• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Green tea...What do you guy think ?

jamesmartin

Bluelighter
ok so ive been on a d-amp binge for the last 2 days. Ive had hardly any sleep, and i feel like utter shite tbh . . .

Was reading around, and i found out that green tea is actually really good for building dopamine levels if you have it on a daily basis.

Which is good for me as i could probably use it after using d-amp (to help brain recover) which i use time to time. ... i also have pretty low motivation which i was wondering if green tea could help ?

But i was wondering if this is just some sort of myth or does it actually work ?

SO im asking you guys who drink green tea on a pretty regular basis just for the hell of it, or for those that use it to recover from amps or dopamine stimulating drugs . . .

How has it worked for you ? have you seen improvements in your motivation, learning, etc . from the high dopamine levels from the tea ? and ya , what are your general views on green tea ?

Not so much. Dopamine is replenished reasonably fast. Usually, a good dinner and full nights sleep will have you good by morning.

If I am mixing caffeine with d-amp, green tea is definitely my favorite, because I feel it's less likely to stain my teeth, and it has less caffeine. Of course, that brings up how caffeine really doesn't motivate me, doesn't make me feel more euphoric, and actually decreases focus on amphetamines. A cup of black tea or coffee will make my sweat so much worse on amphetamines, and a coffee alone is worse than 20mg d-amp alone for sweats.

I just drinks it because I like it, holding the cup warms my fingers when amps make them cold, and sometimes to offset a bit of sedation from downers if I don't want to add more amps to the mix.

EDIT: I really don't think it'll do much for your dopamine levels (at least compared to a bit of protein), but, the L-theanine in green tea also helps it be a little more calming than other caffeinated alternatives. It's a pretty healthy drink overall, so don't think I'm dismissing it. It's just that d-amp is my perfect stim already.

I drink a ton of tea, both black and green, and especially when on amphetamines. It helps. A hot cup of tea is always soothing, which is definitely helpful after being awake for awhile. With a little sugar and milk, green tea is really relaxing and yummy.

Really, 5-HTP helps a ton and is super cheap. Also, as sarsXdave was saying, protein is good for brain function. Even if it's just a bit of peanut butter or tofu or whatever you prefer, that helps. I know it's hard to eat on amp, but it's better for your brain, which ultimately makes tweaking more enjoyable.

at use it to recover from amps or dopamine stimulating drugs . . .

How has it worked for you ? have you seen improvements in your motivation, learning, etc . from the high dopamine levels from the tea ? and ya , what are your general views on green tea ?[/B]

i think green tea is fantastic just drinking it, tastes great. i drink it fairly regularly and actually have found it's quite good at stabilising moods along with baclofen i use as a muscle relaxant and anxiety issues.

i just changed the thread prefix as well as to reflect the subject more accurately

All tea helps me on with stimulant comedowns. White Tea , Green Tea, Camomile ,valernian ..ect they all have the uses.

Does anyone find any effects in helping concerntration or motivation ?

Last night I drank 3 mugs of green tea with matcha in a row . I brewed each mug for 3 mins before drinking ....

I found that it kinda felt like a really low dose of amphetamies !
I felt like I really wanted to acheive something , and do something productive. I also felt quite excited (hard to explain)
but the feeling was like a very suttle effect similar to amps .
Even the day after the effects are here .

Anyone get this ? And i don't think it was a placebo :-S

white tea, for example Pai Mu Tan, beats black or green down . it's all in the flavor . dunno anything about medicinal properties .

@jamesmartin Good earth white tea with citrus for whatever reason stimulates me like nothing else. Similar to a low amphet dose but no side effects.

Green tea is pretty relaxing and doesn't have that nasty sweaty/jittery feelings that black tea/yerba mate has on me. Also, for some reason, yerba mate makes me feel like my methadone dose isn't holding me after I drink it... nasty stuff.

I'm drinking a cup of green tea and I just took a gram of phenibut... good times :)

I drink a ton of tea, both black and green, and especially when on amphetamines. It helps. A hot cup of tea is always soothing, which is definitely helpful after being awake for awhile. With a little sugar and milk, green tea is really relaxing and yummy.

Really, 5-HTP helps a ton and is super cheap. Also, as sarsXdave was saying, protein is good for brain function. Even if it's just a bit of peanut butter or tofu or whatever you prefer, that helps. I know it's hard to eat on amp, but it's better for your brain, which ultimately makes tweaking more enjoyable.

The thing is you should avoid tofu in high amounts. Tofu and other soy products are known to have effects on the thyroid and in long-term high-amounts of soy/tofu consumption can cause hypothyroidism amongst other issues.

M.minkoff

Isn't 5-htp for serotonin lol.
I know amps affect serotonin , but no where near how much they affect dopamine. You need tyrosine for dopamine building

My pinch of salt is to scour holland and barrat (dont know if theyre international - im in England) for various herbal remedies which promote overall wellbeing.
Green tea, chamomile, valerian, passionflower,piperine,tyrosine,5-HTP,L-Phenylalanine and even st john's wort (watch out, its a MAOI) will all contribute towards an improvement to general outlook on life, a good nights sleep and a feeling of placidity, and this will naturally carry through to motivation etc. As a previous poster has already observed dopamine levels will restore themselves naturally pretty rapidly.
Just try to avoid anything "narcotic" as most if not all narcotics have pitfalls due to their powerful nature.

Green tea also apparenlty can reduce oxidative stress from drug use I just found out

Just thought I'd say :)

Green tea is an amazing drink that everyone should consume 3-4 times daily. I dont know about how well it interacts with your drugs, but you may feel some effects if you've never drank it and you don't have a high caffeine diet.

Fun tip: Mixing green tea with your marijuana is infinitely better than mixing tobacco with your marijuana.

i posted in the herbal remedy /benzo alternative thread, sencha green tea makes me feel real good, takes away anxious feelings,
but its pretty expensive