcers.

I know when I am on higher doses of stimulants I am bad about rolling my tongue and causing ulcers for the next couple of days. Try taking some magnesium to prevent this from happening and allow time for the ulcers to heal before taking any stimulant again.

My friend had similar symptoms after trying meph & went to the Dr. after a few days b/c it wasn't getting better. It was diagnosed as Thrush - a yeast infection of the mucus membranes in the mouth & throat. He was treated for Thrush & started getting better the next day.

This was a few years ago so I don't recall how long he took to completely heal, but I do know it was his last experiment w/ meph.

I don't think it's from gurning/chewing. I definately do this but usually just end up with sores on the inside of my cheeks etc. I even have ulcers on the roof of my mouth (pretty sure I can't chew that!). You may have a very good point with the oral thrush though...I have a pretty horrific taste in my mouth no matter how much I brush/rinse with mouthwash (lovely!).

SWIM tried 250mg of mephadrone for the first time last night but while the experience was somewhat pleasant, heart is literally aching from 12 hours of very fast and powerful pulpitations and glands behind jaw are swollen and painful for first time in life.