Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Frasier

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
frasier_cast.jpg

When I was younger, I absolutely hated this show. I thought it was incredibly boring, and couldn't see the appeal. But over the last 6 months or so, I got sick of watching the news before I got ready for work in the mornings, and decided to switch channels and put Frasier on instead. Much to my surprise, I actually started getting into it. And furthermore, I reveled in the inevitable catastrophes that would unfold each episode.

So, fast forward a few months and my birthday was approaching. My brother asked what I wanted, and as usual, I couldn't think of anything. So opted for the entire series of Frasier as a kinda default thing. I've rapidly made my way through almost six seasons in three months. It's quite surprising considering that every episode is essentially the same. At least the outcome is always the same.

So, are there any other fans out there?. Favourite episodes etc?. :D

Clip. :D

LOVE IT !!
The show where they try to score some Caviar is a classic !!!

And the one where they think they ae Russian Royalty.

i have been dvr-ing this show for the past few months. it is actually on up to four times a day around here. i have the same feelings about it... it just be that it is more 'adult' or 'older' humor that as a teenager or whatever age i did not get or appreciate.
there are some definite flop episodes out there (and the gag of roz being the town bicycle is getting a bit annoying) but as the show matured and went on i think it has gotten better.

I've been watching this show since I was really young (since it started really). I'm sure I didnt understand all of the humor when I was 6 but there was stupid humor as well so I found it funny even back then.

Same here. Was too young when it started but my parents always watched it and I just loved the theme tune - Kelsey Grammar has a great voice - I love it now, watch it all the time.
The episode with Patrick Stewart as the gay opera director was genius

I used to hate it myself, but started watching it a few months ago since it was on before Seinfeld and I realised just how good it is.

The show where they try to score some Caviar is a classic !!!

Hahaha, yeah!. :D

And the one where they pretend to be Jewish ("Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz"). =D

and the gag of roz being the town bicycle is getting a bit annoying

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I think it's the same with any sitcom, there's always a predictable joke at the ready which is based on a recurring theme.

I've just finished season 6 and the last episode had me absolutely cackling away. =D

Skip to 5:30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_YYnMUTzY

Brilliant. =D

Quite possibly the most boring show in existence, in my not-so-humble opinion.

^
Nah this show is great! The first 8 seasons were the gold in my opinion, then the last few were so-so. I think Season 8 was around 9/11 and I know some people involved in making the show were killed in the terrorist attacks.

The wittyness of the jokes is great and everyone plays their roles perfectly! The juxtaposition between the father and Frasier and Niles is displayed perfectly and it's cool to see how their relationship grows and changes. Plus there's the obvious growth of the relationship between Niles and Daphne.

The episode "Moon Dance" in Season 3 where Niles takes Daphne to a ball after separating from Maris is one of the best episodes I've seen of any show. It really showcased David Hyde Pierce's talent as an actor.

The episode where Marty gets high is probably the best/funniest drug episode I've seen of any show (Simpsons marijuana episode a close second).

Love this show!

^
Nah this show is great! The first 8 seasons were the gold in my opinion, then the last few were so-so. I think Season 8 was around 9/11 and I know some people involved in making the show were killed in the terrorist attacks.

The wittyness of the jokes is great and everyone plays their roles perfectly! The juxtaposition between the father and Frasier and Niles is displayed perfectly and it's cool to see how their relationship grows and changes. Plus there's the obvious growth of the relationship between Niles and Daphne.

The episode "Moon Dance" in Season 3 where Niles takes Daphne to a ball after separating from Maris is one of the best episodes I've seen of any show. It really showcased David Hyde Pierce's talent as an actor.

The episode where Marty gets high is probably the best/funniest drug episode I've seen of any show (Simpsons marijuana episode a close second).

Love this show!
Spot on.

Anyone who likes this show has good taste.

Love it, love it, love it.

I haven't seen that one yet. Can you remember what series it's in?. :)

The episode with weed is the Christmas episode in the last season (Season 11), "High Holidays". I don't want to say anything else about it, but I always thought it was a really great episode. One of the best episodes in the last season.

Prior to seeing this thread, I had recently started watching the repeats on TV again. They've been going through the first 2 seasons and it's made me want to watch the whole series over again. Think I just might. I know/remember most of the jokes, but there's some I still chuckle at no matter how many times I see them. I think it's that the delivery is just too perfect.

Usually Season 1 episodes of sitcoms are hard to swallow, especially when you're used to the usually better episodes in the following seasons. The thing that was great about Season 1 on Frasier, was that the characters didn't need to seem like they had a great bond or were long time friends or anything. None of them knew Daphne or Roz yet, Niles didn't see the father much, and Frasier hadn't seen Niles or Martin in a long time, so if they seemed awkward at all it just added to the depth of the story. Usually it's the opposite. The only characters who had to seem close in the beginning were Martin and Eddie, and that was accomplished. :)

Eddie's awesome btw. =D

I also wholeheartedly agree that Daphne is hot!:D She looks best around seasons 3-7. She was still attractive on Seinfeld, but she got a lot hotter as she got a little older. Roz was also hot, but Daphne was definitely hotter. Plus, the accent is just dandy.;)

The episode with weed is the Christmas episode in the last season (Season 11), "High Holidays". I don't want to say anything else about it, but I always thought it was a really great episode. One of the best episodes in the last season.

Aw, thanks a lot for that. :)

I'm nearing the end of season 8 atm. It's so easy to steam through a vast amount of episodes in such a short space of time as they're only 20 mins or so long. They've stopped putting it on in the mornings here now, which is just as well as I was getting jumbled up between my DVD and TV viewing. So I now cram two episodes in as I'm getting ready for work. It lifts my spirits a bit as I go through my typically unexciting morning routine. :)

Usually Season 1 episodes of sitcoms are hard to swallow, especially when you're used to the usually better episodes in the following seasons. The thing that was great about Season 1 on Frasier, was that the characters didn't need to seem like they had a great bond or were long time friends or anything. None of them knew Daphne or Roz yet, Niles didn't see the father much, and Frasier hadn't seen Niles or Martin in a long time, so if they seemed awkward at all it just added to the depth of the story. Usually it's the opposite. The only characters who had to seem close in the beginning were Martin and Eddie, and that was accomplished. :)

Yeah, I agree. I think you kinda got to know everyone at the exact same pace as the actual characters, which puts you in their position somewhat. And of course, that made it easier to relate or sympathise with everyone a whole lot more. You don't feel you have to catch up with any back story, because you're catching up with them. :)

Eddie's awesome btw. =D

Huh, I love him too. The way he just sits there with his tongue poking out a lil' bit. :D

eddie-frasier-thumb.jpg

Roz was also hot, but Daphne was definitely hotter.

Again, I agree. But for me, Roz is the one with the sexy voice. I just love the way she says, "hey Frasier", with that slight drawl. <3

I'll also admit to having a bit of a crush on Lilith too (there's no limit to how low I'll stoop :D).

1196540894570.jpg

:D

Nice avatar, tambo. :)

Did you end up finishing the series Tribal? I think I've actually only seen the last episode once or twice.

I've been re-watching them in order after seeing this thread. About to finish up season 7. It's been really great watching the number of romantic situations Niles and Daphne get into over the seasons before Daphne finally finds out about Niles loving her in Back Talk in Season 7. The look of shock on Daphne's face when she finds out is priceless. Almost as good as the completely awkward and vulnerable way she stands and greets Niles when he comes over later.

That episode is really a changing point in the series. After that Daphne never looks at Niles the same again. In the episodes thereafter it's pretty evident that she's having mixed feelings about Donnie and about her relationship with Niles.

The writers and actors both did such an awesome job with the character development in the show. Re-watching has been a lot of fun so far. Some parts are still funny no matter how many times I've seen them. :D