Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on an Airplane

Dr. J

Bluelight Crew
Tripping on a Plane

Have any of you ever thought of dropping while on a flight? I am flying this Friday, commercially, and am toying with the idea of eating some acid before I board.
Now, I know there would certainly be things to be cautious of, but I think the rush during takeoff and watching the land below would be awesome! My only concern would be knowing that I am stuck in this huge metal cylinder for 3 1/2 hours at 30,000 feet.
Any thoughts on this?
Dr. J
------------------
Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least you'll take the
scenic route.

A couple years back I flew from Edmonton to Vancover (1hr flight) during my peak on 2 hits of good blotter. It was really amusing. Taking off was a really great feeling for a few seconds I felt like there was zero gravity. Flying over the mountains was great also.
All in all it was a really fun experiance and if your a guy that can handle his acid well then go for it.
Don't forget your sunglasses though. The last thing a stewrtess wants to see is some kid staring out a window muttering nonsence with huge pupils.
PEACE
------------------
"Who is the one person that is guaranteed to be at your funeral?"

Ummm.......No. Let's see:
-National Guardspeople with guns all over the airport
-general anxious and cautious vibe everywhere
-increased security checks
-being stuck in a metal cylinder 30,000 feet above the ground with no where else to go
-being cramped in a tiny seat for hours next to who know's what kind of person
Fuck that, right now people that are flying or that work in airports are looking for anyone who is acting strange; that is a good way to cause some real panic for you and for the other people flying (if you were to start flippin' out).
I have had the misfortune of having to get on a plane still high on LSD from the night before. It was not an enjoyable experience. I am glad that I had several milligrams of xanax so I could relax and pass out. It weirded me out, and that was 12 hours later on the comedown. The comeup I could only imagine.
Tripping on an airplane is one of those ideas that might be good in theory to have an ultimate experience, but in reality I don't think so. There is way to much that is out of your control. Espeicially now, with what has been going on.

I'd suggest having a sober buddy along so you don't freak out and scare people. Have fun though!
------------------
*does exotic belly dance*
Peace...
Love...
Unity...

I have done this before!
And I tell you it would probably be best to either save your stuff till you land -or- take maybe like a half.
my story goes like this. I was Djing in a club in Florida, after my set I decided to party a bit. Took a few hits -not even really thinking I was going to get back on a plane for another show in Chicago in the morning.
Took the hits around 3am and my flight was at 8am. By the time I boarded the plane I was trippn' ballz. I don't think I ever peaked so hard. Knowing that I was going to be stuck for a couple hours in this flying machine gave me terrible, terrible, terrible anxiety.
It seemed to me that evrybody knew that I was fucked. Its pretty hard to trip comfortably without smoking ciggarettes too!
Luckily I started talking to this lady and after a couple drinks she offered me a Valium, I just played it off like I was real stressed out!
Well anyway, I was never so happy to see the ground when we landed. Although I was absolutely smashed when I got off the plane (because of the valium and the five bloody marys I had) The lady had to help me to the door!
This could be very stressful, ecspecially with everything thats going on right now.
If your going to do this. Take a friend---
If thats not possible another good idea would be a Cell Phone. Because you can at least call a friend to talk to, if stuff starts going wrong!!!!
PEACE!!!!
Tell us how everything went!!!!

Dumb dumb dumb.
If anyone picks up a bad vibe, or you freak out, you are going to ruin alot of peoples flight, and make them all very scared.
Not to mention the FBI waiting for you when you land....

they don't let you use cell phones on most flights. you would have to be *sneaky*.
------------------
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers ... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls...Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

i would take acid on a plane, even today.. but that's just me. But if i was tripping, i would defenitly not bring any extra drugs because of the security nowadays. i'd take a hit just before going through customs.. heh heh

i thought about doing this once when i was flying to hawaii with my family for a little vacation....in the end, i just ate a pot brownie and called it a day....
------------------
hey guys, do you not like eating dicks like i do??

have you heard the one making the news about 2 years ago? about that tripping guy who got paranoid midflight and decided to use the emergency exit door?
fellow passengers beat his ass to death before the plane landed.
think twice.

I came back from Amsterdam a couple of months ago still high as a kite on Mushrooms... what a laugh...
I kept waking up and talking to myself and laughing at random intervals... the stewardesses were lovey though, smiling and asking if I was OK and giving me orange juice... good ould Aer Lingus....
------------------
"You better take care of me Lord because if you don't you're going to have ME on your hands!"
Hunter S. Thompson

If I tripped on the plane I'd end up fucking with people and pointing at some guy and saying he said hes gonna hijack us and beat the shit outta him with the rest of the people and laugh my ass off as i tell the story to others 2 years later.

I think this is a really bad idea, considering the general state of air travel right now it would be pretty stupid to be on a mind altering substance in a closed enviornment like that.
------------------
Webmaster of the Shroomery
www.shroomery.org
[email protected]

did anyone ever think of what if the plane gets hijacked while your tripping complete balls? a bunch of arabs running around the plane screaming in some weird language and swinging box cutters as your about to meet your ashy doom. talk about the be all end all of bad fucking trips.

I thought that this idea would be cool when I realized that you would be sitting in a chair the whole time with a lot of pent up energy.

If you were going to do this, I'd recommend first class. It's more casual and less cramped.

I have a friend who once did two hits on a flight from Hong Kong to (somewhere in India, I forget). It was only his first or second time doing acid too!

Just thought I'd add that

Holy crap.
I'd never reccomend anyone do that. It sounds like recipe for disaster. If you flipped out on a plane and started ranting like a loon or making demands these days, who knows that they'd do.