• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My vision fogs up after swimming?

angryteabag

Bluelighter
ive noticed that every time i go for a swim, my vision fogs up

the longer i swim the more they fog. but not the classic everything becomes blury. its more like i see rings around light sources as though the whole room is filled with steam.

it goes away after sleep. i asked other people if they get that and they said no. haha im not worried or anything just curious.

has this happend to anyone else? does anyone know why this happens to me?

Fill your bathtub with water and put your head underwater and open your eyes. Take your head out of the water and see if everything is foggy. If it is then theres your answer.. Its because of the water on your eyes.

If you are swimming in a public pool with open eyes, it could be the chlorine. Chlorinated pool water once caused my vision to blur, with full-on rainbows around the sun. I doubt it's good for your eyes, since my vision has been more blurry ever since.

If you are swimming in a public pool with open eyes, it could be the chlorine. Chlorinated pool water once caused my vision to blur, with full-on rainbows around the sun. I doubt it's good for your eyes, since my vision has been more blurry ever since.

YEah! thats exactly what happens.

maybe my eyes are more sensitive to the chlorine then other people seeing as it doesnt happen to anyone else i know?

I dont wear goggles and i open my eyes underwater

ill go for a swim in the ocean some time soon and seen if it happens with salt water

Definetly the chlorine, happens to me and all of my friends if we open our eyes for more than like a couple of minutes under water.
I remember one time I could barely keep my eyes open in the sun for the next few hours. My eyes are watering just remembering this!
To soothe your eyes if this happens use milk or a bicarb soda mix.

Chlorine does not make cornea happy.
It breaks down the epithelial layer (top layer...there are 5) creating discomfort and halos.
Wear goggles.

buy some goggles.. i never(barely) open my eyes in chrloine water, it hurts and im not surprised your vision is fucked from it.

Goggles, my friend. If your town has a oxygenated (as opposed to chlorinated) pool, it is well worth the effort to swim there instead.

I get this too and can also confirm that this happens only in chlorinated water. Fresh water doesn't have this effect.